heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Nance will be absolute gold once Love or Tristan Thompson get a long term injury. 

Fyi, Nance never played more than 67 games. He is no stranger to long term injuries. PJ over Nance for ros 100% of the time 

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Fyi, Nance never played more than 67 games. He is no stranger to long term injuries. PJ over Nance for ros 100% of the time 

I go Nance because he's killing it now when he's got the opportunity. PJ is a work in progress still but your team is in a pretty good shape if that's your worst player.

I dropped for Larry Nance i really did not want to tbh but Nance has been shooting threes and has more upside imo. I only say that because of Rozier & Devonte being so ball dominant i know my man Pajamas is filthy when his usage is up there.

Dropping a 1 .5 / 1.1 / .8 rookie with 11.5 ppg from the PF spot with SF elig is an absolutely horrible mistake, especially putting into consideration his situational outlook playing for a terrible team where he's going to get opportunity for the ENTIRE season.

He had two foul plagued games, and even during this cold shooting stretch he's providing tons of peripheral value with steals, blocks, and some threes.

You either drafted this guy late or you got him off the waiver. 

It's funny, his rank hasn't even wavered slightly. He's still ranked 57th on the year despite having inconsistent scoring nights, it just shows how much yahoo is valuing his overall contributions across the board (along with his low TO to boot).

Borrego also said he's done a poor job having plays run for Washington. With the emergence of Graham, Rozier and Graham have opted to become back court scorers, but it's come at the expense of other players benefiting within the offense; this'll get ironed out. 

In his last 10 games he has 11 steals, 10 blocks, and 11 3's. This is coming while in 6 games he shot sub 40%. This isn't going to last. Once the percentages come up, the rest is already golden.

Who are you going to replace him with that'll give you 1/1/1 while sprinkling in assists boards and scoring and low TO?

It's not like he's out of the rotation or in the dog house, it's not like he's playing for a team with players ahead of him. He's got Marvin Williams and Batum as competition and he's the uncontested starter.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lifschitz said:

Who are you going to replace him with that'll give you 1/1/1 while sprinkling in assists boards and scoring and low TO?

I think we all know the answer to this. Carmelo Anthony is the obvious guy to add.

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I think we all know the answer to this. Carmelo Anthony is the obvious guy to add.

people just massively overrate points, it's plagued fantasy since the dawn of time. 

You can get high scoring teams without fielding all high scorers. It's like they forget defensive stats exist. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So, time travel is reality now?

Just now, Gile Pile said:

So, time travel is reality now?

I would thought sarcasm would be easy to identify by now lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Dropping a 1 .5 / 1.1 / .8 rookie with 11.5 ppg from the PF spot with SF elig is an absolutely horrible mistake, especially putting into consideration his situational outlook playing for a terrible team where he's going to get opportunity for the ENTIRE season.

He had two foul plagued games, and even during this cold shooting stretch he's providing tons of peripheral value with steals, blocks, and some threes.

You either drafted this guy late or you got him off the waiver. 

It's funny, his rank hasn't even wavered slightly. He's still ranked 57th on the year despite having inconsistent scoring nights, it just shows how much yahoo is valuing his overall contributions across the board (along with his low TO to boot).

Borrego also said he's done a poor job having plays run for Washington. With the emergence of Graham, Rozier and Graham have opted to become back court scorers, but it's come at the expense of other players benefiting within the offense; this'll get ironed out. 

In his last 10 games he has 11 steals, 10 blocks, and 11 3's. This is coming while in 6 games he shot sub 40%. This isn't going to last. Once the percentages come up, the rest is already golden.

It's not like he's out of the rotation or in the dog house, it's not like he's playing for a team with players ahead of him. He's got Marvin Williams and Batum as competition and he's the uncontested starter.

Exactly..So much people here are easily swayed when they see double digit scorers...example is kuzma, which is still owned by almost 80% btw.. id take 1/1/1 guy over a 15ppg guy with almost hallow stat-line anyday 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vyun said:

Both hot trash. Look harder kids

Lets hear your two cents about WW I can pick that will provide better RoS value than PJ on competitive 12-team league.
come on champ, enlighten us.

9 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

Lets hear your two cents about WW I can pick that will provide better RoS value than PJ on competitive 12-team league.
come on champ, enlighten us.

The guys who do this can't do that, because they're used to instagram where they can get away with one liner trash without getting called out because no one sifts through 50,000 comments. They learn their lesson when they come to an actual discussion forum and realize oh wait I'm pretty dumb and I'm not actually adding anything.

Hes just become available for me..... should I value him higher than any of Draymond Green, TJ Warren or Larry Nance? My teams pretty well rounded not desperate for a particular cat

5 minutes ago, pootbrah said:

Hes just become available for me..... should I value him higher than any of Draymond Green, TJ Warren or Larry Nance? My teams pretty well rounded not desperate for a particular cat

AC forum, and yes I value him ahead of all those guys but he’s on par with nance depending on your needs.

if you need steals boards and efficiency Nance, if you covet blocks and triple 1 more then Washington.

Just got him from the waiver. Even if he’s in a brutal slump the 1/1/1 is still there. They should trade inefficient Rozier. Make plays for miles and PJ (I got both of them from the wire). If you play roto patience is required here. Their outlook is still way better than most WW guys. 

He's not the right fit for anyone who treats November like sudden death fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Just got him from the waiver. Even if he’s in a brutal slump the 1/1/1 is still there. They should trade inefficient Rozier. Make plays for miles and PJ (I got both of them from the wire). If you play roto patience is required here. Their outlook is still way better than most WW guys. 

Even if they actually want to trade Rozier (they just signed him to a huge deal) who else would trade anything for him? and by anything we're talking about $20M/yr worth of player(s)

12 minutes ago, Bigballers4life said:

Worth using the number 1 waiver spot in a 12 man league, recently dropped?

Depends if you have a stream spot. He’s going to be a headache to own based on coach language about limiting his minutes, lack of involvement with ball hogs on the team, foul trouble and rookie blues. He could end up sorting a lot of it out by playoffs time but it’s going to be a headache until then. 

2 hours ago, Bigballers4life said:

Worth using the number 1 waiver spot in a 12 man league, recently dropped?

I wouldn't, he's providing small positive value in steals, blocks and FG% but is pretty negative in points, rebounds, assists and FT%. He might be worth a pickup but I wouldn't burn a top waiver, would rather keep that for when a star goes down and their usage transfers to someone.

Seems like he has been bricking a lot of his shots and FT's.

Looks like he was only  mid 60% on FT's in college.

FG% for two yrs was 52% .

Shot 42% on 3Ptrs his last year in college. 33/78. 

I'm not seeing his games, but I get the impression he is not finishing well around the basket. His stats from his last was 1-7 on FG, with the 1 being a 3ptr.

Looks like he fills the other categories pretty well for stl,ast,blks and rebs.

Except for his FG% and FT%, I think he is doing pretty well adapting to the rigors of NBA coming from college.

It does not look like the FT% is an aberration and will be with him for a while. He was 118/178 his last year in college.

When he is not in foul trouble, he seems to be getting minutes.  So for me the jury is still out.

• Like 1