BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

I traded him 2 weeks ago for Covington 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If anybody's of the same thought process, I'd say he has at most till the end of next week to see if he gets back the starting job.  If not, name recognition or not he was simply not rosterable in 12 teams and below, and unless he had an epiphany that would help his shooting percentage, I wouldn't count on an improvement on the current team.   

6 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

If anybody's of the same thought process, I'd say he has at most till the end of next week to see if he gets back the starting job.  If not, name recognition or not he was simply not rosterable in 12 teams and below, and unless he had an epiphany that would help his shooting percentage, I wouldn't count on an improvement on the current team.   

Not me. He was obviously going to get slowly ramped up off the bench. Walden said he probably would have played more if not for the blowout. As long as the minutes trend upward I will wait and see and play it by ear. 

10 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

I traded him 2 weeks ago for Covington and I am happy....I am scared about conley this year but maybe he can round into form, be a starter and make a good season ending

wut.  Can I play in your league please?

to show the decline of the dude this year.. start of the year I turned down cp3 for Conley.....then when he was out I turned down buy low offers of TJ Warren and then Lamb....now im starting to think TJ might not have been too bad! 

• Haha 1

Continues to look like an odd fit in Utah with a declining body. Most shocking is how low the assists are when Jingles is getting them nighly

40 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Continues to look like an odd fit in Utah with a declining body. Most shocking is how low the assists are when Jingles is getting them nighly

Too many ball handlers, hes not used to having a jingles and a mitchell during his Memphis days.  Its like james harden not being able to dribble dribble dribble, he wouldn't look the same either.  Hope he gets traded.

if you guys want some hope to cling onto, jazz are 4-1 in games conley scored 20+ points

if conley can channel his game from last year then the jazz have their 3rd star and should be taken seriously as contenders....

they will need him more than people realize in order to compete with the top dogs 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

I don't think I can do this anymore. He and Bryant together is just too much for anyone to bare 

One of the weirdest headscratchers in recent memory. Went from an absolute baller last year to completely invisible this year. It's almost Hibbert-esque.

1 rebound in 9 minutes and nothing else. 

11 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

9mins and 1 rebound with nothing else. How the f--- is that real ?

The funny thing is he doesn't look slow or anything either. He just looks exactly like the stats suggest--invisible. 

I thought he was the missing piece for the Jazz to contend but he looks completely superfluous. They would be much better off with his salary going towards a wing defender like Robert Covington. In fact they should call up the Timberwolves and make that deal lol. 

Demand a trade, and circle your rematch date. 

He averaged 25.75 points, 5.75 assists, 4.75 rebounds, and 1.5 steals against the Jazz last season.

its a sad state of affairs when reggie Jackson and Alfred Payton are looking better bets on the wire. I don't think hes gna be at full mins until mid to late feb which might be too late..when I need pg stats now

57 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

its a sad state of affairs when reggie Jackson and Alfred Payton are looking better bets on the wire. I don't think hes gna be at full mins until mid to late feb which might be too late..when I need pg stats now

pretty sure he was Batman's butler

• Haha 2

Lol on UTA's offensive sets.

They are putting Conley at the baseline corner while Donovan, Clarkson and Jingles are able to handle the ball with all those pistol/pick and roll action.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

Dropped for a Ariza/streamer spot.

I think that should be the move from here out.