Trench Mob

Jarrett Allen 2019-2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

13th in the league in WS (2.2)

22nd in the league in PER (22.2)

1st in the league in FG% (.683) (this will drop to about .677 after today's game)

contests more shots in any other player in the game except for Brook Lopez (15.7 per game)

and ranks within the Top 20 in WAR (1.8), which is a new stat provided by FiveThirtyEight, based on their new RAPTOR stats.

some of these stats will get better after today's solid 14-11 1stl 1blk line.

The kid is one of the few C's in the league who can switch against opponent guards, contest shots at the perimeter, and follow them to the paint.

This kid is one of the prime screeners in this game and already shows some promise in his PnR game (although, he could be massively better if he develops a mid-range)

This kid is already one of the prime rim protectors in this league.

And the kid is still 21. 

Nice to see the kid getting out of his early-season slump and beasting. As a Nets fan, I hope he has a long, productive career.

Thank you for doing the leg work. He's got massive potential and this shows he's gonna be a top defender in the league. 

I wonder if he could be had for fair or under value from a team drafting allen and not punting ft%. he has the 2nd worst ft% volume only behind Giannis. if you have a punt ft build and the allen owner doesn't this looks like a prime trade target.

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

I wonder if he could be had for fair or under value from a team drafting allen and not punting ft%. he has the 2nd worst ft% volume only behind Giannis. if you have a punt ft build and the allen owner doesn't this looks like a prime trade target.

Exactly..How many players are perfect in all categories? I'd like a list for my imaginary team. 

5 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

Exactly..How many players are perfect in all categories? I'd like a list for my imaginary team. 

? he was drafted as non punt ft big. if you built a team that way then allen is really hurting ur team and his value and fit doesn't work. 

16 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

Towns? AD if you count out his injury proneness.

Anyway regarding Allen, last season he was at 70% on 3.5 attempts. I'm still bullish he can somehow go back to that range.

increased min/workload/ft attempts = more energy= worse ft%. see bam.

small sample size but in the 3 games he came off the bench this year in 22 min he shot 78% on 3 att vs 27+ min 54% on 4.8 attempts

2nd half (23 games) shot 64% on just under 4 attempts.

declining ft% 3 years in a row. not a lot of sign pointing towards a correction. I personally wouldn't expect his ft% to increase.

Edited by colepenhagen

8 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

? he was drafted as non punt ft big. if you built a team that way then allen is really hurting ur team and his value and fit doesn't work. 

This is absolutely true. It's the reason I practically gave away Barrett in a 2 for 2 trade, and will soon be shopping Allen.

Bought low on this dude right before his string of huge games. Looks like he should be beasting from here on in. Not sure how his numbers will shake up once kyrie and levert are back but it's not like he's a usage monster anyway. Just needs to dunk lobs, get boards and block shots. 

• Like 1

Aside from the usual suspects: Luka, LBJ...

This guy have been my proudest pick by far. Unbelievably consistent. And most reliable big. 

Keep doing your beastly things. 

12 hours ago, ginocan said:

Aside from the usual suspects: Luka, LBJ...

This guy have been my proudest pick by far. Unbelievably consistent. And most reliable big. 

Keep doing your beastly things. 

most reliable big? lmfao thats bias 100% lol

18 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

most reliable big? lmfao thats bias 100% lol

I think he was saying in the context of his team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

Sell high or?

I would not. 

But then again, depending on who are you going to get in return. 

But I don’t think he is a sell high candidate. Barring any injuries, I think he will put up numbers all season. Might even be more once they give him more minutes. I think he is a hold for sure. 

13 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats still not a great thing to say lol.... if allens ur most consistent guy

He said Allen is his most reliable big. If you re-read his post he has Luka and LBJ so obviously Allen is not his most consistent guy. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats still not a great thing to say lol.... if allens ur most consistent guy

Reading is fundamental 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Reading is fundamental 

i suppose, but can you not read the part where hes his proudest pick? over luka? please gtfo lol

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

4 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i suppose, but can you not read the part where hes his proudest pick? over luka? please gtfo lol

Lol. Dude he said ASIDE from Luka and LBJ, Allen is his proudest pick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1