tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 7

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 7

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 7 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

It’s a little early and depends if you have the room on your roster, but the Jets D/ST has a super juicy schedule week 9-14

NYJ pairs well with the Pats DST down the stretch also.  If you hold both for the second half of the season here's your weekly plays.  In most weeks you might continue the early pattern of your DST outscoring most of your skills players. 

9      NYJ @MIA
10     NYJ v. NYG
11     NYJ @WAS
12     NE v. DAL or NYJ v. OAK (pick whichever is playing worse or has more injured players)
13     NYJ @CIN
14     NYJ v. MIA
15     NE @CIN   
16     NYJ v. PIT
17     NE v. MIA 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jumper said:

NYJ pairs well with the Pats DST down the stretch also.  If you hold both for the second half of the season here's your weekly plays.  In most weeks you might continue the early pattern of your DST outscoring most of your skills players. 

9      NYJ @MIA
10     NYJ v. NYG
11     NYJ @WAS
12     NE v. DAL or NYJ v. OAK (pick whichever is playing worse or has more injured players)
13     NYJ @CIN
14     NYJ v. MIA
15     NE @CIN   
16     NYJ v. PIT
17     NE v. MIA 

I know it looks good and I've got both rostered for this reason, but man that's a lot of Jets DT. 

5 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Mark Walton is seeing a surge in adds but he's just a pipe dream. I'd stay away.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to throw the name around tomorrow so people spend their FAAB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rb187 said:

Jamaal Williams 

Good add. I picked him up after the concussion, plus I have Jones. He's amazingly only 16% owned in Yahoo!

• Like 1

Looks like a weak crop. Save FAAB or waiver priority and look to see who is dropped by panicking owners. 

• Like 1

Jump back on the Chris Herndon train where he was dropped. Might miss another week yes, but Darnoud looked good in his return and these two had a nice rapport last year. 

BUF and PIT D/STs line up nicely.

7- BUF v MIA

8- PIT v MIA

9- BUF v WAS

10- BUF @ CLE

11- BUF @ MIA

12- PIT @ CIN

13- PIT v CLE

14- PIT @ ARI

15- PIT v BUF

16- PIT @ NYJ

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Think he's a wait and see. Wouldn't waste a a mid level waiver on him.

Oh yeah.  There is a lot to monitor on the injury report.  It's more of an "everything breaks right, desperate dart throw" variety.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Sam Darnold for Goff owners 

I was gonna but Goff next two weeks vs ATL and CIN makes me hesitate

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mtx said:

Robby Anderson anyone??

Absolutely - and you might be able to get him cheap this week too given the upcoming NE matchup. Check out his rest of season schedule with Sam Darnold back on the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

I was gonna but Goff next two weeks vs ATL and CIN makes me hesitate

Such a tough situation.  I hate this guys guts right now and I want to just rage-hate-drop him.  But then I see @ATL, 32nd rank against QB, and now I don't know what to do.

21 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Such a tough situation.  I hate this guys guts right now and I want to just rage-hate-drop him.  But then I see @ATL, 32nd rank against QB, and now I don't know what to do.

I feel your pain. Hang tough, man. I'm sticking with him for next 2 weeks (@ATL, CIN). feel a bit relieved that i picked up darnold to stream with him thereafter. 

He's still got solid weapons around him and gotta figure rams should be able to handle avg/below avg defenses.

game screams shootout in the ATL- highest total on the board for week 8 (54). implied score as per vegas odds is rams 27-24 or 30-27ish.

Am I in the minority to think that creating a new thread just to see if "a b c x y z" player is worth a waiver claim is a bit too much? I mean it's still associated to WW talk no??

Back on topic..... NYJ schedule looks amazing 2nd half. But will most people even play Robby over their WR1/WR2s? Or we're just collecting bench points here?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted AC post.

6 minutes ago, mtx said:

Am I in the minority to think that creating a new thread just to see if "a b c x y z" player is worth a waiver claim is a bit too much? I mean it's still associated to WW talk no??

As stated in the notice at the top, "This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 7 of the 2019 NFL season."  It is not meant to be a thread for all things related to waivers, and, in particular, is not for questions about who you should pick up or how much FAAB / waiver priority you should be willing to give up for them.  Those are all questions that vary largely based on format, league depth, etc. and thus are Assistant Coach material.

If you'd like to discuss further, take it to the Fantasy Feedback forum, or PM us.

• Like 1

Pick up AB?

"The NFL investigation into Antonio Brown is expected to be resolved by the end of October, which could make the days leading up to the trade deadline even wilder than they are already expected to be."

N'Keal Harry

Can't play for two more games but can just stash him if you need Week 9 WR flyer for the bye.

• Haha 1

Dawesome Knox and/or Trey Burton. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed vent/rant

Alan Lazard.

Could and most likely will end up being nothing....Especially if Adams plays this week.

But....Allison has done a bunch of nothing all year.  MVS also hasn't really done much outside of the Broncos game.  Frankly, this offense could use a good perimeter option opposite Adams if you ask me.  Then bench Allison and move MVS to the slot where he played pretty well last year when Cobb was injured.  Allison seems like a weak link to me.

It's really mostly a deep league dart throw but to my eyes Lazard was pretty impressive last night and Adams didn't seem all that close to playing last night considering he didn't practice at all last week.