thusanaysayer

Marquese Chriss 2019-2020 Outlook

Phew. I wonder if he can be more productive down the stretch than PJ Wash. Chriss has looked promising yet very disappointing for many a season now, but might just be righting the ship at last?

• Like 1

Poor mans wood? ūü§£ very happy. Was nervous about how he‚Äôd go against lakers but if he can do that against them must be massive confidence boost

Yo Kerr I’m gonna knock you out bro put him back in the game 

Just now, Flamez said:

Yo Kerr I’m gonna knock you out bro put him back in the game 

Why he is not getting 30mins. C'mon Kerr!

Chriss completely changed his game on the Warriors. Dude used to be one of my least favorite players in the league and now I think he has a nice role carved out for him in the future. Great job by GSW front office. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Sustainable when looney / draymond play ?

Today's numbers inflated without Dray. 

Looney isn't a concern Imo.

Dray will be shut down at some stage.

Chriss was putting up top 60 numbers with Draymond playing. 

• Like 1

I think he finally found his groove. Draymond played this game too.. 

2 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Wood who? 

I got both in my two money leagues¬†ūüėé

Edited by Lifschitz

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

I got both in my two money leagues¬†ūüėé

Must be nice assshole 

This dude is waaayyyy better already than I basically ever thought he would be. Having watched every game of his this season now, he passes the eye test, which I never thought I'd say about the kid. Good on him 

Side note - pretty crazy he cleared waivers 

i hate how past season bias PTSD stops me from picking up players after being burned consistently and having a bad taste in my mouth. believe he's in the best situation now for playing time and only thing stopping him is himself.

5 minutes ago, Quazza said:

This dude is waaayyyy better already than I basically ever thought he would be. Having watched every game of his this season now, he passes the eye test, which I never thought I'd say about the kid. Good on him 

Side note - pretty crazy he cleared waivers 

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i hate how past season bias PTSD stops me from picking up players after being burned consistently and having a bad taste in my mouth. believe he's in the best situation now for playing time and only thing stopping him is himself.

For the first quote: he really does. I've been watching the games and highlights, his IQ is just so much better than it was a few years ago. Kerr said he's worked really closely with him to make him better, and it shows. He understands his position/screen rolling and the way the Warriors want him to dive on plays to set up lobs. He plays within himself now, very different from the Suns where he would chuck shots and roam around doing nothing. He's a lot more engaged/active in plays. 

Watching him defensively is also a marvel, he communicates a lot, he's constantly telling Warriors players where to go, he's directing them, and he makes some insane highlight reel blocks on what look like wide open layups, very good recovery skills and very quick off the ground.

It's just night and day.

For the second quote: Age and team fit is everything. It's why I had to convince people so hard Wood is a good player, and earlier this season I spent a lot of time in this thread telling people Chriss looks really good this year to no avail. He's 2 years younger than KAT, he came in with some major red flags about his maturity, and now he's got a coach who has helped him work through that, plus he's been humbled by being out of the league.

Not bad at all:

NcZtXGY.png 

He has a higher ceiling for assists too, I see him make some really sick passes some times. If Draymond gets shut down, maybe they'll run the ball through him more for high post passes. Nice to see him also attempt threes in each of the last 3 games. If he does that regularly he could be a low end 1/1/1 guy with big time blocks and a strong FG% impact since he dunks a lot more on the Warriors rather than take jumpshots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

Exactly why I am hesitant to grab him. 2 seasons ago there was so much hype and he burned a lot of people. GS is obviously a much better system for him. I will give him a look and hope for the best

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Exactly why I am hesitant to grab him. 2 seasons ago there was so much hype and he burned a lot of people. GS is obviously a much better system for him. I will give him a look and hope for the best

He should have been scooped up already... Dude is killin' it with this new opportunity . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

He should have been scooped up already... Dude is killin' it with this new opportunity . 

For sure I grabbed him. Can't miss out like i did on Wood. Good %, boards and stocks he is must own. Looking forward to the Suns revenge game tomorrow

14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Cost is always the most important factor in fantasy. Chriss probably costed a nice mid round pick 2 years ago, but he was free this year as a free agent. Never hurts to burn a free FA add to see what happens with players like Chriss

• Like 2

For the first time a FA player didn't turn to garbage when i picked them up on a mini hot streak i hope he can keep this up though he certainly does have the athleticism and more opportunity since spellman is out of town.

Still upset I missed out on this stud, fits the build perfectly  

Edited by taenggg