BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, iowncrazyhair said:

2nd half of season bounce back, lets go Mike. 

Hope is not a strategy. But what is it about ‘2nd half’ or all-star break that people consider a breaking point? Some witchcraft?

3/3 so far,is it happening?

Do my eyes deceive me??? Pls lord 

I might’ve just lost Kyrie for the season. Conley I need u my man

34 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Hope is not a strategy. But what is it about ‘2nd half’ or all-star break that people consider a breaking point? Some witchcraft?

How about reversion to the mean? A guy who is shooting 44% from the field and 37% from 3 for 788 career may turn things around after 28 games at 38/33% in a new system.  

More generally, guys who have been beaten up/injured get time off to rest and recover. It doesn't help everyone but it can help some players.

• Like 1

Man he looks good out there - he's been moving well for a few games now. Shot just hasn't been dropping. He also needs to do a better job of getting it to Rudy.

Let's see. I think he's trying to figure it out and the best is yet to come as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

Damn, he actually...looks pretty good? Dare I be optimistic?

He started for so long in Memphis, so the bench + new system seemed to affect him negatively.

They finally started him, and the results were showing. That previous missed game must have been the final straw for a lot of ppl that picked him up just before returning from injury. (To drop, if fighting in a close playoff race etc)

Edited by bksm

7 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

No. He missed plenty on the 2nd half.

Hes scrubbing it up in 2nd half

Man, the Jazz were on a roll while Conley was on the bench / out. He returns to the starting lineup and they instantly get smacked by a non playoff team. The organization needs to accept reality that they play better without him and salvage some value for him while they can. Sucks to say because he is such a nice guy. 

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1

plus they are losing badly...they cant win games with conley highly involved..

1 minute ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

No. Dame was just killing it, which opens a lot of space to his teammates. Whiteside also dominated Rudy under the rim.

Does this explain the slow start to the year where they floundered as a 6 seed? And then the huge jump they made to #2 while he was out with a hammy? 

Edited by justaguy

showing life but don't feel good about this unless he can string together 3-5 solid games

3 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Does this explain the slow start to the year where they floundered as a 6 seed? And then the huge jump they made to #2 while he was out with a hammy? 

I'm not hyped for Utah being top 5 this season. But by looking at their game log, their longest losing streak was 3 before December of last year; and that includes both Conley in and out of games.

They played against weaker teams when Conley was out from the hamstring issue, hence the long winning streak. And maybe the top tier teams lost games during that period that they shouldn't? 

27 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Everyone knows Conley's absence coincided with the softest part of their schedule. He has been pretty bad, but you can't blame all their struggles on him. He had the best +/- of any starter tonight. 

8 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Everyone knows Conley's absence coincided with the softest part of their schedule. He has been pretty bad, but you can't blame all their struggles on him. He had the best +/- of any starter tonight. 

Look at his impact on Rudy. The two of them both acknowledged at the beginning of the year that he needed to adjust, given that Rudy plays much differently compared to Gasol. Rudy was an early candidate for biggest draft bust. Same theme happened tonight. He is not a good fit with this team.

When he plays, and they lose, it's because of the schedule. When hes out, and the team skyrockets, it's because of the schedule. Why even bother playing the games when outcomes can be perfectly explained by the schedule.

I think he still has something left in the tank but he is not a good fit on this team. And he hasn't been since day 1. Cant blame the schedule for that.

Is he a natural fit on the team? Probably not. But I will take tonight's game as a flash. I mean he shot 45% tonight. 22/4/4 and a couple of stocks. If that's not a step in the right direction, I don't know what is folks. And for those bemoaning how they could have lost to the Blazers, need I remind you that the Blazers just came in and swept the floor with the Lakers in a game that they 100% had no business in losing? Come on, now. 

He shot 1-9 in the second half. He’s just not good this year. Bad fit for the utah jazz or he just plain sucks.

Edited by Cpxaztec