BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

At this point I doubt anyone would blame you for dropping, but in a 14 teamer I'm going to wait for 30mpg to see if he truly is washed.

41 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

At this point I doubt anyone would blame you for dropping, but in a 14 teamer I'm going to wait for 30mpg to see if he truly is washed.

I think thats what makes this harder - his mins are still being ramped. so all we can really do is hold, wait and see. but if you're fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot and hes your worst player I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping him/streaming that spot

2 hours ago, prinserj21 said:

Dropped for a Ariza/streamer spot.

yup, did the same.

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

I think thats what makes this harder - his mins are still being ramped. so all we can really do is hold, wait and see. but if you're fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot and hes your worst player I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping him/streaming that spot

15, 18, 18, 19 minutes. He isn't anywhere close to 30 minutes yet and to the extent there is an upward trend it's glacial.

What concerns me even more than the minutes is he isn't showing anything when he actually is on the court.

7 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

4 game week next week and then the trade deadline. Let's see how far up the mins and the production get ramped. 

I doubt any team will trade for him(declining,injury prone and toxic contract)

Looking at the box scores of his last season is like going to Carthage and looking at some columns and fragments of walls here and there, then thinking what it was in its heyday. At this point IDK even what would feel worse, dropping him and witnessing a resurgence on someone else's team, or rostering him while solid streams are picked up only to end up with no payoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This slow return is exactly what I feared in previous pages of this thread.  The Jazz are simply playing well without his usage so he's just trying to fit in without disrupting, I guess.  It still wouldn't surprise me if he comes on strong towards the last end of the season, but it is difficult to hold through the nothingness right now.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Lol on UTA's offensive sets.

They are putting Conley at the baseline corner while Donovan, Clarkson and Jingles are able to handle the ball with all those pistol/pick and roll action.

Yeah, Conley needs to re-establish himself as a reliable option and that's going to take some time. It's a hard ask to hold him in fantasy right now. 

On the bright side he did dunk pre-game the other day in warmups.

• Haha 1

streaming elfrid Payton today and im nervous almost don't want him to put up a stud game because then im realllyyyy gonna want to drop Conley instead 

20 hours ago, Ace_King said:

15, 18, 18, 19 minutes. He isn't anywhere close to 30 minutes yet and to the extent there is an upward trend it's glacial.

What concerns me even more than the minutes is he isn't showing anything when he actually is on the court.

The upcoming Blazers game will be the test. If they don't match him up vs Dame then there is really no point in having a smaller guard and they should just run with Mitchell at the point. 

• Like 1

Sad to see conley as awful as he is. Hes totally out of sync in every way.

Unreal how much the Jazz are almost trying to avoid getting him going.

I just saw Mitchell in midair see/facing an open Conley, and he tried double clutching and passed it to the defender in front of him instead.

• Like 1

Haven’t been watching games, but perhaps the substitution patterns are at least a bit encouraging? It seems like there’s a conscious effort to have him out there alongside the starters, and I hope he doesn’t stay terrible.

Since all possible replacements (w/ the exception of Delon) were picked up yesterday, I guess I'll just have to hold and keep hoping. At least the minutes are bouncing up now, so this 4-game slate should give us a hunch.

49 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

small wins guys.. more mins and double digit points and more then 1 assist - trending up...slowly 😂

Agreed. The turnovers were so bad though. I think he was just really pressing, and he is clearly in his own head. 

It sucks that he got injured for basically the easiest part of their schedule and is now back for the hardest part. I really think that had he been able to play continuously, against some easy opponents, he would be fitting in by now. Not perfectly but better than the hot mess we are seeing now. 

• Like 1

Someone dropped Richaun Holmes. I'm going for it guys, sorry it's been fun in here

already dropped this bum even before he returned. yes I know everyone here including me is not as good as Conley in basketball but at the Nba level he is officially washed and old