KB24MVP

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So you guys value him over guys like Favors, Troy Brown, Huerter etc?? Or is the hype train just running wild? ūüėÖ

I value Favors over him for sure. Elfrid gives you one strong category (assists), and possibly two other good categories (steals/TOs). Otherwise, everything else is mediocre.

Favors gives you strong FG% (one of the best FG anchors in the league), rebounds, good steals/blocks, and a sprinkle of points/assists from the C position. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

10 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

I value Favors over him for sure. Elfrid gives you one strong category (assists), and possibly two other good categories (steals/TOs). Otherwise, everything else is mediocre.

Favors gives you strong FG% (one of the best FG anchors in the league), rebounds, good steals/blocks, and a sprinkle of points/assists from the C position. 

Favors also¬†anchors you in INJs per game.ūü§£

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

Favors also¬†anchors you in INJs per game.ūü§£

Hahaha. On the real though, despite his injury prone label, he's played way more games than Elfrid the last two years. 

26 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So you guys value him over guys like Favors, Troy Brown, Huerter etc?? Or is the hype train just running wild? ūüėÖ

No hype train. Everyone knows Elfrid. Now he has opportunity. 

19 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

No hype train. Everyone knows Elfrid. Now he has opportunity. 

Well think i‚Äôm going to switch Hayward and Wall in the IR-spot¬†and then drop Wall for Payton. Thanks ūüôĆūüŹľ

Edited by Brandayz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Depends what your team needs and what you are punting. I’m loaded at the big spot and actually had favors and dropped him for the Elf because I needed more assists. Got to understand what your strengths and weaknesses are in relation to your league.

Realistically Elf will get you 8-6-9 and 1.5 steals. His value comes on teams without distributors. Randle can’t be trusted in that role and neither can RJ. Don’t get me started on the backup point guards DSJ and Nitilkina. Therefore you’re left with Elf who is a selfless distributor. All he has to do is stay healthy - ride him until the wheels come off.

Edited by Boomdizzle88
  • Like 1

Elf value will only go up when Randle, Morris, Portis are potentially shipped out. And hopefully DSJ and Frank are moved too lol

• Haha 1

Elf season is upon us boys , sit back and enjoy the ride 

That was a great 3rd quarter for the Knicks led by Elf

He was orchestrating and being aggressive on offense and played disciplined defense on Dinwiddie

Not the greatest box score by him but wins like this only helps solidify his spot furthermore 

25 minutes ago, Quazza said:

They really are soooo much better with him in charge

Honestly not a high bar, but he's not a bad PG at all.  I'd say he has grown into a mid tier type of PG.  The rest of the Knicks PGs are not even NBA quality PGs.  Neither in PG skills or NBA skills.  I like Ntikilina too.  It's too bad I don't think he was taught the game properly at a younger age. 

4 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Honestly not a high bar, but he's not a bad PG at all.  I'd say he has grown into a mid tier type of PG.  The rest of the Knicks PGs are not even NBA quality PGs.  Neither in PG skills or NBA skills.  I like Ntikilina too.  It's too bad I don't think he was taught the game properly at a younger age. 

He's definitely not mid-tier ūüėā. I call Fox, Bledsoe, Brogdon etc mid-tier. He's more in the low to low-low tier. But has the potential to be¬†good for fantasy.¬†

BTW are you guys sure Knicks are selling?  If so is there a potential Elf Randle pick and roll thing going that's going to sky rocket his ast?

46 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

BTW are you guys sure Knicks are selling?  If so is there a potential Elf Randle pick and roll thing going that's going to sky rocket his ast?

"Going to"? He's already averaging 7.5 over the last couple weeks, that's pretty damn good

Can't say there is much pick-and-roll in the Knicks offense. There is a lot more isolation. The Knicks are running the same system as they did when Ntilikina ran the point. Watch the games. Don't assume that there will be this dynamic duo of Payton and Randle running pick-and-rolls all day and night. Last night was a prime example. 30+ points for Randle and only 4 assists for Payton? 

Payton is miles ahead of Ntilikina when it comes to running the point. His confidence and his aggressiveness are the big differences. I actually hope that the Knicks trade Randle and Morris at some point so we can see Payton being absolutely unleashed. 

1 hour ago, lipperskoal said:

Can't say there is much pick-and-roll in the Knicks offense. There is a lot more isolation. The Knicks are running the same system as they did when Ntilikina ran the point. Watch the games. Don't assume that there will be this dynamic duo of Payton and Randle running pick-and-rolls all day and night. Last night was a prime example. 30+ points for Randle and only 4 assists for Payton? 

Payton is miles ahead of Ntilikina when it comes to running the point. His confidence and his aggressiveness are the big differences. I actually hope that the Knicks trade Randle and Morris at some point so we can see Payton being absolutely unleashed. 

Yeah I am not sure what he's talking about with PnR with Randle. Randle just isos at the top of the key most of the time. Elf runs PnR with Mitch Rob though. Lobs to him are a key source of his assists. Can't wait for Randle to get shipped out (ideally for a shooter) and Mitch to come into the starting lineup. 

Wow this guy is trash.  Going against the most banged up team in the NBA right now and this is what we get?  Lol.  Nope.

• Like 1

Seems Gary Payton's son is better than this payton in fantasy,lol

Well the shooting sucked but the assists and 2 blocks were nice. 

Knicks are playing MUCH better now with Elf in charge. 

59 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Pls play today 

Hi I'm Elfrid Payton

Because you asked nicely I will play today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1