cashvillesent

Ryan Tannehill 2019 Outlook

The only concern this week may be the weather for the game as there could be rain.  But otherwise, I love the matchup.

13 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Who are you folks playing this guy over. I’m torn

Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz and Jacoby Brisett (3 Leagues) 

Home game should have a playoff atmosphere v Texans 

15 hours ago, sjm76 said:

The only concern this week may be the weather for the game as there could be rain.  But otherwise, I love the matchup.

It's not supposed to rain during the game, so they should be fine.

Does the lack of passing-attempt volume not concern anyone? Doesn't it seem like that's going to have his stats crashing back to Earth at some point? Like right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs?

Tannehill has really brought Derrick Henry to a respectable level. I wish he would have started all year for the titans. His influence on that offense is understated. 

19 minutes ago, TheInterluder said:

Does the lack of passing-attempt volume not concern anyone? Doesn't it seem like that's going to have his stats crashing back to Earth at some point? Like right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs?

This was a concern of mine and had been debating looking at other streamers because of that.

But, I guess I've gotten to the point where he's playing well even with low volume.  I mean, he kinda has a nice floor IMO since he's shown he can put up points with that low volume with how efficient he's been and with his legs.  If he gets decent volume that probably just increases his ceiling.

I think overall the offense is just playing well.  Henry is running well, the Titans receivers are playing well and Tanny is playing well.  I feel more confident with him than guys like Minshew, Eli, Baker, Fitzy or whoever else is out there as streamers this week in most leagues.  I'm surely not playing him over proven studs like Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, etc.  though.

I do think he crashes back to earth at some point but I'm not sure it'll be this season.  This almost feels like a Nick Foles type of run from a few years back.  Sometimes QB's just get hot.  This is exactly the kind of scenario where the Titans will rise up and pay him this off-season and then he'll come out next year and be terrible lol.

15 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Josh Allen and Matt Ryan. What a weird season.

46 minutes ago, TheInterluder said:

got a sinking feeling this is one of those weeks where ya check stat tracker at halftime and see:  93 yds passing, 1 int, 8 yds rushing = 1 point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

got a sinking feeling this is one of those weeks where ya check stat tracker at halftime and see:  93 yds passing, 1 int, 8 yds rushing = 1 point

Not sure if it's even possible, but after getting embarrassed by Denver of all teams last week, Houston D might show up. 

heeeyyyy noowwwww 🤠

i mean, alotta that is on KING HENDRY!!!1!1! busting 75 yard TDs in 9 seconds, but, HOE-LEE-CHIT!

☄ they hot! ☄

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Not sure if it's even possible, but after getting embarrassed by Denver of all teams last week, Houston D might show up. 

Or they're just a bad defense.

16 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Bet'chu ain't as torn as me.....

League 1: Considering Tanny over Watson

League 2: Considering Tanny over Mahomes

My first year playing FF and what I've learned is that satisfaction comes from playing the right matchups in the right scenarios, not necessarily playing the best players in preseason draft rankings... I think I can go home with comfort knowing I put the best possible lineup, and right now all logic statistics and numbers point to playing Tanny........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I've been thinking this for the past 3-4 weeks.....

How many games do we need to see before we start feeling his performance is a trend rather than a fluke?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mtx said:

My first year playing FF and what I've learned is that satisfaction comes from playing the right matchups in the right scenarios, not necessarily playing the best players in preseason draft rankings... I think I can go home with comfort knowing I put the best possible lineup, and right now all logic statistics and numbers point to playing Tanny........

sagacity, thy name is magick foosball rook 'mtx' ...

trust your gut and hunches, the "experts" hit at barely over a 50% clip themselves ... i dig the spirit - manage. your. team. 

"ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances"

gl, kid ✌

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mtx said:

Winston is having trouble gripping the ball, so I'd roll with Tanny. As for Mahomes, I don't know. I think I'd just rather roll with Mahomes and go down with the ship.

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

sagacity, thy name is magick foosball rook 'mtx' ...

trust your gut and hunches, the "experts" hit at barely over a 50% clip themselves ... i dig the spirit - manage. your. team. 

"ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances"

gl, kid ✌

20 minutes ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Winston is having trouble gripping the ball, so I'd roll with Tanny. As for Mahomes, I don't know. I think I'd just rather roll with Mahomes and go down with the ship.

I might not make it past this week, but in this game within a game I've at the very least forced my opponents into beating me with someone other than Tanny.

I can only try to eliminate as many threats as possible........the rest is up to the Fantasy Gods to do their thing.

Edited by mtx

18 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Starting over Jameis and Wentz. Dropped Wentz to get Tanny.

Hoping he doesn't turn back into a pumpkin. Houston's offense isn't bad and Watson can put up points so I think the volume could be there.

This division games are weird. Every part of me thinks this game will probably be a shoot out, just like last week, a part of me thinks that it will be the opposite.

Both the Titans and Texans are banged up in the secondary, both teams will have no problem airing it out, but then who knows????

8 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

This division games are weird. Every part of me thinks this game will probably be a shoot out, just like last week, a part of me thinks that it will be the opposite.

Both the Titans and Texans are banged up in the secondary, both teams will have no problem airing it out, but then who knows????

IMO, this is like studying for a test. There's only so much studying you can do before you gotta put the books away and see what the test brings otherwise you'll confuse yourself. 

I'm going with Tannehill > Winston. If Winston outplays Tannehill despite having a bad thumb and no Evans then so be it. I won't lose sleep over making the logical decision.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

IMO, this is like studying for a test. There's only so much studying you can do before you gotta put the books away and see what the test brings otherwise you'll confuse yourself. 

I'm going with Tannehill > Winston. If Winston outplays Tannehill despite having a bad thumb and no Evans then so be it. I won't lose sleep over making the logical decision.

You just gave me the inspiration to go Tannehill > Prescott. We can commiserate later. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TheInterluder said:

You just gave me the inspiration to go Tannehill > Prescott. We can commiserate later. 

I'm in the same situation but I'm starting Prescott over Tannehill...If I'm going down, I'm going down with my better players 

13 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I'm in the same situation but I'm starting Prescott over Tannehill...If I'm going down, I'm going down with my better players 

Prescott is a tough call. Rams are looking solid, but Dak has been able to perform in tough matchups. I'd still probably go Tannehill over him.

5 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

For what it's worth, the O/U on the game is 51. Easily the highest total of the week.