Trench Mob

Nickeil Alexander-Walker 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

1/10 from the field is something shocking, worst first career game ever
Hope he can do much better next time

I can think of far worse games for a rookie including games where the rookie doesn't get on the floor and isn't allowed to chuck up 10 shots. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

This forum turns into a hot take fest over the first few weeks of the season. After that, casuals stop logging on or playing fantasy altogether and we can get back to quality posts.

This guy gets it. 

27 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

This forum turns into a hot take fest over the first few weeks of the season. After that, casuals stop logging on or playing fantasy altogether and we can get back to quality posts.

well said

On 10/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, perkinsfor3 said:

Some truth, but plenty of terrible takes on here throughout the season. People are generally pretty bad at not being prisoners of the moment whenever that is

• Like 2

honestly think most people post bad info and doom and gloom in most threads to try and drive players value down and try and buy low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think people tend to forget that the first few weeks of fantasy tend to be a wash since a lot of players are still getting up to speed. 

Sure, some stay bad but it's ridiculous how many terrible transactions happen in this window since a lot overreact to a game or a week of play. 

It's a long season and just cause you're losing 2-7 in the first week doesn't mean you drop everyone or blow it up, yeesh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

honestly think most people post bad info and doom and gloom in most threads to try and drive players value down and try and buy low.

This. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:57 PM, Lifschitz said:

It’s the first game, he was in Toronto (his hometown), rookie jitters, and some of his shots looked good and rattled in and out. He hits a couple of those threes and you’re looking at a potential 14/4/4/2 line or more because he didn’t play the entire quarter.

Whats glossed over in this is that jrue was terrible, and that’s because Lowry and fvv are dogs. They should give him combo guard minutes, he’s a big PG, not sure why he only played exclusively behind holiday.

I’m holding for a good while because the potential is tantalizing. He’s one jrue trade, Lonzo injury from major production. He’s still got a path to minutes as we speak. Hart is a good player and relatively young himself, but he’s a role player, nickeil can be a core piece for them for years to come. I laugh seeing all the people panic drop when I click research on yahoo! I wish they were in my league.

He looked absolutely electric on both ends, and soon the shots will start to fall and the minutes might start to rise.  

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Wow. Lol...I actually never saw it this way. Didn’t think ppl would be going this much “art of war” with their fantasy b-ball.

7 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

He looked absolutely electric on both ends, and soon the shots will start to fall and the minutes might start to rise.  

I would’ve loved to keep him, he’s got a bit more mid season appeal currently.

I just couldn’t pass up Nunn or Devonte Graham because the minutes are there and they don’t have 5 other guards to deal with.

I absolutely love his talent.

If he was playing some combo guard minutes I would keep him, I didn’t like that he’s playing strictly behind Jrue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

I just couldn’t pass up Nunn or Devonte Graham because the minutes are there and they don’t have 5 other guards to deal with.

If he was playing some combo guard minutes I would keep him, I didn’t like that he’s playing strictly behind Jrue.

Exactly.  Nunn and Graham are excellent pickups as well and seem more immediate value.   It's shaping up nicely this year with waiver guys like PJ, NAW, Fultz, Graham, Nunn, etc etc.  

57 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Same. If it stays the same next game, dropping for a hot guard, unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Same. If it stays the same next game, dropping for a hot guard, unfortunately.

Same here. Definitely want to see what his line and minutes look like if he's hitting his shots but this is the time of the year with all the hot waiver pickups

Definitely more minutes. He's still warming up in terms of hitting his shots so who knows how long it takes for those to start dropping. But when they do, look out. 

dude.. knee issues for Jrue 2 days into the season?? That's a red flag..

I won't run to add Nickeil yet - today is a strong watch day, it's wait and see for me. He looks a little shaky out there with his shooting at the NBA level, and we don't know if this is just a game to game thing. 

On 10/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, colepenhagen said:

These forums don't have that much influence. 

• Like 4

Can really see the difference in types of owners between those that are and aren't interested in this guy. Even when he was running hot in the preseason, it was clear he didn't have a path to minutes. That may be changing pending Jrue's health, but he's not close to fantasy relevance when the team is healthy.

I found his game 2 stats to be nice - in 15 min, 2 3pts and 6 asts 1 to? I will be watching closely for the game is interesting without Holiday for sure.

Jrue out for how long? Must add?

Edited by MysticPeak

Might be worth a stream tomorrow against the weakest defense in GSW with all the injuries the Pels have. Also had a nice line against the Heat though I'm not sure if it is a garbage time special.