fabrar

Damian Lillard 2019-2020 Outlook

10 hours ago, GJDHouse said:

So nobody wants to talk about the fact that Lillard just messed up his groin?  At least it comes at the all star break so that gives him a week off. But he’s got to be missing some time from the look of it. 

Nope in denial. 

If I talk about it then I know it's real. 

Everything is fine.

• Haha 1

waiting until the MRI before jumping to conclusions.  But this was an unpleasant situation to wake up to.

Was watching this live and it ruined my entire evening. His comments after the game lead me to believe it's not that serious but MRI will tell all. 

If Dame is out, looks like McCollum will man the point, with either Simons or Trent getting the SG minutes. Looks like Simons is the backup PG as well. 

Looks like Trent can shoot threes most games (not last night). Simons was 6/7 from 3 point land last night. 

Can either guy play defense??

I'm thinking this will be a who ever has the hot hand time share for SG minutes. And Simons will also get some PG minutes unless they have some one else who can be a PG.

57 minutes ago, LJ8MVP said:

Was watching this live and it ruined my entire evening. His comments after the game lead me to believe it's not that serious but MRI will tell all. 

I figured the opposite. He quickly ruled out saying he wont be participating in the 3 point contest nor the all star game. Had he said lets see how I feel tomorrow or what the MRI says before ruling out said all star activities then I would be more optimistic. Of course I hope its not serious, but LeBron missed like 17 games with his last season after being basically invisible all of his career injury wise. Yes Lillard is younger so that helps a lot.

That one silver lining is that it happened right before the All Star break, and most of us are in leagues that compete with a 2 week period over All Star Weekend.  So even if it is a 15-20 day recovery, we could escape with only 2 fantasy weeks missed.  Just need to hope it is a minor strain.  Take 10 days off, then start a 10 recovery process and get back out there for the conclusion of the season.  Don't need a 30 day injury right now.

He's still performing (rapping) at allstar weekend.....so I can't imagine it's THAT bad otherwise I'm sure he'd stay back in Portland. 

I'm sure it's just some light groin fatigue from dicking down defenses so hard the last few months.

Rest up sweet prince

• Haha 3

Hello fellow Dame owners. Waiting on this report has been torture. I keep switching between no news is good news and no news means they’re just waiting for the right moment to deflate the fan base. In any event, hope the man is ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolled_set said:

Groin strain 1-2 week per yahoo. 

As in it starts today/tomorrow as in portland doesn't play for 10 more so days so thats already 1.5 weeks out of the 2 of recovery?

• Like 1

1-2 weeks isn't too bad.

today is the 13th so hopefully he only misses, if any:

@NO 21/02

Det 23/02

maybe BOS 25/02

With the ASB, he will likely be doing NOTHING but healing up so let's hope he comes back closer to the 1 week mark.

Groin injury at the ASB spells concern for fantasy playoffs.  I hope he heals quickly.  He has been on a tear recently.

I think this is the best we could've hoped for. Rest up dame, you deserve it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Groin injury at the ASB spells concern for fantasy playoffs.  I hope he heals quickly.  He has been on a tear recently.

I see what you did. 

8 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Rotoworld blurb - "Damian Lillard reaggravates groin injury during AllStar performance. Out for 4 - 6 weeks".

What?

• Haha 1