chicane_here

Jerami Grant 2019-2020 Outlook

Beasted today on a stack Denver team. What round is he worth drafting then coz after today i was able to snag him off waivers for Jaylen Brown.

Edited by chicane_here

Once again, an intriguing player. I just wonder how the time share with Sap is going to play out, sounds like classic fantasy headache material.

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

Once again, an intriguing player. I just wonder how the time share with Sap is going to play out, sounds like classic fantasy headache material.

I don't see a headache here, Millsap is only a 24-26 minute guy at this point, plus will miss multiple games for load management.  In the games Millsap is active, Grant will get 24 minutes at PF as a floor, plus will get minutes over Plumlee backing up Jokic as a small-ball 5.

• Like 1

Normally I would say that trading something like a first round pick shows that they value Grant quite a bit.  But this is the same team that traded away Nurkic to play Plumlee 23 minutes a game.  So who knows.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I don't see a headache here, Millsap is only a 24-26 minute guy at this point, plus will miss multiple games for load management.  In the games Millsap is active, Grant will get 24 minutes at PF as a floor, plus will get minutes over Plumlee backing up Jokic as a small-ball 5.

I might be veering into AC territory, but to phrase this generally enough, do you in other words think he provides 10-team level value already as of now?

Grant should be worth taking a flier on in the last rounds. Milsap is just a tad bit washed at this point and Denver seems like they're looking to go with a full youth movement. Grant is young, athletic as hell and fits in nicely with Denver's fast-paced offense. If he gets the minutes, he can be a valuable asset as a guy who could potentially provide a 1/1/1 statline on good %s

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kriggly said:

Normally I would say that trading something like a first round pick shows that they value Grant quite a bit.  But this is the same team that traded away Nurkic to play Plumlee 23 minutes a game.  So who knows.  

Same team tgat traded away the picks that were used for Mitchell and Gobert as well iirc.

OT: Jerami looks like he took another step. Love watching him play. He reminds me a little bit of a young (rookie) Shawn Kemp in style of play.

Edited by perkinsfor3

10 hours ago, fabrar said:

If he gets the minutes, he can be a valuable asset as a guy who could potentially provide a 1/1/1 statline on good %s

Maybe good FG%, yes.  FT%, no -- this is a career 65% FT shooter.  Fortunately he doesn't get enough FTA for it to hurt much.  Maybe he can bump his FT% up > 71% this year (hoping).  

I still like to target him late for punt AST or punt PTS.  The "expert" rankings for this guy are selling him well short of what he's worth.  

10 hours ago, 7614 said:

Will he outplay Plumlee this season? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

I might be veering into AC territory, but to phrase this generally enough, do you in other words think he provides 10-team level value already as of now?

Grant looks like a player who is worth a bench spot in a 10 teamer. But a lot of it is league or format dependent. Above folks mentioned H2H punt builds. He is one of those classic efficient glue guys, has holes in AST and FT, but can round out your roster in most other categories. His efficiency usually correlates with IQ, talent, or both, and I'm always drawn to those guys more than most GMs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dusting off this thread...

Do you guys think Grant takes another step forward this season?  Or was last year his ceiling?

Just needs the minutes. He's improved his FT% to a respectable clip, and shot the 3 really well last year. Really hope he can get close to 30 minutes. 25 or less and he's probably just a streamer in standard h2h 12 team, 13 man rosters.

9 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Dusting off this thread...

Do you guys think Grant takes another step forward this season?  Or was last year his ceiling?

He can in real life.  Not so sure in fantasy due to minutes.  He's already becoming an elite 3 and D player, just low rebounds/ast/stl/FT will depress his value somewhat.  Word out of Denver is that he's already shown improvements in his game and is only getting better.  Since his value is low atm I would target in dynasty formats.  

Man, I just can’t figure out what to do with this guy. Seems like there’s a million rookies ready to make a splash, and grant had a great year last year, but is he gonna get enough minutes to produce?

nuggets are super deep and I don’t want to miss a solid FA waiting to see if grant is gonna get 20+ minutes. You guys holding or passing?

55 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Man, I just can’t figure out what to do with this guy. Seems like there’s a million rookies ready to make a splash, and grant had a great year last year, but is he gonna get enough minutes to produce?

nuggets are super deep and I don’t want to miss a solid FA waiting to see if grant is gonna get 20+ minutes. You guys holding or passing?

Holding

Millsap has been injured pre-season and honestly can't switch on the defensive end as he gets older

I think Jerami has a chance to become the starter and if he doesn't he's still getting quality minutes off the bench

He is way undervalued as an efficient source of 3PM and blocks, I ended up with him in multiple leagues as a roto glue guy based on how far he's sliding in drafts.  I wouldn't worry about him getting minutes Denver brought him in for a reason as the perfect complement to Jokic.  For now I think Denver views him as their 6th man and based on preseason he we will play backup minutes at both 4 and 5, which should be an easy path to around 28-30 minutes.  He will essentially split the 48 minutes with Millsap at PF, but I think in most matchups he will also get all the backup center minutes over Plumlee.  This isn't even counting the games where Millsap is load-managed, I think Sap misses around 20 games to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

he has good numbers, but its the minutes issue. If he was able to keep same numbers as last year in 67% of the playing time, then sign me up. i just realized he probably wont eclipse 25mpg and so i dropped him for clarke. 

It's hard to imagine how he'll get 30 mins with their depth, but there's a scenario where he overtakes Millsap as starter (which seems possible given his strong preseason). Yet I feel like that upside isn't enticing enough to hold onto him and miss out on the intriguing risk-reward options dangling on waivers.... hmmm.

9 hours ago, mattshhh said:

It's hard to imagine how he'll get 30 mins with their depth, but there's a scenario where he overtakes Millsap as starter (which seems possible given his strong preseason). Yet I feel like that upside isn't enticing enough to hold onto him and miss out on the intriguing risk-reward options dangling on waivers.... hmmm.

Had this same dilemma...  but I ended up cutting him for PJ Washington.  Might regret it later cause I love Grant's game but just a little too concerned about his minutes.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:41 PM, DoctorLove said:

Running into the same damn issue with this guy and Kyle anderson. I cut bait on Slomo, but would like to give Grant a couple games to see how it pans out. He’s young and full of upside...plays defense...and is behind old man Millsap....

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1

I think he will start eventually. Defensively hes great, ten years younger, a great shooter and great offball (while milsap needs a bit more usage)..i think he's just a better overall fit next to jokic then milsap is.

• Thanks 1

Only 21 minutes tonight behind old man Millsap. Meh, holding to see how this week shakes out but might drop for a sure-fire ROS stud since he's my worst player

I hate missing out on early-season breakouts, so I dropped him for Bacon. No question who's the better basketball player, but Jerami's uphill battle to minutes could get frustrating fast. Doesn't help that Millsap looked great or that Jerami didn't get extra run from Jokic missing the first half.