COBBLEPOT

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

In all fairness, it seems like he thrives much more when Kyrie and/or LeVert are in the lineup, both of whom are returning soon.  He was just dropped in my 12-team league, and I figure he's worth the flier based on the fact that he played much better with those guys spacing the floor.  But what do I know!

OMG 1 for 10 tonight. That's on top of .298 over the last 14 days. How does a guy who shot about .434 over the past two years all of a sudden stink it up so horribly? Positive regression is sure (?) to come but as it is he's killing my FG % in roto. 

Lol my goodness. If you're not satisfied or can't use him correctly, drop him for Gary Payton Jr.

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol my goodness. If you're not satisfied or can't use him correctly, drop him for Gary Payton Jr.

“Can’t use him correctly”

what does that even mean?  Punt fg and what does that leave, a line of 3-5-2 with a three and block?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdvRider said:

OMG 1 for 10 tonight. That's on top of .298 over the last 14 days. How does a guy who shot about .434 over the past two years all of a sudden stink it up so horribly? Positive regression is sure (?) to come but as it is he's killing my FG % in roto. 

Just isn't getting the space he's afforded when he has better players that require closer guarding.

He's such a dangerous perimeter shooter that teams are shutting him down.

Holding until Kyrie and Levert return and will re-assess then. 

I never understand how players with such %fg can play in nba?!

1 on 10 i can do that...

maybe drop him for Noel

Edited by Tomy

I agree that Irving and Levert's presences would've created more space. However, I think we're giving that way too much weight. IMO what we're really seeing is a classic Prince slump, which historically can be pretty brutal.

11 games immediately post-Kyrie (actually one of his best shooting spans):
40.7% FG (5.2/12.7), 42.1% 3P (2.9/6.9), 14.2 ppg

8 games since then (current slump):
25.0% FG (2.9/11.5), 21.7% (1.3/5.8), 8.0 ppg

If you watch Nets games, you've seen he's been missing plenty of open shots. Includes both threes and attempts in the paint. Advanced stats confirm this. During this slump, he's 23.3% on open shots, and 23.5% on wide-open ones (no defender within 10+ feet). His open 2-pointers actually look more brutal than his open 3-pointers (16.7% vs 25.0%). He's just clanking, regardless of how much space has.

He still has the third-best net rating on the team, and Atkinson has really trusted him as the team's "X-factor." So I don't see his playing time being affected. Personally, I'm hanging on and hoping for regression to the mean. But if he does lose playing time or get benched like last season, or his slump manifests too long, then he's probably a drop for me, since I'm already dealing with Conley's shooting woes

Edited by hoop
  • Like 1

Mind boggling to see so many posts to this thread. This guy is absolutely a killer in fg to so unless you’re punting those, he is not rosterable in 12 team leagues.

11 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

My Rotisserie team with Harden, Westbrook, Rubio, Prince, etc shooting 46% as a unit. Learn how to manage FG%.

After I win the league, if I'm in a jolly mood, I might give pointers ( most likely nah, not holding hands. Figure it out on your own ).

Image result for cool story bro gif

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Your welcome guys he was on my bench 😪

Same. With such an overloaded Saturday, maybe he was on 99.9% of benches? And then there's one lucky person who reaps the benefits

• Like 1

Prince gets paid by the Nets to just rebound and miss shots. Where can I sign up? I'm pretty good at that too.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Good game last time for a punt FG% team.

Edited by wildcat62

This dude is so bad at shooting, I watch games and he just bricks wide open shots left and right. I really think chandler is going to start eating into his PT down the line. He needs irving badly, but he’s also missing wide open layups. Today I saw him drive down the lane, no one in sight, and the ball rolls off the side of the rim. He reminds me of demarre carroll so much. 

it’s tough because there aren’t many PFs on the wire who give you replaceable value, which is why he’s still rostered in nearly 50 percent of leagues despite the horrific shooting. 

• Like 1

Cut his weeks ago with no regrets.

Free yourselves.

I want to drop this dude so bad but every time I'm itchin to do it theres this voice inside my head that says "ain't no way an NBA player can shoot 30% from the field the entire season"