heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, samer42 said:

He is a drop to me. He will have a big game intermittently, but the consistency just will not be there this year 

...thought Ms. Cleo took her crystal ball with her when she departed this dear life, only to find out she left it with her discipline, you.  Bottom line is, none of us can foresee how Washington will be performing 2 to 3 months down the road.  Show me another player ranked in the top 60 for the year who you’ll be willing to cut this deep in the season barring injuries. NONE

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

...thought Ms. Cleo took her crystal ball with her when she departed this dear life, only to find out she left it with her discipline, you.  Bottom line is, none of us can foresee how Washington will be performing 2 to 3 months down the road.  Show me another player ranked in the top 60 for the year who you’ll be willing to cut this deep in the season barring injuries. NONE

ESPN's player rater has him top 60, which is inflated from flukey high stocks games and low TOs which are a product of lower production overall. Other algorithms I've seen barely have him as a top 100 player, and if you assign less weight to TOs (again, guys who are underproducing like Washington and MitchRob have their total values inflated by low TOs) then he's outside the top 100 and is continuing to trend downward. 

https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-rankings 

45 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Show me another player ranked in the top 60 for the year who you’ll be willing to cut this deep in the season barring injuries. NONE

That's a pretty weak argument.  Monster has him rated at #94 for the season, #147 the last two weeks.   I don't have anyone that I'd drop him for right now, but that can change with injuries, or someone new stepping it up, and it depends on what you need.  

2 hours ago, samer42 said:

ESPN's player rater has him top 60, which is inflated from flukey high stocks games and low TOs which are a product of lower production overall. Other algorithms I've seen barely have him as a top 100 player, and if you assign less weight to TOs (again, guys who are underproducing like Washington and MitchRob have their total values inflated by low TOs) then he's outside the top 100 and is continuing to trend downward. 

https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-rankings 

I am confused  where you see his trend downward.  https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-rankings 

If you have TO assigned 0.25 value (minimal possible value ) then PJ is ranked (per game)

last week -  104th

last 2 weeks - 159th

last month - 125th

season - 97th

If anything this tells me that he is a rookie and that his rankings will have  peaks and valleys all season long.   and it seems that his season long ranking will be around 100.   Unless you are in 8 team league he is a strong hold imo.  He barely has any competition for minutes, other than team  deciding to keep his minutes under 30 and occasional foul trouble. Come fantasy playoffs he will be on many championship teams  when  he gets unleashed and Hornets are playing for ping pong balls

Edited by Gile Pile

People so caught up on rankings. Who cares what the rank says look at his game log since November 18th and you will find that only two of those games was not a dud. Every other game was trash. He is droppable now in 12 steamers if you have something good on the wire. 

7 minutes ago, richg24 said:

People so caught up on rankings. Who cares what the rank says look at his game log since November 18th and you will find that only two of those games was not a dud. Every other game was trash. He is droppable now in 12 steamers if you have something good on the wire. 

This.

3 hours ago, richg24 said:

Heh, as someone who REALLY loves using rankings (with the caveat that one should apply context and time into the rankings) as a player value metric, I STILL agree with you on this one.  Yeah, he's a rookie and he'll have ups and downs, but it's proven that his coach isn't afraid to move away from him and give his minutes to Marv Will or others, whether due to PJW's foul troubles or his coach's unwillingness to overtax a rookie with heavy minutes.  Sure, he definitely has the potential to reward owners late in the season.  It really depends on whether you're willing to wait that long and how much you value his upside over a comparable player who can immediately produce now.

Again, whether to add or drop him is incredibly subjective depending on team needs, league size, who's on the wire/who you're dropping, but at least for me, I'm definitely scouring the wire for options.

17 hours ago, kane said:

Warren in FA pool?LOL

My team's coming first by a fair bit as Warren was my least valued player in 12team. The rest of the league has obviously caught up a little with my blunder of viewing this thread.

Clearly having some ups and downs, but contributing well. Bad % but nice all-around game yesterday w/ 9/5/3/1/1/1

Stocks ❤️

Might be good in cats but he’s pretty meh in points leagues lately.  Lots of sub 20 point outings, which is trash.

2 blocks and 2 treys. Played as a five also, at least had a number of matchups vs Deandre Jordan on both ends. Hopefully picks up C eligibility on ESPN

How not to love him.

• Like 4

I’m still holding and chilling. Fine with the ups and downs. Unless he drastically loses mins for a long stretch of time or something, will prob continue to be on my roster. 

He's pleasantly aggressive tonight, driving to the paint and expecting contact. Free throws look surprisingly good too. Looks solid on defense too. Nice dishes. Unsurprisingly, he has the best +/- for the team.

Interesting rotations, where he starts but plays a good bulk of minutes with the bench unit. Is it to get him more usage? I don't watch the Hornets enough

Edit - I don't see him on the bench. I'm guessing he's already in the locker room getting his ankle iced and wrapped. He seemed to look ok after the sprain though

Edited by hoop

He landed awkwardly on a drive (on his own foot)

Didn't look to be serious and he went to the locker room w not much (if any) of a limp 

Hopefully the game being out of reach was the reason he was ruled out 

• Thanks 4