Sign in to follow this  
pattyforpm12

Trade Matthews for Bishop?

Hey ya'll,

Trade Austin Matthews for Ben Bishop? 

In a Rotisserie league with 11 offensive categories and 7 goalie categories.  My goalie situation is pretty weak, My forward situation is strong: I have Mcdavid, Marner, Laine, DeBrincat, Huberdeau, etc. 

Seems like I can afford to lose Matthews, as long as Bishop (and Dallas) gets going.

Tried to doing a multi player trade deal and it got vetoed down in the league.  Is a one for one fair?  Or am I delusional that goalies are so important?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers

No way!! Austin Matthews is way more than Bishop. I would think you should be able to get a number one goalie for him like David Rittich,Jordan Binnington,Matt Murray,Frederik Andersen,Marc-Andre Fleury,Pekka Rinne,Carey Price,Connor Hellebuyck,Braden Holtby. All of these goalies are better than Bishop. I think you are way underselling Matthews if you trade him for anything less than a top tier goalie. Bishop is on a bad team and remember he played way better when he way on a very talented Tampa Bay team. What goalies are available on waivers in your league?

Agree with Clay, Matthews is a much more valuable commodity than Bishop. Goalies are pretty fickle throughout the year but if you're looking to trade Matthews for a goalie you can probably get a solid player back as well.