Sign in to follow this  
CharlesHustle

Mixon for Gallup?

PPR, must win over the next 3-4 weeks to stay in it

Give Mixon get Gallup

I have other RB to cover me there but could use a steady PPR guy to help me out

I’d pull the trigger. Mixon is dead weight right now IMO, and Gallup you are getting at buy low value after yesterday. Guy has all the talent in the world and cooper is banged up. Juicy matchups against philly and giants the next three weeks as well. 

Yes do it.  Cooper is hurt and good matchups ahead.  Cincy has a weak OL and usually play from behind.  Plus you’re covered in rb.

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Mixon. He has been buy low for weeks, and I'll bet you that window is closing soon.

Lol he has been garbage all season just like his entire team. What exactly leads you to believe it’s gonns change 

If you're trading Mixon you should be able to do better than Gallup. Maybe target another 1st / 2nd round WR who's under performing like Beckham? I personally wouldn't sell him for less than a low end #1 WR. 

Can you help with mine? 

41 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah I would keep mixon, hes been pretty bad, but hes still a solid RB2 and gallup is a WR2, ties go to the RB.

He really isn’t though lol. Ronald jones, Royce freeman, duke johnson, Miles Sanders, frank gore..... these are some names with more points then him on the year 

Just now, Nyblazer11235 said:

He really isn’t though lol. Ronald jones, Royce freeman, duke johnson, Miles Sanders, frank gore..... these are some names with more points then him on the year 

It doesn't matter what Mixon HAS done...it matter what he will do. Things should improve a bit once Green comes back. Selling low on a 1st/2nd round player is never a good strategy. He's better off hoping he gets better then trading for a unreliable week to week player like Gallup. Also, you're literally the only one telling him to make this trade. 

2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

It doesn't matter what Mixon HAS done...it matter what he will do. Things should improve a bit once Green comes back. Selling low on a 1st/2nd round player is never a good strategy. He's better off hoping he gets better then trading for a unreliable week to week player like Gallup. Also, you're literally the only one telling him to make this trade. 

How exactly is Gallup unreliable? He’s had one bad week, which is the average week for Mixon, coupled with three very good weeks. He’s on a better team with a solid offense. He might end up being the de facto number 1 Wr with cooper injured.

Mixon has done absolutely nothing. Their o line is trash, he couldn’t even put up big numbers against arizona. You think Green is really gonna make that much of a difference? How’s his blocking? 

Mixon is not a rb1 nor even an rb2. He’s in that rb3/flex tier whereas Gallup is a wr2 with upside for more. 

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

How exactly is Gallup unreliable? He’s had one bad week, which is the average week for Mixon, coupled with three very good weeks. He’s on a better team with a solid offense. He might end up being the de facto number 1 Wr with cooper injured.

Mixon has done absolutely nothing. Their o line is trash, he couldn’t even put up big numbers against arizona. You think Green is really gonna make that much of a difference? How’s his blocking? 

Mixon is not a rb1 nor even an rb2. He’s in that rb3/flex tier whereas Gallup is a wr2 with upside for more. 

You have no idea how much time Toomer will miss. If it's a significant amount and Gallup is elevated to the #1 WR then I agree his value (and reliability) should increase. You also have to factor in a regression for Prescott. He's not this good. 

Mixon's floor is a flex play, but his ceiling is much higher. Like I said, I'm not giving up a player I drafted in the 2nd round after 1/4 of the season. 

Except Mixons floor isn’t even a flex play. It’s garbage. He’s had two weeks where he put up flex worthy numbers. Every other week trash. Gallup already has two weeks better then anything mixon has done this year, while missing two games. Gallup has more points on the season thus far while missing time as well 

19 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Except Mixons floor isn’t even a flex play. It’s garbage. He’s had two weeks where he put up flex worthy numbers. Every other week trash. Gallup already has two weeks better then anything mixon has done this year, while missing two games. Gallup has more points on the season thus far while missing time as well 

It sounds like you really want Gallup & if you are good at RB, then go with your gut & make the trade. Things like this can go either way. If Cooper is out for a few weeks, Gallup becomes the #1, but also then gets covered by better CB's. Not saying he can't beat them, but it comes with being the #1 WR of an offense. Mixon is too talented to struggle like this all season, but definitely needs the o-line to clean things up & Dalton to get him more involved in the passing game. I think once AJG returns, it helps both Boyd & Mixon out. Will the put up better #'s than Gallup ros? That is the big debate, so as stated, go with your gut. Good luck!

47 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

He finished 1st in the AFC and 4th in the entire NFL in rushing yards last year, despite missing 2 games. He did that behind, and I think unanimously we agree, one of the worst offensive lines in the nfl last year. Mixon is a talented back, and in fantasy, if every good back that played for a crappy oline team was considered "dead weight", then Le'Veon Bell would be a free agent. Mixon is still a solid RB2. The reason the points are low is obvious - the team can't get him close to the end zone. He is still averaging decent numbers regardless, and the Cincy offense is clearly shifting the focus from Green to Mixon. 

Your argument on "Mixon is dead weight" is 20/20 hindsight. It's easy to look at what a player has done so far and just regurgitate numbers. People were saying that John Ross and Demarcus Robinson were studs thru the first two weeks. Now look. I don't own Mixon in any league, but I certainly wouldn't mind owning him. He is a proven solid back, and I have no doubt that he can produce...he's done it before and there really is no evidence to suggest that he is incapable of doing it again.