johnnymills1

Dennis Smith Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

I did not see a thread on this guy. I am personally not too high on him, but I would just like to cover my a** and possibly target him late in the draft. What is everyone's thinking on this guy? Will he be a starter or at least get quality minutes? 

Tough to say on the Knicks. I picked him last on my H2H draft, but just waived him today for Cody Zeller, before the season starts. He hasn’t played any pre season games. I could see him breaking out this season and putting up D.Fox type numbers but I can also see him failing on this Knicks squad. You never know who is going to play PG between Trier, Payton, Smith and Frank N. There are plenty of players with upside to put up similar stats. 

3 hours ago, johnnymills1 said:

I did not see a thread on this guy. I am personally not too high on him, but I would just like to cover my a** and possibly target him late in the draft. What is everyone's thinking on this guy? Will he be a starter or at least get quality minutes? 

Knicks suck and a lot of people are saying Payton is competing for his starting job.  If Smith starts and gets 30+ minutes he could be a decent low tier pick.  He's still pretty young, so it's not like he's at his prime.  You could do worse where he's currently being drafted.  

Jesus Christ. I’m not dealing with a year of this fizdale bs. Goodbye Dennis.

7 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Jesus Christ. I’m not dealing with a year of this fizdale bs. Goodbye Dennis.

Elfrid Payton making DSJ and Trier (lol) and Ntinlika (lol) forgettable. 

30 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Elfrid Payton making DSJ and Trier (lol) and Ntinlika (lol) forgettable. 

Hey I’ll gladly scoop Elf. I said in another thread I kinda hoped that would happen cus he gets way better stats hehe

2 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Hey I’ll gladly scoop Elf. I said in another thread I kinda hoped that would happen cus he gets way better stats hehe

I took him with my 2nd-to-last pick in a 14 team league and Jabari Parker with my last pick. We'll see if my second gamble pays off.

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I took him with my 2nd-to-last pick in a 14 team league and Jabari Parker with my last pick. We'll see if my second gamble pays off.

I’d think it would. I considered him heavily. I think he’ll have a bounce back year I mean he was a number 2 pick. 

Just now, Portis4Potus said:

I’d think it would. I considered him heavily. I think he’ll have a bounce back year I mean he was a number 2 pick. 

Me too man. ATL has a very shallow bench so he should have plenty of opportunities. He's put up stats when he gets opportunities. 

does this man still have a chance? im holding him in my IL but i have DLo in INJ tag too. He's gonna be back on a few days but Payton will be too

4 minutes ago, hoopking said:

does this man still have a chance? im holding him in my IL but i have DLo in INJ tag too. He's gonna be back on a few days but Payton will be too

14t roto and he's left on the wire for weeks now.

LOl poor frank man... f--- this coach.. LOL i'm the same though I have DSJ on my watchlist... Granted I stashed payton.. I just hope they boot fiz sooner rather than later.

If the Knicks really want to push the pace, they need to give DSJ more minutes regardless.  Ntilikina is molasses when it comes to this.