KB24MVP

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

I think Fiz has committed to Frankie Smokes. I don't see why he would start to feature Elf over him at all. Elf will get his time, but not going to be able to get enough minutes to be real factor. And what is up with him and hamstring injuries. Basically every season he loses few months to these... Drop City all around.

I don't even know who to drop for this guy anymore (recently dropped after stashing since 1st week of Nov.). 

Edited by MysticPeak

6 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Finally! He was doing pretty well to start the season and I don't think DSJ and Ntikilina have done anything to guarantee them the starting spot for the rest of the season. 

I've had him stashed on IR. I don't have high expectations. But Ntilikina and DSJ have looked brutally bad, so this opportunity might as well be handed to Payton. Worth a flier to see how it pans out, especially since in his best seasons, Payton was a decent fantasy contributor. But seriously, Knicks are a dumpster fire, so don't have high hopes

As a Knicks fan, he is my last hope. Frank and DSJ are just not good. I think Elfrid can actually play, if the stupid coach would give him a shot and stick with one rotation. 

Payton

Barrett

Randle

M Robinson

and...Portis? Trier? Knox? Not sure who the 5th starter should be. Maybe Frank N actually. But Payton is the PG. 

Picked up Payton as well. I have a punt assist build, but if he pans out, I can use him as trade chip later. I honestly thought DSJ would be the PG to own for the Knicks, but he sucks ever since being traded from Dallas. That's not to say it's completely his fault, but probably because Fiz is a s--- coach. 

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

He's playing today, right?

Nothing confirmed yet, but hopefully yes

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Huk said:

Nothing confirmed yet, but hopefully yes

He's questionable but I say it's maybe likely? I thought there was a good chance he could've played Monday so hopefully 🤞🏼

definitely worth a speculative add.. dude had consecutive games towards the end of last season with Triple doubles... I'll keep an eye but I'm sure he'll be on some sort of restriction for the first few games

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

definitely worth a speculative add.. dude had consecutive games towards the end of last season with Triple doubles... I'll keep an eye but I'm sure he'll be on some sort of restriction for the first few games

It's the Knicks bro, it would not surprise me if they rode him hard his first game back lol

2 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I noticed the same thing, I also took the plunge. There's so many players in a 10 team, guy got ticked and dropped Blake, he did well for me last night. 

46 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Nah, 48 minutes.

35 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

It’s Fizdale.

It being the LOLKNICKS, both of these are equally likely

If Frank had more freedom in the offense, he'd be the better PG, IMO. Can't wait to see what his floor will be like with Fizdale's job on the line.

1 minute ago, CheeseUgly said:

What do we think about Payton with Fizdale gone? He must keep in rotation more?

The million dollar question. Even with Fizdale gone it is still on the surface a three headed point guard situation, but Payton is the more accomplished and imo better of the three. For Ntilikina Stans, yes, Payton is better right now.

Scooping up and sitting on the bench just to watch how it plays out is not a bad idea. I might do that myself....

• Thanks 1