heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, MWon said:

Dude, don't say that!  Crazy Eyes might be watching. Mirotic got punched so hard that he left the NBA, lol.

Anyway, PJ Washington thread, yes.  Heh, this is quite the tangential thread. 

I'm more than happy with 12-7, since it's also combined with a 1-1-1, with potential for the random explosions.  He's got such a nice floor with heavy minutes.  I'm going for consistency, not hype with this sort of player, and you can't expect to hit home runs with FAs every time.  Again, my only concern is that his FT% and TOs are a bit too high in 9-cat, so it's quietly pulling his value down.

Exactly feel like people here weigh counting stats above everything else. Points, boards, assists arent everything. Not many players in the league putting up 2+ threes, 7 boards, 2 stocks.

4 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

He’s so versatile for a rookie. Hornets need to feed him more for sure

Love watching him play. His game is pretty diverse, and he does it on both ends of the court. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

He’s so versatile for a rookie. Hornets need to feed him more for sure

I agree he needs the ball in his hands more often. Hopefully the coach and team start to understand that logic once lineups tighten up and the season progresss 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, halbounih said:

Wish he could play SAC every game, but regardless 7/7 from the field is pretty juicy 

He won't be playing against AD every game either

• Haha 1

Just now, claptondecheeks said:

What did they do to our boy in the third quarter?

That's why I get annoyed by him and this team. Too many ball hogs trying to shine and don't feed the hot hand. They barely look for him on offense

11 minutes ago, halbounih said:

That's why I get annoyed by him and this team. Too many ball hogs trying to shine and don't feed the hot hand. They barely look for him on offense

Bacon = ball hog (good pun I know)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Have to think this guy will get a chance to show more as the season progresses considering how well he’s played. There will be some low volume games but his style translates to fantasy pretty well. I like his chances this year to be top 80-90 value 

Great game again, he will have duds when he has to play players like AD but there are enough games against mediocre teams where he can shine. Great source of Fantasy points for a rookie of the wire so far!

10 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Are we still worried about Batum? I thought he'll affect Bridges more

Batum is happy to come off the bench, I think PJ and Bridges are definitely going to stick as starters.

13 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I'm glad they're giving PJ some touches... he definitely knows how to take advantage of the mismatches down low

That was really noticeable in today's game. Could've had an even bigger game if they gave it to him in the low post more.

Such an advanced scorer for his age.

36 minutes tonight too? This is as legit as it gets.

Like people have been saying on the post its really his position to lose at this point! I think the high percentage tonight kind of solidified his spot on a full time rotation. Graham and him have definitely been my steal of the WW this year.