Trench Mob

Malcolm Brogdon 2019-2020 Outlook

Thank goodness I traded him for Lowry before he got injured the first time. Risk to a risk I guess

This guy is so frustrating to own. Was a beast early on but so many injuries. Will Dipo affect his performances going forward?

Still not worried. Getting hit in the face is as fluky an injury as they come. I still stand by my theory that while his points may go down with Dipo back, his overall efficiency should go up, with possibly more assists. 

22 minutes ago, pokolo said:

really frustrating to own and considering dropping him.

You'll regret that immensely.

1 hour ago, pokolo said:

really frustrating to own and considering dropping him.

Definitely do NOT drop. He'll kill it next game and you'll be even madder.

The buy low window couldn't be anymore open than it is right now. Plus the pending Oladipo return, double whammy. 

tbh I don't see him as a buy low right now. I wouldn't sell pennies fon the dollar. He was so dominant before his injury and man, this can happen to anyone. He missed 10.5 games the last two month. Not great but currently not a disaster. PG13 missed the same amount of games and yes, he is a different tier, but nobody would drop this guy. So hold your horses. He will be healthy and he will be fine with Dipo back.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dorwell said:

tbh I don't see him as a buy low right now. I wouldn't sell pennies fon the dollar. He was so dominant before his injury and man, this can happen to anyone. He missed 10.5 games the last two month. Not great but currently not a disaster. PG13 missed the same amount of games and yes, he is a different tier, but nobody would drop this guy. So hold your horses. He will be healthy and he will be fine with Dipo back.

He is def buy low right now, even when noone will sell. Buy low just means his value as a player is at its lowest (or very low at least) and will soon get back to normal.

19 hours ago, simon said:

He is def buy low right now, even when noone will sell. Buy low just means his value as a player is at its lowest (or very low at least) and will soon get back to normal.

But than it is no factor. If he is out 4 weeks I can see it. But no competitve manager will sell him for Dejounte Murray or something. So buy low is just a factor if you play with newbies.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dorwell said:

But than it is no factor. If he is out 4 weeks I can see it. But no competitve manager will sell him for Dejounte Murray or something. So buy low is just a factor if you play with newbies.

Well actually there is a lot of managers frustrated with Brogdon or worried that Oladipo will hurt his production. It's not the length of his absence but the fact he is out every two weeks or something and with the coming weeks being important to secure a playoff spot many teams cannot afford missed games. There is certainly a chance someone gives up on him.

31 minutes ago, dorwell said:

And here we are with a near tripdoub. Only the ft isn't good. 

And FTs are where he's strongest. I wasn't watching the game, but he was stuck with a pretty mediocre line up until mid 4th I believe? So he needed OT to get to this full line, but he did it all in 36 minutes. So encouraging going forward I think.

Not perfect for sure. But he came back from some rest/injury days so no big deal if there is one game with a bit of rust.

Looked like they were making a point to get Vic involved since it was his first game back. Once that normalizes Brogdon will be back to killing it. He needed OT to salvage his points line last night

Vic and Brogdon contribute differently to the team.  If Vic is 100% healthy he can defend the other team's best Wing player while Brogdon runs the offence and create open looks for Vic (justified at Vic's 3 attempt rate on his first game).  Vic can also have the occasional iso moments and make defenders dance.

Vic will focus on 3pt attempt and steals with occasional drive to the rim while Brogdon will take measured 3pt shots and dimes everyone up.  Win Win for both.  I hope both of them thrive in this new system.

• Like 1

After the early hot start season,he is quite disappointed,random injury and mediocre line in last month

Edited by kane

We're complaining about tonight's line? 17-8-6 with 2 3s and only 2 TOs isn't bad at all. The shooting could've been better for sure, but 6/14 isn't horrible. 

His usage might've dropped compared to early season, but considering Dipo is back, it's not horrible. Using the last 3 games, first two with Dipo back in the starting lineup and tonight with no Dipo, he's either led or tied the team lead in shot attempts and averaged 6.6 apg. Once his shot starts to fall more in line with his season/career numbers, the points will come as well. 

I'm not worried one bit. 

• Like 1

He's not even bothering to get a steal now.  What is going on with him.  I knew he would be impacted by Dipo coming back, but he isn't even trying anymore.