BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, hoop said:

I'm gonna keep being stubborn as hell and keep hanging on to him. I mean, his value can't get any lower. Right? Right??? All I want is three good games in a row. And not even to up his trade value, but more of an intrinsic desire...

Well no his value can't get lower because his drop city value right now.

I think I'm going to call it quits with him.  And all his defenders can say what they want about him being a slow starter.. this isn't about how bad he's playing anymore.. It's about the injury.

There is no doubt he will be load managed for the rest of the season. Jsut look at all these factors that add up  to load management:

- His age

- He's on a playoff contender

- got injured within 20 mins of coming back from an injury

That 3rd point is what is specifically worrying. If you were the Jazz, would you not load manage him out of fear after what just happened?  They're playoff contenders, and Conley could be great for them in the playoffs. While risk it now?

You only keep heavily load managed players when they are elite guys.. eg. Kawhi and PG.    Conley is no where near that level this year. If he has proven to be top 40 then that is fine, but he has already got all us owners questioning whether we should keep him BEFORE the injury happened.

16 hours ago, Goku said:

I'm holding for now, too much upside and Jazz have a good play off schedule but I'm also ahead in my league and can afford it. If I was in the middle it would be a tough decision. 

Not sure where the upside is now that it is clear he should be load managed.

53 minutes ago, DZaak said:

I think I'm going to call it quits with him.  And all his defenders can say what they want about him being a slow starter.. this isn't about how bad he's playing anymore.. It's about the injury.

There is no doubt he will be load managed for the rest of the season. Jsut look at all these factors that add up  to load management:

- His age

That 3rd point is what is specifically worrying. If you were the Jazz, would you not load manage him out of fear after what just happened?  They're playoff contenders, and Conley could be great for them in the playoffs. While risk it now?

You only keep heavily load managed players when they are elite guys.. eg. Kawhi and PG.    Conley is no where near that level this year. If he has proven to be top 40 then that is fine, but he has already got all us owners questioning whether we should keep him BEFORE the injury happened.

I was being rhetorical, haha. But, yes, it's been disastrous for sure—particularly in terms of fantasy.

Dropped. Im out. Adios. Rostering him and lonzo has been tough, but luckily I stashed Payton before he was cleared. What a waste of a pick.

13 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I would if I could, but my league is trade averse and it’s doubly tough moving an injured guy in a non IR league. With 5-6 other guys on my roster injured I had to move on quickly. 

same. I can't get anything for him

well the owner in my league is going to drop him, trying to nab him by offering Bazemore but yeah, i think if he gets a big injury one more time its cut time definitely, but right now the upside is better than whatever is on the WW.

Harrison Barnes recently got dropped in my league and boy am I thinking hard about scooping him for Conley

I messaged my entire league that I am dropping him at the end of the week and will entertain buy low offers to help save FAAB... 

30 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I messaged my entire league that I am dropping him at the end of the week and will entertain buy low offers to help save FAAB... 

Man they will probably just wait for you to drop him tbh

Would you take harrison barnes for him? lol shameless plug of my post above yours.

Edited by Nazyef

14 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

well the owner in my league is going to drop him, trying to nab him by offering Bazemore but yeah, i think if he gets a big injury one more time its cut time definitely, but right now the upside is better than whatever is on the WW.

Would you say his upside higher than OG Anunoby's all things considered?

Edited by Nazyef

I stuck him in the IR and I'm just gonna try and forget about him until he comes back lol. Extremely frustrating though.

18 hours ago, DZaak said:

- His age

The Jazz beat writer Andy Larsen said the Jazz statement sounds a lot more positive than Shams's tweet.  

It is only 27 games into the season. If this was a serious injury then I could see the load management argument. But even if he were to come back after the all star break I could only see them restricting his minutes for a couple weeks.  

They aren't going to build chemistry for the playoffs by benching him the whole season. 

Drop him if you really want but in most competitive leagues I doubt there are many guaranteed starters with his kind of upside (even if it's capped by the Jazz system) on the wire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

The Jazz beat writer Andy Larsen said the Jazz statement sounds a lot more positive than Shams's tweet.  

It is only 27 games into the season. If this was a serious injury then I could see the load management argument. But even if he were to come back after the all star break I could only see them restricting his minutes for a couple weeks.  

They aren't going to build chemistry for the playoffs by benching him the whole season. 

Drop him if you really want but in most competitive leagues I doubt there are many guaranteed starters with his kind of upside (even if it's capped by the Jazz system) on the wire.

Yeah no doubt he's been bad thus far but if he's healthy I'd say he can safely put up 18/4/5 with 1.5 steals and a couple of triples. You won't find that on the wire.

With that being said, it's hard to justify holding him at the moment without an IR spot.

Edited by fabrar

13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah no doubt he's been bad thus far but if he's healthy I'd say he can safely put up 18/4/5 with 1.5 steals and a couple of triples. You won't find that on the wire.

With that being said, it's hard to justify holding him at the moment without an IR spot.

