heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

Anyone sorta worried about his efficiency cats?  47% FG is acceptable for a PF, but 63% from the line, even on low volume, and about 3 TOs a game is pushing down his value in 9-cat. I'm still keeping him, especially as a FA steal, but it's something we should be concerned about if this trend continues.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWon said:

Anyone sorta worried about his efficiency cats?  47% FG is acceptable for a PF, but 63% from the line, even on low volume, and about 3 TOs a game is pushing down his value in 9-cat. I'm still keeping him, especially as a FA steal, but it's something we should be concerned about if this trend continues.

For a FA, I can't complain much. He has the upside and those numbers should get better going forward

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

You guys should be mentioning how small your leagues are cause you are confusing others in here. He's nowhere near a drop in 10-12 leagues and over, which is what most people in here are playing. I have him in only 1 of my leagues unfortunately but I'm happy with his production, mins are there, had backtoback tough games, it's fine

12-team h2h 12-cat league 

the problem here is that the nba is getting deeper and deeper with each passing year .. a couple years back 9 & 7 (his numbers in his last 3 games) would be welcome with open arms on 12 teamers. nowadays it’s seemingly mediocre. 

thing is, if he’s going to be a 12-7 guy (very plausible), that’s solid, but there are players with much greater overall potential on the wire .. 

now, if he’s going to be a 16-9 guy with a couple threes and a block+steal (also possible), then dropping him would be a bad move.. but it’s a gamble either way

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

the problem here is that the nba is getting deeper and deeper with each passing year .. a couple years back 9 & 7 (his numbers in his last 3 games) would be welcome with open arms on 12 teamers. nowadays it’s seemingly mediocre. 

thing is, if he’s going to be a 12-7 guy (very plausible), that’s solid, but there are players with much greater overall potential on the wire .. 

now, if he’s going to be a 16-9 guy with a couple threes and a block+steal (also possible), then dropping him would be a bad move.. but it’s a gamble either way

Where can u find a player that gives 16-9 with couple threes with stocks in a 12+ team league lol. 

6 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Name the players on the wire right now that averages 12-7

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Where can u find a player that gives 16-9 with couple threes with stocks in a 12+ team league lol. 

you must’ve misunderstood my post 

i said if he puts up those numbers, then dropping him would be a big mistake 

but if he puts up 12-7 or so (which is also very possible), then thats not a difference maker.. and 3-4 difference makers are found on the wire every year. especially early on. 

it’s hard to tell at this point tho .. he was incredible on opening night but very mediocre in the last 3. 

1 minute ago, Cpxaztec said:

bobby portis could very easily put up 15-9 .. not saying he will, it all depends on opportunity, but the potential is there. 

dennis schroeder is another player who looked like it was 2017 again in his last 2 games. 

trust me, there will absolutely be players better than that on the wire from now until the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

bobby portis could very easily put up 15-9 .. not saying he will, it all depends on opportunity, but the potential is there. 

dennis schroeder is another player who looked like it was 2017 again in his last 2 games. 

trust me, there will absolutely be players better than that on the wire from now until the end of the season. 

Bobby Portis not available, Schroeder is, someone dropped him before his back to back 20 point games. In a 12 team league. I think PJ is worth holding for his upside. The minutes are there. 12 team leagues and up.

Edited by Cpxaztec
  • Like 1

There was really nothing special with what PJ was doing. It was the opportunity that made him so appealing. But if these ballhogs cant even get him north of 10 shots, it's (easily?) replicable

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

There was really nothing special with what PJ was doing. It was the opportunity that made him so appealing. But if these ballhogs cant even get him north of 10 shots, it's (easily?) replicable

He's literally played four NBA games in his whole career. Give him time. He has will get plenty of minutes and plenty of opportunities.

I'm getting headache on this cobblepot dude. He is AT everywhere and all the time.

