Sign in to follow this  
nmartinez12443

Is this cheating? WHIR 100% with link.

So I did not have a kicker and planned to pick up one from the Sunday night game or Monday night game (prater, mcglauhin, or boswell). At 3:33, 3 different teams picked up a kicker at the same time. I now have no kicker. They admitted to working together to block me from getting for 2 reasons.

1. We play in yahoo and have unlimited pick ups, I often pick up handcuffs and drop them while leaving my kicker or defense open. 

2. I am a HUGE trash talker and not liked by these people.

I am pretty sure colluding with others and preventing other teams from filling their lineup is cheating, but the commissioner is asking me what he can even do about it?

The buy is 125 and I have been in the league for 10 years and was in first. I am close to targeting these teams and trading away my best players to their opponents at opportune times. 

Well you trash talk and you probably pick up the handcuffs before they can so they get mad. Hahaha.  Nothing you can do as it’s not cheating, you made the decision to not run a kicker or defense to begin with. Plan your next weeks as if they are colluding against you and you will stay ahead. Good luck

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I am pretty sure colluding with others and preventing other teams from filling their lineup is cheating, but the commissioner is asking me what he can even do about it?

Lol welcome to fantasy sports. Maybe next time be careful who you trash talk/make more friends lol

Collusion is owners conspiring against the league to give themselves an unfair advantage. You had every chance to get yourself a kicker. 

Not collusion and if I was the commish you made a series of unfair trades just to try and undermine the teams who bested you I'd kick you out of the league. 

• Like 1

It's not cheating.  It may be "collusion," but it's not illegal collusion.  Look at it this way, in my Rotoworld Dynasty League last season my team was out of playoff contention going into the last week and one of my lineup spots was open.  Another team who needed me to win reminded me to fill the spot.  Were we "colluding?"  I don't know, maybe, but it certainly wasn't illegal collusion.  I look at it the same way: if one guy tells two others "you know if we all claim a kicker then the D-bag trash talker loses this week," I don't really see the problem.

When you play the game of streaming kickers, you win or you die.

Consider yourself lucky that it was week 6 and not week 15.

3 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

So I did not have a kicker and planned to pick up one from the Sunday night game or Monday night game (prater, mcglauhin, or boswell). At 3:33, 3 different teams picked up a kicker at the same time. I now have no kicker. They admitted to working together to block me from getting for 2 reasons.

1. We play in yahoo and have unlimited pick ups, I often pick up handcuffs and drop them while leaving my kicker or defense open. 

2. I am a HUGE trash talker and not liked by these people.

The buy is 125 and I have been in the league for 10 years and was in first. I am close to targeting these teams and trading away my best players to their opponents at opportune times. 

My advice is get away from Yahoo fantasy sports. It's been one of the weakest since day one. They have the flakiest WW of almost everyone. You are refering to roster stuffing and them colluded to stop you. Find a site where roster are forced to be maintained full. in other words you can't have have empty position like K or D/ST. The site forces you to maintain all position filled. It's not fair what you do and it's not right what they did. I don't see how anyone thinks it fun to play keep away from each other. 

3 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

So I did not have a kicker and planned to pick up one from the Sunday night game or Monday night game. I often pick up handcuffs and drop them while leaving my kicker or defense open. I am a HUGE trash talker and not liked by these people.

You pretty much answered your own question. You obviously have made enemies. You exposed yourself to this risk by looking for a lotto ticket at the expense of your kicker or defense.