BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Mike Conley (rest) won't play on Friday vs. the Spurs.

WtF

I hope the league continues to lose money with this bs

• Like 1

I don't get why they cant just limit his minutes in back to back to like 25 instead of this rest bs when he has been off for 2 weeks

NBA seriously needs to do something about this next season. Make a stand. People pay tickets to see alotta these guys that get rest play. Its a joke how a guy whos had plenty of rest continue to get more rest. Maybe eliminate back to backs since these millenials are too soft to play through these injuries.

Edited by jay_00
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jay_00 said:

NBA seriously needs to do something about this next season. Make a stand. People pay tickets to see alotta these guys that get rest play. Its a joke how a guy whos had plenty of rest continue to get more rest. Maybe eliminate back to backs since these millenials are too soft to play through these injuries.

Cant stress enough how soft nba players are. This era where dudes are getting crazy money, can pick and choose where and who they play with and basically do what they want. Guys in the 80's and 90's would play 40 minutes easy and never complained about the workload or amount of games and they made way less! NHL has a similar schedule and no one sits on back to backs

• Like 1

Elfrid Payton was perfectly fine last game, gets over a week off, and now he's ruled out well before tipoff with ankle soreness. I thought all this rest was supposed to keep these guys healthy? 

Edited by bjav4282
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bjav4282 said:

Elfrid Payton was perfectly fine last game, gets over a week off, and now he's ruled out well before tipoff with ankle soreness. I thought all this rest was supposed to keep these guys healthy? 

Yup, players are still getting season ending injuries, but supposedly all these rest games are supposed to help with that. Im sure teams believe all this rest will prolong their careers, and other teams wanna rest guys so their fresh for playoffs. My question is the bad teams that rest players that are not part of their future (like Elfrid), like what is the point of that? I dont even own Elfrid, but it literally makes 0 sense for the Knicks to rest him over some baby ankle soreness.

Awesome game back after being rested and ready to go for the 2nd half of the season!  You dumb skank.

• Haha 1

I just don't understand how his steal rate is so low. I can't remember the last time a guy's steal rate dropped in half from one year to the next.

Just now, Eltoro said:

I just don't understand how his steal rate is so low. I can't remember the last time a guy's steal rate dropped in half from one year to the next.

He should have gone to a different team, cuz jazz aint it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

I dropped him, he's just not really doing it at this stage. Very low usage, i mean just a single dish? Cruddy game.

I mean over his previous 5 games he put up 19/5/5, so he's not a drop for me yet, especially with the 4-3-4 playoff sched. But the lack of steals is really driving me nuts. This dude had 29 games of 2 or more steals last season... just 5 this year.

Sad to say but I guess it's Father Time stealing his quickness.

5 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I think Gary Harris when he used to average 2 spg. Because I had him on the down year and Conley this year. I should just never draft a guy thinking he's a lock for 2 spg again. 

9 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I mean over his previous 5 games he put up 19/5/5, so he's not a drop for me yet, especially with the 4-3-4 playoff sched. But the lack of steals is really driving me nuts. This dude had 29 games of 2 or more steals last season... just 5 this year.

Sad to say but I guess it's Father Time stealing his quickness.

Just make sure they don't have back to backs or you are looking at DNP's

10 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I mean over his previous 5 games he put up 19/5/5, so he's not a drop for me yet, especially with the 4-3-4 playoff sched.

Where are people finding playoff schedules? I know RW used to have a chart every year.