I warned about the hype train earlier. PJ is an investment, not someone you get gravy instantly. He is not and will not be your Top10 guy, but hopefully a solid contributor with some tasty games sprinkled in. But not now. We are talking potential and glimpses now. February and from there on out he might be ballin' with some consistent, but still modest numbers. 

Hate to own player who has 19 pages on his topic this early lol. You can never win with these managers hyping the s--- up.

Just go and ruin Devonte and Nunn topics, leave us patient ones with PJ.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

I'm getting headache on this cobblepot dude. He is AT everywhere and all the time.

I warned about the hype train earlier. PJ is an investment, not someone you get gravy instantly. He is not and will not be your Top10 guy, but hopefully a solid contributor with some tasty games sprinkled in. But not now. We are talking potential and glimpses now. February and from there on out he might be ballin' with some consistent, but still modest numbers. 

Hate to own player who has 19 pages on his topic this early lol. You can never win with these managers hyping the s--- up.

Didn't I just see you compare Nunn to Dwyane Wade and predict 18.5 and 8 with 2.5 threes for Graham?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

Didn't I just see you compare Nunn to Dwyane Wade and predict 18.5 and 8 with 2.5 threes for Graham?

It's fun going through the years and seeing the hype for people who settle back into normalcy throughout the season (e.g. Bjelica).  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Well, i think thats a weird thing to say. We’re all here to share hype or give our input to maybe tone down peoples expectations. After that its YOUR own responsibility to asses if the player is worth owning. The player having 30 pages won’t make you lose or win your league.

A player like PJ Washington having 20 pages after one week is one of the reasons I use this forum. Also the Thybulle thread is hilarious too and you could call that ”managers hyping up someone” I suppose.  But just speaking for myself, here.

• Thanks 1

Back to the topic, watching Charlotte is so damn painful. Everyone trying to get their shots , zero ball movement. But I guess that was to be expected. Holding on to PJ tho, even tho he will have swings I think he’ll be more consistent than some of the other young guys people own right now

I think the wisdom of Aaron Rodgers can be applied here:

Five letters here just for everybody out there: R-E-L-A-X,"  "Relax. PJ is going to be OK."

His floor has been pretty damn good for a rookie.

He is not going to hit 7 threes every night. But hopefully he gets more than 8 shot attempts a game. His FG% is 47.5. He has hit 50% of his threes. The minutes are there. Let's see where we are in a month.

He hasn't even had a bad game yet, 3s and stocks in every game. Hold for now and see what materializes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qpeeters said:

im sayin 

these overzealous owners are the funniest 

12 hours ago, Cpxaztec said:

Shallow league I just swapped him for Anunoby. Seems both have good upside.

18 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Shallow league I just swapped him for Anunoby. Seems both have good upside.

OG been gone from the waiver in my league.

lmao this guy talking trash about PJ then advising to go pick up Bobby Portis or Dennis Schroeder, two consistently terrible fantasy players in horrible timeshares, yikes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

lmao this guy talking trash about PJ then advising to go pick up Bobby Portis or Dennis Schroeder, two consistently terrible fantasy players in horrible timeshares, yikes.

lol portis and schroeder are actually good players when given consistent minutes though... granted both can have off days, but when they're off 💥:)

29 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

lol portis and schroeder are actually good players when given consistent minutes though... granted both can have off days, but when they're off 💥:)

Did you just say Portis is a good player? LOL

In real life he is horrible and a s--- bloke. 

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Did you just say Portis is a good player? LOL

In real life he is horrible and a s--- bloke. 

Dude, don't say that!  Crazy Eyes might be watching. Mirotic got punched so hard that he left the NBA, lol.

Anyway, PJ Washington thread, yes.  Heh, this is quite the tangential thread. 

I'm more than happy with 12-7, since it's also combined with a 1-1-1, with potential for the random explosions.  He's got such a nice floor with heavy minutes.  I'm going for consistency, not hype with this sort of player, and you can't expect to hit home runs with FAs every time.  Again, my only concern is that his FT% and TOs are a bit too high in 9-cat, so it's quietly pulling his value down.

• Haha 1