BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

I wonder how much an effect the opposition has on his production? Kinda doubtful he's going to put up non-bum numbers with Smart potentially guarding him, but I could just be falling for one of the classic blunders as he stuffs the stat sheet instead.

3 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

I wonder how much an effect the opposition has on his production? Kinda doubtful he's going to put up non-bum numbers with Smart potentially guarding him, but I could just be falling for one of the classic blunders as he stuffs the stat sheet instead.

I've played enough dfs to know matchups matter quite a bit. Never play guards against Boston or the Clippers. I hope I'm wrong as I need a good week from Conley and he's disappeared again. On fire recently though, so it's hard to drop this guy with the good playoff schedule and upside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I've played enough dfs to know matchups matter quite a bit. Never play guards against Boston or the Clippers. I hope I'm wrong as I need a good week from Conley and he's disappeared again. On fire recently though, so it's hard to drop this guy with the good playoff schedule and upside. 

I remember when playing guards against the Spurs was also a big no-no in roto, I think. Bench it is for tonite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Excellent point. Most of my streaming is matchup based so I look ahead to see and I actually check game logs to see how players do against that team. Bjelica burned me last night but he’s been bad against the warriors all year 

• Like 1

pulled from the starting lineup.... and just dropped from my team. so long! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

I dont think point guards work in this Utah system. 

I agree. Jazz fans are pointing to Clarkson as evidence that they do but Clarkson is a scoring 2, not a true point guard. 

Either way I guess I'll just wait and see how it shakes out. In a 14 teamer there isn't much on the wire.

36 minutes ago, brosephd said:

pulled from the starting lineup.... and just dropped from my team. so long! 

Premature. Conley could potentially be more productive with the bench unit, and he could still close out games. Worth holding to find out. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Premature. Conley could potentially be more productive with the bench unit, and he could still close out games. Worth holding to find out. 

We’ve been saying this all season.

I honestly can't even be bothered anymore. I refuse to let myself get worked up over Conley any longer. He's been a headache all season and I have had it. Welcome to my bench as well. 

Hold off dropping him. 

Jazz are now going with Conley starting and Ingles off the bench. 

Backflipped in the last hour. 

bamboozled

conley wasn't doing much anyways beginning of season with ingles off bench. 

Edited by brosephd

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

bamboozled

conley wasn't doing much anyways beginning of season with ingles off bench. 

Why wouldn't you just wait and see how tonight plays out? Was there someone you had to pick up at that minute?

Easy hold. Problem with Conley, Jingles and Mitchell together is all 3 need the ball to do well. Dropping one playmaker gives Conley more ability to dictate the offense. Jazz problem is Gobert can’t shoot and Bojan and Mitchell aren’t used as catch and shoot players 

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Easy hold. Problem with Conley, Jingles and Mitchell together is all 3 need the ball to do well. Dropping one playmaker gives Conley more ability to dictate the offense. Jazz problem is Gobert can’t shoot and Bojan and Mitchell aren’t used as catch and shoot players 

Yea he was finding his stride before all star break, why drop if you've been holding until now lol.

Point guard success in Utah is a while other conversation.

But as for this move to bench, how can anyone automatically see this as a negative and drop? All we know is he is now coming off the bench. It may work out and be better. It may not. But we don’t know. We don’t know what his minutes will look like. Or how he will do. So its a wait and see for me.

Never make decisions in haste like that unless it was its for something really good.

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Point guard success in Utah is a while other conversation.

But as for this move to bench, how can anyone automatically see this as a negative and drop? All we know is he is now coming off the bench. It may work out and be better. It may not. But we don’t know. We don’t know what his minutes will look like. Or how he will do. So its a wait and see for me.

Never make decisions in haste like that unless it was its for something really good.

He's starting tonight, Ingles coming off the bench.

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea he was finding his stride before all star break, why drop if you've been holding until now lol.

Proven fantasy player and Utah slipping in the standings that’s enough to hold. Overall he’s been a big flop but he’s showing life. Snyder’s offense is horrible and holding Mike back 

Finally finds his rhythm, gets rested/babied, loses rhythm. At least come playoff time he will be able to shoot 30% in perfect health.