Well he hasn't averaged 1.5 steals in about six years, and I doubt he hits 18 points, but even 16/3/5 with a couple threes is hard to find on my wire. 

• Like 1

First time poster here, but am really looking for guidance. I'm talking with someone in my points league about a 4:3 trade:

Kawhi
Conley (On IL)
Dragic (On IL)
Taurean Prince

for
Lebron
Bogan Bogdanovic
Evan Fournier

I think LeBron is a get (consistently gets higher points than Kawhi), and pretty much seems indestructible at this point. I think I like Bogan for Conley since he's been hot, but I haven't been following him much this season either. Can anyone shed some light here? Will Bogdanovic hold value if Conley gets hot?

Have some slight reservations about Fournier for Taurean and Dragic. Fournier has obviously come back to earth since Vucevic came back, but he shows some potential for good 30+ point games. On the other hand, Taurean Prince, although streaky can get that too. Dragic, was playing really well before getting injured, but I don't know what his value is now that Nunn and Adebayo are really taking off.

I'm sitting kind of comfortably at the 2nd-seed, but two other teams seem to be in great position to take that. I'd be worried to face them in playoffs. Would love your insight, folks.

Edited by quinnlyt

Dropped in my 20 team league (no IR). Couldn't believe it, then saw the production and recent injury history. I'm still using my second waiver pick on him, particularly as I lost Curry and have been on the search for a decent PG ever since. 

Edited by flat_eric

15 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Dropped in my 20 team league (no IR). Couldn't believe it, then saw the production and recent injury history. I'm still using my second waiver pick on him, particularly as I lost Curry and have been on the search for a decent PG ever since. 

In your situation it may be worth it to take a shot. But what @DZaak is saying feels like it has some merit. There probably will be quite a bit of load mgmt along the way and it might mitigate his friendly playoff schedule. I understand that they need to build chemistry for the playoffs also but it's a tough call if you already have him. But if you are looking for a Steph replacement he might be worth seeing what you can get out of him. JMO of course.

And I'm a salty Conley owner right now. I'm debating dropping him in my 12 teamer for OG Anunoby

5 hours ago, Nazyef said:

Would you take harrison barnes for him? lol shameless plug of my post above yours.

I've got 3 offers (1 lready declined, mostly guys with only short term value but are currently putting up good numbers due to injuries) and a message about 1 more coming tonight. We have 2 IL spots in this league and there are a few people who have burnt considerable chunks of their FAAB budget. So I am hoping that stash-ability combined with a first place team that is starting to run away will lead a couple other guys to want to take a shot. 

I wouldn't take Barnes as the Kings rotation is a mess and I am not a fan of his stat set. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I've got 3 offers (1 lready declined, mostly guys with only short term value but are currently putting up good numbers due to injuries) and a message about 1 more coming tonight. We have 2 IL spots in this league and there are a few people who have burnt considerable chunks of their FAAB budget. So I am hoping that stash-ability combined with a first place team that is starting to run away will lead a couple other guys to want to take a shot. 

I wouldn't take Barnes as the Kings rotation is a mess and I am not a fan of his stat set. 

It looks like your league settings are perfect to pull this off. 

Not everyone has that luxury.  My league goes off standard waiver priority starting with draft position at the start of the season, then every new waiver used pushes you to the back of the priority. Also we only have one IR slot. Usually thats good enough, but this is just one of those seasons.  Almost every team in my league has a long term injury in the IR.

• Like 1

One more thing.  After my whole rant about load mgmt... I'm still holding Conley wtf. I'm just trying to put out a bunch of trade offer for now. all declined or left for the proposal to expire.

For your reference to all owners looking to trade him away...

I'm in a 16-team league with 10 roster slots + 1 IR slot. 

Declined trades:

Conley for Kennard

Conley for Tucker

Conley for Dejounte

Conley for Schroder (someone on this thread said they were offered this by Schroder owner so thought i'd try even though it is an obv decline).

Conley for J richardson (obv decline but J-rich is super buy low Playing extremely badly)

Trades pending reply:

Conley for Ball (this owner is 1st in the standings and one of only 3 teams with a free IR spot. This seems like a realistic offer he could accept. But he hasn't bitten yet).

Conley for Satoransky

Conley for Mclemore (just offered this one 10 minutes ago. honestly not sure if this is a good idea as Mclemore is short term only with Eric Gordon coming back).

Edited by DZaak
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nazyef said:

7 hours ago, Nazyef said:

Would you say his upside higher than OG Anunoby's all things considered?

i'd take OG or Barnes over him definitely 

• Thanks 1

Got Marcus Morris which wasn't ideal. Was considering an offer for Dunn and brunson but both those guys were so short term. Declined another for paschall. 

I turned down a Cp3 for Conley offer at the start of the year - regretting that one now! Lucky in my league I can IR him - only hope is he comes back in the new year - gets 1-2 weeks of serviceable lines under his belt and can trade him for some sort of low end value!