COBBLEPOT

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

55 minutes ago, BigTime3 said:

Yep. Very confident. From experience, ESPN are usually slow

they've added a few recently (both Horford and Lord got PF)

If Prince starts at PF, it should come pretty quick

What's the concern about him getting a PF tag? He's got shocking numbers for a PF. Don't see why you would want to plug him in there.

8 minutes ago, ROTY said:

What's the concern about him getting a PF tag? He's got shocking numbers for a PF. Don't see why you would want to plug him in there.

Roster flexibility, maybe you got a bunch of wings on your squad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTime3 said:

I get multipositions are nice, I'm just saying his stats suck for the 4 position

Yeah similar numbers to Gary Harris. maybe he'll board better in the regular season when the games matter

Edited by BigTime3

I honestly hope he can just develop into a TJ Warren-like forward. His numbers are already close, just be more efficient and just maybe 1/1

13 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I honestly hope he can just develop into a TJ Warren-like forward. His numbers are already close, just be more efficient and just maybe 1/1

Warren is a much better slasher/scorer (Pts/FG%) so I don't see him improving as much there.

However, Prince does have potential to improve in Rbs/Stl/Blks as he's been better in the past (especially 2016/17 albeit in limited mins) which can buoy his value.

Prince Per 36:

/36m  Blocks     Rbs      Stl

'18     0.4           4.6       1.2        

'17     0.6           5.7       1.2

'16     1              5.6       1.5               * This was in a more limited 17m/game role

Ranked 97 in '17 with 30 mins/gm on avgs of 14.1/4.7/2.6,  2.1 3s, 1 steal, 0.5 blks 42.6%/84.4% 2.3tos.

I expect a similar line with hopefully a higher FG% (improved every year and was over 44% last year) with great spacing in Bklyn which can get him into the top 90.

6 hours ago, ROTY said:

6 hours ago, BigTime3 said:

Or a team with a bunch of Cs without PF designations. I ended up with a team with J-Val, WCJr, Adams, Capela, & Dedmon, but Capela is my only big with PF eligibility. I have enough big man stats, I just need another guy to plug in at PF, no matter what the stats are. 

Don't see it as shocking #s at all, Harrison Barnes, Saric, Marcus Morris, and Cedi will probably profile similarly and also have PF eligibility. Pts and 3s are the hope here. 

• Like 1

He's looking good. Hitting his shots, getting rebounds and most importantly leading the team in minutes right now. Dare I say we might get the Prince we saw in the latter half of 17/18?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He's looking good. Hitting his shots, getting rebounds and most importantly leading the team in minutes right now. Dare I say we might get the Prince we saw in the latter half of 17/18?

Mins will be there, hopefully production too 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:11 AM, ROTY said:

I get multipositions are nice, I'm just saying his stats suck for the 4 position

What's your reasoning for that? 

Pretty underrated.

Nice line last night, but the most important stat was 0 turnovers. He's strictly gonna be a finisher/shooter with Kyrie and Caris running the show this year sans KD. He also led the team in minutes, got his 2 steals and shot 2/5 in threes. 

What's not to like? Who's the guy saying he sucks for a PF? Maybe for your team where you need prototypical stats by position? That seems dumb.

7 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

Breakout year? Someone dropped him last night and wondering if he's worth picking up.

be7.gif

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

Breakout year? Someone dropped him last night and wondering if he's worth picking up.

They sure picked an odd time to drop him. After a double -double and he led the team in minutes?

10 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

They sure picked an odd time to drop him. After a double -double and he led the team in minutes?

They dropped him before the game started to make room for PJ Washington since he was going off for the hornets.

I'm second on the waver wire order. Should i wait to see if he clears wavers or would you guys use it on him?

3 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

They dropped him before the game started to make room for PJ Washington since he was going off for the hornets.

I'm second on the waver wire order. Should i wait to see if he clears wavers or would you guys use it on him?

41 mins... good shooter... they just offered him a big contract... why take a chance?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, chaiway said:

41 mins... good shooter... they just offered him a big contract... why take a chance?

Well if someone else accidentally gets dropped and its a better player then i'm sent back to the waver order. 

Run, don’t walk.  He’s going to have a solid year.  Traded kuzma for him before the season started and have no regrets

12 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

Well if someone else accidentally gets dropped and its a better player then i'm sent back to the waver order. 

Your decision man.  We don't know the personalities of people in your league or how often people are dumb and drop players they shouldn't.  We're not going to be able to answer this for you.  Just know if I were in your league, you would not have a chance to pick him up after waivers.    

3 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Your decision man.  We don't know the personalities of people in your league or how often people are dumb and drop players they shouldn't.  We're not going to be able to answer this for you.  Just know if I were in your league, you would not have a chance to pick him up after waivers.    

For sure. I mean, yea Prince is no stud by any means. But he'll still give you startable production consistently just by virtue of opportunity. On a team with Kyrie and Caris, he logged the most minutes. That tells you the coach loves him and trusts him