Sign in to follow this  
papocrain

Ish Smith 2019-2020 Outlook

nabbed him...excited... finally gets the keys after years in the league to showcase what he can do... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dfstout said:

nabbed him...excited... finally gets the keys after years in the league to showcase what he can do... 

hes been averaging 25-30 min. a game.. how much more you think hes going to get... not sure there is anything to get excited about really...we'll see

• Haha 1

Those thinking that hes "been given the keys" are confused.

Ish is a backup point guard, a guy whose been given opportunities in the past at starting, whether because of injuries or DNPs.

He's at best, a 13ppg/7ast guy. I'd sooner add Napier than him.

10 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Ish is a backup point guard, a guy whose been given opportunities in the past at starting, whether because of injuries or DNPs.

Napier is averaging 9/7 the past month on sub 40% shooting. That's also while playing starter minutes. Ish can and will do better than  that 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

hes been averaging 25-30 min. a game.. how much more you think hes going to get... not sure there is anything to get excited about really...we'll see

Hes been avg 23 minutes now hell get rd 30...in a pts league his ppg avg will go from 20 to 25 a night and his assists go up big time in cats...

• Like 1

Just now, dfstout said:

Hes been avg 23 minutes now hell get rd 30...in a pts league his ppg avg will go from 20 to 25 a night and his assists go up big time in cats...

I doubt he gets 30.. this is a timeshare with him and Napier.

28 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I think youre confused...they traded IT to start Ish...and still have playoff aspirations...

1 minute ago, sharkpotato said:

I doubt he gets 30.. this is a timeshare with him and Napier.

We shall see

I think it'll be an ugly timeshare situation with bazz + beal doing a lot of ball handling so I think that relegates both ish and bazz to low end pg

3 minutes ago, dfstout said:

I think youre confused...they traded IT to start Ish...and still have playoff aspirations...

I dont know.. I think Shabazz is an upgrade over IT

• Like 1

Just now, sharkpotato said:

I dont know.. I think Shabazz is an upgrade over IT

David Aldridge tweeted out that Ish is the guy and Bazz is the backup and we will see ...I'll go w the starter for now...Brooks likes Ish a lot...I like the scoop...

Ish will get 28 min and Shabazz around 20. 

His fantasy numbers won't get a big bump but he's still rosterable in 12 teams and above most likely. 

11 minutes ago, dfstout said:

David Aldridge tweeted out that Ish is the guy and Bazz is the backup and we will see ...I'll go w the starter for now...Brooks likes Ish a lot...I like the scoop...

tbh I don't think either of them starting means anything but I can agree with your sentiment on gambling with Ish.

Edited by sharkpotato

Looking at some game logs, it seems Ish can shoot a little better than Shabazz most nights. Napier might be a better assist guy.

I'm betting with Brooks as coach, every night will be a guessing game. If Napier is hitting his shot, he might get more minutes. Next night it might be Ish.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

tbh I don't think either of them starting means anything but I can agree with your sentiment on gambling with Ish.

Nice

20 hours ago, dfstout said:

hes averaging 26 minutes on the year....IT 23 min. per game on the season, 21 min. over the past 10 games...

i dont think Ish stats will change much from what they already are...he was already getting more minutes that IT to begin with....

2 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

hes averaging 26 minutes on the year....IT 23 min. per game on the season, 21 min. over the past 10 games...

i dont think Ish stats will change much from what they already are...he was already getting more minutes that IT to begin with....

Looking forward to tonight

• Haha 1

A healthy Beal means that he sucks up all the usage. Ish only beasted when Beal was injured but we'll see. 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:37 PM, CORTEz said:

I'll take 13/7 lol but yeah his value doesn't change that much with Beal active.