Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

50 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

My opinion is Lazzard emerges as Rodgers go to guy until Davante comes back.  Once Davante's back he's the WR2.  MVS, Geronimo, & Kumerow have had plenty of time to build rapport with Rodgers, and none of them seem to have great chemistry with him.  Say what you will about Lazzard, but he's already shown chemistry with Rodgers in his limited play. 

agreed. enough for Rodgers to request him and then throw it to him on the same play 2 times in a row. could be a goose egg or it could be a double digit game.

24 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

im all aboard this hype train! if Geronimo/Davante are out I think he is a must start.

I agree, Im not sure if ROS value will be there, but I traded for Davante Monday, which prompted me to use a 1 claim for him. If Davante is down....I think he is a fantastic play, and if he does well, he could easily cut into G-Mo, MVS snaps. 

Putting it bluntly, the contested TD catch he made, is one the only contested GB catches like that I have seen by a player not named Davante Adams, since probably pre-injury Jordy. 

Edited by mpat15
  • Like 1

Apparently Lazard started himself in fantasy football against the Lions last week 😂

Picked this guys up from our waivers this week. Possibly starting him ahead of Auden Tate as a one week flyer but will decide if I'm gutsy enough later in the week

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

I agree, Im not sure if ROS value will be there, but I traded for Davante Monday, which prompted me to use a 1 claim for him. If Davante is down....I think he is a fantastic play, and if he does well, he could easily cut into G-Mo, MVS snaps. 

Putting it bluntly, the contested TD catch he made, is one the only contested GB catches like that I have seen by a player not named Davante Adams, since probably pre-injury Jordy. 

I don't intend to come off as some MVS truther - I don't even own the guy - but did you miss his 46 yard catch? That was more impressive than Lazard's imo

Adams, Geronimo, MVS and Jimmy Graham NOT AT PRACTICE 

Edited by konstao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I don't intend to come off as some MVS truther - I don't even own the guy - but did you miss his 46 yard catch? That was more impressive than Lazard's imo

yep- it was a nice catch.   And that was about it from MVS.  He never separates.  🤷‍♂️   

It’s not like they haven’t tried to get MVS involved...Rodgers looks at him often on dropbacks-  it’s just not happening.  Not so easy to go from being a teams wr2 getting less talented, single coverage to the teams primary wr threat.   We saw Sutton run into that in 2018 when Emmanuel went down.    This year is a different story for Courtland.  So maybe MVS develops.. but he’s looked entirely overmatched most of this season.   

Edited by Impreza178

28 minutes ago, konstao said:

This could potentially lead to some difficult roster decisions. I was hoping to wait to use him until bye weeks and after his breakout but he might force my hand.

Lazard wasn’t sure how much he’d play against the Lions but still started himself in fantasy football, a bold move considering he didn’t have a catch in five previous games and mostly had been playing on special teams (he was the unit’s rotating captain against the Lions).

THE 🦎👑 LEGEND GROWS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, konstao said:

I almost wish one of those guys would play just to keep some attention off Lazard

• Like 2

Just now, rex_bulkhead said:

I almost wish one of those guys would play just to keep some attention off Lazard

Not convinced Ryan Grant would demand double-coverage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just doing some reading on this guy and it sounds like he consistently outplayed and outproduced Hakeem Butler at Iowa State, but for some reason wasn't drafted. Butler famously fell to the 4th round of the draft this year, but he is/was still considered a high upside prospect. 

2017 stats:

Allen Lazard: 71 receptions, 941 yards, 10 TDs

Hakeem Butler: 41 receptions, 697 yards, 7 TDs. 

Lazard is 6'5" 225 lbs. with 4.55 speed (not great, but not a slug either). 

Playing with Rodgers who seems to like him and trust him, Lazard could be something...

Edited by mjb03003

If Allison AND Graham are out I'll think hard about Lazard over Metcalf. I could easily see Arod using Lazard in the redzone at that size. That's basically a TE

Shades of Miles Austin's breakout game? I am smelling it as I am cooking!

• Like 1

he is definitely starting him self again this week and so am I. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Watitdookie said:

Wonder what his Espn and yahoo! Projections are going to be like... he still as a zero

Just refreshed the page in ESPN and he is now projected to get 8 points.

Edited by Fantasy Dork

14 minutes ago, rb187 said:

Seriously considering starting him over sanders tonight! 

If MVS and Geronimo alisson dont practice tomorrow

i will consider him oer jordan howard and david montgomery lol !!

Don't know, picked him up but can't be excited about it.  Last year MVS also had a string of good games and Rodgers confidence until he didn't. 

The difference is Rodgers has fallen off from his elite, best qb status, but still expect Lazard to produce without the aforementioned WRs.

4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Not convinced Ryan Grant would demand double-coverage?

I am so confused. Why would they double-coverage a RB?

Kid looks legit, When I saw him I was like who’s this dude and by his last target I saw a dude who loves football and is hungry for an opportunity. Of course the Aaron Rodgers post game interview Allen got the extra endorsement from his QB. And the injured skill guys I am pumped up and expecting this guy to have a game. The legend has begun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Shades of Miles Austin's breakout game? I am smelling it as I am cooking!

So he’ll be sleeping with a Kardashian soon? 

• Haha 3