heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

45 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

Dropped as well, only because i’m in a 10 teamer & there’s options on the wire with more opportunity.

PJ is getting the minutes, but there are a lot of mouths to feed on this young CHA team. Expect some sub par nights offensively.

Don't think dropping is necessarily a bad move, but who has more opportunity on the wire right now?

He's locked into 30+ mpg.

I'm still high on PJ. I don't see any reason to be anything but completely satisfied with his cost vs his production so far... For a 21 year old kid playing his first three games of pro ball. 

If I had an offer for a guy like Bam on the table and missed pulling the trigger, well, that would be on me and not PJ... PJ is great value and has huge potential. Just my two cents.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 3

On 10/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, KingDURANTULA said:

Almost did but I dunno man this hype train got me feelin' some typa way

Bro...so what ended up happening here?

Did you end up accepting?? Did he pull the offer? I was thinking about this trade all weekend lol. Want to know how this saga ended 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m holding, he had a tough matchup last night and I think he can show off again tonight!

I'm holding. The potential and the minutes are there. He's a rookie so some inconsistency is expected

58 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Bro...so what ended up happening here?

Did you end up accepting?? Did he pull the offer? I was thinking about this trade all weekend lol. Want to know how this saga ended 

I accepted but it got vetoed lmao welp back on the PJ train Choo Choo 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

I accepted but it got vetoed lmao welp back on the PJ train Choo Choo 

That's tough. I don't like league vetoes but I know I wouldn't have been happy to see that trade happen.

At least you're back on board!

He's not going to hit 7 threes every game but the minutes are there, the usage is decent enough and the peripheral stats are there, I think he's a strong hold.

His usage has been dropping each of the last 3 games. Started at 24, 17, 13 last game. Will see tonight. All these young players are trying to use this opportunity to shine. It a free for all at this time. Everyone Is trying to shine. So if you're not aggressively seeking to the ball, you won't get the ball. Point is with bacon graham and rozier and bridges on the team I feel minutes may be there but they'll soak up most of the usage. Might change near the 2nd half of the season. But that's what I'm seeing during this time. I am hoping this changes and more plays start getting drawn for him and what not. But I may drop him and take a risk on Hart or Isaiah Thomas in shallow league. 

• Haha 2

If u are in 12 teams league he is a must own. 

1 3ptm, 1 steal, 1 block per game. That’s ok to own and his upside is definitely there 

of coz when he was playing against AD or some other elite bigs, he would have a tough time. It’s ok, as long as he can give 1-2 3ptm, some steals and blocks 

The last game, when he did get the ball, he did not shoot well. First time playing with Zeller in the lineup. Zeller probably got some rebounds and shots that PJ would have had in the first two games. Was he going against AD? Not a lot of players come out of that matchup doing well.

Look at the shot distribution in the last game. Graham had a really rough shooting night, but kept jacking shots up.  Zeller was the only one who shot well. Was the LA defense really good, or was it just an off shooting night?? Only 7 shots attempted. Williams got that many off in 17 minutes.

Player

Pos

Min

FGM-FGA

FTM-FTA

3PM-3PA

+/-

OR

Reb

A

Blk

Stl

TO

PF

Pts

M. Bridges

F

37:15

8-17

5-5

2-4

P. Washington

F

35:45

2-7

3-4

1-2

C. Zeller

C

28:40

9-13

0-0

1-3

+3

D. Bacon

G

36:40

6-15

2-2

1-5

T. Rozier

G

32:02

6-14

4-4

3-10

D. Graham

27:31

1-13

6-6

1-6

M. Williams

17:19

2-6

0-0

1-3

M. Monk

14:08

0-4

0-0

0-2

B. Biyombo

5:24

0-1

0-0

0-0

G. Hernangóme

2:20

0-0

0-0

0-0

C. Martin

1:44

1-1

1-2

0-0

C. Martin

1:12

0-0

0-0

0-0

3 games. The minutes are there. These guys have not played together much. But for a rookie, I think he has the talent and desire to be a solid fantasy asset. 

DATE OPP MIN PTS TRB AST BK ST TO FPTS
10/23 CHI 38 27 4 1 1 1 4 31
10/25 MIN 29 10 10 0 1 1 3 19
10/27 LAL 36 8 6 1 1 1 3 15
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's not his 1st time playing with Zeller, Zeller played when he dropped 27

My bad. I knew he missed the Minn game. Thought he missed the first one too.

5 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i'm dropping.... too many good players on the wire to wait around rn

you gotta pay the troll toll

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, molski said:

I love you pompous, overconfident posters...

over the last 3 games he's averaging 9.6 points and 7.6 rebounds.....which is cool, but with potential gems on the wire like bobby portis, dennis schroeder, devonte graham, etc., this is the time to grab a player who will give u big games night in and night out. if you've been playing fantasy basketball long enough then u'll know what i mean.

hope he does good for u tho.

Edited by COBBLEPOT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, molski said:

You gotta pay the Troll Toll
If you wanna get into that boy's soul
You gotta pay the Troll Toll
To get in!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i'm dropping.... too many good players on the wire to wait around rn

You guys should be mentioning how small your leagues are cause you are confusing others in here. He's nowhere near a drop in 10-12 leagues and over, which is what most people in here are playing. I have him in only 1 of my leagues unfortunately but I'm happy with his production, mins are there, had backtoback tough games, it's fine