fabrar

Damian Lillard 2019-2020 Outlook

Didn't see a thread for Dame Dolla so I thought I'd create one. Seems to be the consensus 7th pick (and where I ended up drafting him). One of the most durable superstars and has not been the victim of the dreaded load management regime yet. What are we expecting from him this year? 27/7/5 with 1 stl and 45/90 shooting seems possible and is in line with what he's been doing over the past few years. Thoughts? Anybody take Dame over Embiid as they're usually in that 7th/8th range?

He's locked in at 7 for me over Embiid. Him and Jokic are close imo as well. I probably would go Jokic but i'd definitely heavily consider Dame at 6. He's just incredible.

Every year I hope I get 7-8 to nab Dame, always consistent and never ever misses games. I think we’ll see numbers like last year tbh

Think I am ranking him at 6 ahead of Jokic instead of reaching for a point guard in round two. Set your draft up to take someone who falls in round 3 or 4 like Lowry or Conley to match up with him. There's more value in his ft boost and pts than a lot of what Jokic does. 

Edited by BMart519

On 10/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, BMart519 said:

Think I am ranking him at 6 ahead of Jokic instead of reaching for a point guard in round two. Set your draft up to take someone who falls in round 3 or 4 like Lowry or Conley to match up with him. There's more value in his ft boost and pts than a lot of what Jokic does. 

Got Conley in the 4th and D'Angelo in the 5th for a nice 3-guard lineup haha

1 hour ago, justincns said:

Has anyone won their league with Dame? What did your team look like?

Im sure a lot of people have won with Lillard as the first pick because he plays during fantasy playoffs.

Had him 2 years ago, 13th pick out of 14 teams, finished 5th seed with a 102-74-4 record but went on to win it all. First 6 players I drafted were Lillard, DMC, Dragic, Horford, Nerlens (yikes), Aaron Gordon (flop). Was able to trade DMC for KAT literally a few days before DMC went down so that helped fix my bad draft. Maxed my stream spots during the playoffs and luckily edged my opponent. I remember Quinn Cook was amazing that year down the stretch.

1 hour ago, justincns said:

Won with him in 17/18 when he avgd 27/6.6/4.5. trying to remember who else I had on my team then - Butler, Whiteside, Klay and RoCo off the top of my head

7 hours ago, justincns said:

Last season with a core of Dame, Horford, Siakam and BroLo.

Lost Dipo to injury

Lost OPJ and Roco to shutdown

Shoutout to Payton, Kanter, KCP, Jakarr, Harkless and Caboclo 

14 man 9 cat H2H

12 hours ago, justincns said:

Came super close last year in an 18 team, points league. Barely lost in championship and Dame was my anchor. Also had Aldridge, MitchRob, Sexton, Middleton.

Kinda learned, atleast from my league, that it's about getting guys that are gonna play, get minutes, and produce. That's Dame.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:30 AM, justincns said:

lol went undefeated during the season and won the championship, had a loaded team though with Lavine, PG13, Marc, Horford, Luka and more.

1 minute ago, BlueDevils2202 said:

Who should we be pairing Dame with in the 2nd round?

In roto leagues you can pick a big man to complement him. Vucevic would be a nice pairing with him. In H2H maybe someone like Jrue or kemba? Or if you want to be strong in assists, pair with Trae. You could go with the wing route too and pair him with like butler or someone like that

42 minutes ago, BlueDevils2202 said:

1) Booker if you want another high end scorer capable of 26-28 ppg 

2) Kemba or Trae to lock down assists

3) To make up for a lack of steals from Dame, Butler gets you an elite steals guy and a reliable wing

4) A non-punt ft% big (don’t waste Dame’s ft value) - Vuc and Ayton both fit the bill

5) The Wild Card - Luka...could be the best of the bunch if he can get his ft% out of punt territory...likely punting FG% with Dame and Luka though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueDevils2202 said:

I went with PG, looking to punt FG

9 hours ago, mattshhh said:

His reliability is refreshing

It really is. He's consistent and he doesn't sit games. 

Even when he has an awful game... he puts up a monster line. Absolute savage. Mr. Reliable. Borderline top 5 guy if you value you consistency (as you should)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Even when he has an awful game... he puts up a monster line. Absolute savage. Mr. Reliable. Borderline top 5 guy if you value you consistency (as you should)

He had line 10 points and then when I looked 5 minutes later he had 28 lol. I guess it was dame time 

• Like 3