KB24MVP

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

Didn’t see the game last night, how was the split between him and the other PGs this time?

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

Didn’t see the game last night, how was the split between him and the other PGs this time?

He took the lions share. Kept him out there with Tier at one point. He looked very good.

very tempting to drop eric gordon for this dude. but still won't bite knowing fiz is a cancer

Steals are probably unsustainable, but he's getting 30 a night and DSJ/Ntilikina aren't playing any better (or at least taking any minutes away).

4 games this week against mediocre/awful defensive teams, so he'll be a nice streamer at least.

Not sure about you guys, but I find Knicks players one of the hardest to own. Had a roller coaster ride with Trier and DSJ last year and it wasnt great

I agree I manage to find ROBINSON on ww just in time for my finals in the playoffs and it pretty much came down to rebounds for my cats... literally last week Deandre told the coach to let the kid place... and man i luckily snuck a win for fantasy cause of that.

Anywhoo Elfrid PAyton is on my waiver... he was such a beast towards the end of NO season... wish i was able to take my flier on him, but like all of you I just don't trust that rotation.

Damn man, can this dude get the INJ tag already? Fitz already said he's gonna miss at least the next 2 games

Edited by claptondecheeks

Thought on when he comes back? I know the lineup thing is messed up but those steals were there and the threes too.

5 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Thought on when he comes back? I know the lineup thing is messed up but those steals were there and the threes too.

I stashed him for awhile, but ultimately gave up. NY really is just a headache, your better off just trying to stream. 

Fizdale....DSJ coming back...Frank Nik been playing better lately....just too many instabilities. It’s a headache when he’s healthy, wouldn’t even wanna waste any time or roster space stashing 

Edited by IDatDude

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

I stashed him for awhile, but ultimately gave up. NY really is just a headache, your better off just trying to stream. 

Fizdale....DSJ coming back...Frank Nik been playing better lately....just too many instabilities. It’s a headache when he’s healthy, wouldn’t even wanna waste any time or roster space stashing 

IDK man, I have faith in Elfrid. It's not like he's too old for the stage they're at right now and he's giving them way more assists and steals than anybody else on the roster. That works out best for what they're trying to do, which is to foster the growth of Barrett Knox Mitchell and Randle.

DSJ is a threat too but he isn't that great.

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

That works out best for what they're trying to do, which is to foster the growth of Barrett Knox Mitchell and Randle

No one knows what Fiz is doing tho

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

IDK man, I have faith in Elfrid. It's not like he's too old for the stage they're at right now and he's giving them way more assists and steals than anybody else on the roster. That works out best for what they're trying to do, which is to foster the growth of Barrett Knox Mitchell and Randle.

DSJ is a threat too but he isn't that great.

Any other coach/team I don’t mind a flyer...I just wouldn’t be stashing or holding while he’s injured.

He needs about 25 mins to have decent value to hold in standard leagues I think, with the Knicks I truly question if he’s going to consistently get this.

Hes avail in most WW in my 12 teamers. 

1 minute ago, Abhi said:

No one knows what Fiz is doing tho

That is true. I guess I'm just hanging onto the fact that he played Mudiay and Vonleh a ton of minutes earlier in the year until it was clear that the playoffs were out of reach and/or the trade for De'Andre Jordan and DSJ. I think they were top-70ish and top-40ish, respectively, in my points league for a long period of time.

Just now, IDatDude said:

Any other coach/team I don’t mind a flyer...I just wouldn’t be stashing or holding while he’s injured.

He needs about 25 mins to have decent value to hold in standard leagues I think, with the Knicks I truly question if he’s going to consistently get this.

Hes avail in most WW in my 12 teamers. 

It's not like Elfrid had no choice in going there. I'm sure promises have been made. Either way, it's worth it for me bc my league is deep with a lot of roster spots and 2 IL spots. He's way better than anything else on the wire (I think the best guys on the wire rn are George Hill and Bacon. Yuck.

• Haha 1

elfrid Payton is such a beast .. dude when on a 3 game TD before seasons end last year ... so you know he can produce at a high level. He was dropped on my ww..  waiting to see if I can scoop and stash .

When is he supposed to be back? I find information from probable after the road trip to a few more weeks 

2 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

When is he supposed to be back? I find information from probable after the road trip to a few more weeks 

I think possibly within the next two games

Anyone think his assists numbers will go back up once he gets back?  Not sure what kind of offense the Knicks are running, but his assists are his lowest, like since he cut his hair and beyond.  Latest update says he'll be evaluated in another 10 days, from November 19th, so that sucks.  At least he's sitting on the IL slot.  Nothing else out there is going to give you those assists and steals. 

Lucky for you guys, you have an IL. I’m in a 14t Roto w/ no IL 😭 

I think he’s experienced enough to create plays without having to go through their motion offense at times. The assist numbers aren’t going to be there because of Fizdale’s half-court offensive scheme. Idk. We’ll see. 

I'm back on the train, I guess. Frank is starting to look good out there, but Payton will get the respect from Fiz hopefully. I feel like he'd be a really good stash.

Edited by MysticPeak

16 hours ago, mchspd3 said:

He has not as progressed as they would of liked and will be evaluated at the end of the month.

I guess they’re keeping this elf on the shelf for now.

• Haha 1