COBBLEPOT

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

If you're looking for a similar player stat wise who isn't as much of a headache with the FG%, Dorian Finney Smith makes a lot of sense. He has SF / PF elig and has really upticked his 3 point volume recently (though Porzingis is out). He also gets a similar amount of steals/blocks, and a heavy dose of minutes. He's low usage, but the stat-set is the same with much better FG.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

Of course the SECOND I drop him, this is what he does.  Is there some sort of curse on me?  I held him through an entire month of 27% fg shooting and no other stats.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Of course the SECOND I drop him, this is what he does.  Is there some sort of curse on me?  I held him through an entire month of 27% fg shooting and no other stats.  

Thank you for your sacrifice

• Haha 1

this is the line of his life .. lol

I kept him even through all the bad times, hopefully he fixes his atrocious shooting. I took a screenshot the other day for a friend, since Dec 9. he's hit anywhere from 10% to 30% in 12 out of 14 games. It might be the worst stretch of any such shooting on such high volume in league history. He hit 10% to 18% in 4 of those games. 

I have no idea what happened to this guy, in late November at least  40% - 45% was respectable, this downfall is just disgusting. It's not like he's taking a bunch of contested shots either, I've seen him just brick wide open shot after wide open shot.

Any way here's to hoping it's somehow corrected, but don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

1 hour ago, hoop said:

Thank you for your sacrifice

I dropped him right before this game too. It took 2 sacrifices! Had him all season too...

Edited by jrmintz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomy said:

Drop him ... and he did good match...

He will be 3/10 fg next game,he is very inconsistent

• Like 1

I kept Prince on my bench for like five straight games. Then I trotted him out on Monday, reasoning he was overdue for a decent shooting night. He shot .182%.

Naturally he was back on my bench Tuesday when he finally delivered a good line. Will continue to hold, though a little concerned that LeVert's return will cut into Prince's opportunities.

Live by thy brick, die by thy brick, thy Brick Lord giveth and taketh away without mercy

Yeah he's pretty torturous to own, but in a deep 12 or 14 teamer you've gotta just set it and forget it — and ride the narrative that he's due for some pretty massive FG% regression. At least the minutes (30.0), boards (~7.5), threes (~2.1) and steals (~1.0) are there no matter what.

Yea hard to find a guy on WW who can approach 2.5 3's and 7 boards with a steal per game even if the FG% can get ugly

• Like 1

I don't know why the nets even play this guy anymore. His been a TO and bricking machine. I bet they would win more games if they benched him.