heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

I want him for completely different reasons (looking at his pre-season numbers). The 7 3s were just a trigger for me haha

12 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

PJ basically told the coach "f--- the G league" with this performance. 

Can't wait to wakeup to owning the hottest add of the year. 

And someone told me I made a mistake choosing him over Simons. 😀

3 minutes ago, blu haz said:

Is PJ worth 35% of my FAAB in a 12 teamer?

damn...he might just be...but do you reallly wanna commit that much just after the opening night?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blu haz said:

Is PJ worth 35% of my FAAB in a 12 teamer?

I was gonna say 40...think, if your last pick avgs what he does, league winner...

Just now, dfstout said:

I was gonna say 40...think, if your last pick avgs what he does, league winner...

I owe PJ in half of my leagues, so don’t get wrong idea here.

But I’m going to play devils advocate here: It was the Bull’s defense....everyone had a MONSTER night. What if his numbers go down to earth...what if he struggles with rookie wall? 

Me personally, I think he secured himself a top 100 spot finish after that performance tonight, kid passes the eye test with flying colors...but he still is a rookie.

I mean Donovan Mitchell was also a rookie WW add couple seasons back tho....

Do you really wanna risk 1/3 of your bankroll on opening night to take that risk on that gamble? 

Just now, IDatDude said:

I owe PJ in half of my leagues, so don’t get wrong idea here.

But I’m going to play devils advocate here: It was the Bull’s defense....everyone had a MONSTER night. What if his numbers go down to earth...what if he struggles with rookie wall? 

Me personally, I think he secured himself a top 100 spot finish after that performance tonight, kid passes the eye test with flying colors...but he still is a rookie.

I mean Donovan Mitchell was also a rookie WW add couple seasons back tho....

Do you really wanna risk 1/3 of your bankroll on opening night to take that risk on that gamble? 

I totally see what you mean...I also know that when I had Mitchell and I won it that year it was because my last pick was him and if PJ is DMitch of this year then...

12 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

source.gif

oh man, fantasy hoops is officially back after seeing this gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I paid 25% of my FAAB, no regrets.  Can’t risk someone else scooping him up, although I probably could have gotten him cheaper and he definitely won’t be hot every night

• Like 1

I spent 25% of my budget and got him. next highest bid was only 5%. I don't feel dumb, they should feel dumb. You don't stumble into a duo of a breakout game, and his competition for minutes (Batum) getting hurt in the same game often. And in the first game of the season.

Edited by CitizenJ
  • Like 1

Just now, CitizenJ said:

I spent 25% of my budget and got him. next highest bid was only 5%. I don't feel dumb, they should feel dumb. 

or we’re going to feel dumb when he hits the rookie wall and we’re stuck with him lol

1 minute ago, Fantasyscrub said:

or we’re going to feel dumb when he hits the rookie wall and we’re stuck with him lol

I'll drop him then and eat the 25%. It happens, but you have to take shots. No regrets if he doesn't work out. A lot of good rookies last year didn't sniff a wall.

9 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

I'll drop him then and eat the 25%. It happens, but you have to take shots. No regrets if he doesn't work out. A lot of good rookies last year didn't sniff a wall.

Yeah you gotta take a risk sometimes. Scared money don't make none. Most of us are dropping late round fliers or other wire players for him anyway, so it's not like you're giving up an elite asset or something.

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Yeah you gotta take a risk sometimes. Scared money don't make none. Most of us are dropping late round fliers or other wire players for him anyway, so it's not like you're giving up an elite asset or something.

For those with FAAb budgets. Commiting 1/3 or 1/4 of that all in one day on single player is a hugeeeee risk.

This is the budget for all 24 weeks of fantasy. You gotta imagine there will be various other crazy sleepers/breakouts in next coming weeks/months.

You risk losing out on them on all, commiting this much. 

I spent 30 out of 100 and next highest was 20. Don't regret it at all, sometimes you have to overpay a bit if you really want someone.

Top 100 looks pretty safe with top 50-60 upside, and you get him for a full year instead of saving that FAAB cash for the trade deadline or bad drops and theoretically only getting a couple months of production (that matters more for roto than H2H though).

2 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

I spent 30 out of 100 and next highest was 20. Don't regret it at all, sometimes you have to overpay a bit if you really want someone.

Top 100 looks pretty safe with top 50-60 upside, and you get him for a full year instead of saving that FAAB cash for the trade deadline or bad drops and theoretically only getting a couple months of production (that matters more for roto than H2H though).

where do I go on yahoo to see how much others bid on him?

Oh yeahhhh ...had the twelfth draft pick in a twelve team league, ergo …#1 waiver priority 😁  Welcome aboard, PJ!

And thwarting all my buddies who wanted him makes it all that much sweeter 😌

10 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

where do I go on yahoo to see how much others bid on him?

Under the recent transactions there's a tab called FAAB bids. If anyone else bid it will show up here, but nothing shows up if you're the only bid.

52 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

Under the recent transactions there's a tab called FAAB bids. If anyone else bid it will show up here, but nothing shows up if you're the only bid.

LMAOOO two people bid $0 on him and my dumbass bid $25

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

For those with FAAb budgets. Commiting 1/3 or 1/4 of that all in one day on single player is a hugeeeee risk.

This is the budget for all 24 weeks of fantasy. You gotta imagine there will be various other crazy sleepers/breakouts in next coming weeks/months.

You risk losing out on them on all, commiting this much. 

I would argue the most sure fire gambles to take with your FAAB are breakout young players on teams that retooled in the offeseaon and don’t have a lot to play for win/loss wise. His situation is perfect and has done nothing but prove his role so far. First week of the season is ALWAYS the best time to use your FAAB. Having 80% of your FAAB come March sounds silly