KB24MVP

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I didn't see the game but I wouldn't say 13/5/4 with 4 Steals outplays 10/7/11 with 1 steal. They both had good games and these lines seem to occur way less with Frank than with Elf.

I know Frank is almost 5 years younger, but 25 isn't old and Elf has shown what he is capable of doing. I think the Knicks should just give him the time and the possibility to be the trusted floor general (like a Rondo light) what he can be. Frank has shown nothing yet what would convince me to say "Yes that is the PG of the future for the team"

100% 13/5/4 with 4 steals >>>> 10/7/11 with 1 steal

41 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

100% 13/5/4 with 4 steals >>>> 10/7/11 with 1 steal

I'm confused on that honestly ... 

4 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

the 13/5/4 w/ 4 steals is a great line then the 10/7/11 w/ 1 steal.... what are u confused on?

The defense was good yes and he made a extra shot but 7 more assists is pretty strong plus a couple more rb but regardless in real life it would boil down to the plus or minus but in fantasy steals are harder to get but so is consistency.. I will take payton all day who triple doubles 5 games in a row last season...the confusion was just the >>>>> part of it like the lines were that much different 

• Like 1

It was Payton who led the 3rd quarter comeback. He had like 5-6 assists to end the 3rd quarter. Don’t let the stats fool you. Frank did his damage in the first half.

Edited by Cpxaztec

Funny how Frank tried to be aggressive in the 4Q by attempting to drive but when he couldn’t, he shot up a 3 instead...brick. Twice.

• Like 1

Bruh Frank's steals wasnt even him playing good Def...2 of them literally other team threw it to him. Just in the right spot. Did u even watch the game. Knicks are much better with payton. Dont just look at boxscore 

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

the 13/5/4 w/ 4 steals is a great line then the 10/7/11 w/ 1 steal.... what are u confused on?

• Like 1

Big difference between better fantasy line (4 steals takes Frank's line over the top) and better line from a team/play perspective. A block is worth about the same as 3.5 assists from a fantasy perspective, but I'm sure most teams would prefer their PGs have a higher assist number.

Most teams want their PGs running the offense efficiently, Payton is much better in that department.

• Like 2

At one point in the 4th, I saw Frank literally clap his hands like "give me the ball" from Randle.  Randle proceeded to give him the ball, he was just standing at the top of the circle.  Here I thought Frank would do something with it, all he does is give it to RJ and then clears out the right side to the opposite corner.  At which point RJ takes a 3-4 dribble iso 3, which bricks off the front rim.  I still don't know what frank was thinking calling for it like that only to give it to RJ for an ISO 3 lol. 

My point being, even in a really good game, he isn't a true PG that you want leading your team.  

Edited by clownsquad
  • Haha 2

Damn I missed the second foul call

Thought it was Barrett they have similar looks on the court lol

Edited by kilslo

The foul trouble led to DSJ playing well, and now DSJ's back on the court instead. wtf ew

Not reading too much into this game b/c Hawks and foul trouble. Still annoying that DSJ got back into the rotation b/c of the fouls, and still annoying that Payton is coming off the bench. If they're winning Miller will probably give this rotation approach some leash

12 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

Theyre not just winning, they're blowing them out 104-78 currently

Sure, I'm watching the game. I meant "winning" in terms of the past several games after Payton returned. Within that span, the Knicks had their first 2-game win streak of the season, and they also lost a 1-point game after Randle missed a free throw.