heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

He should be getting 30+ minutes as long as that ankle is recovered w Marvin being bought 

Cody Martin who been getting minutes in the high 20s is also out w a concussion that also happened to cause a broken nose so who knows how long we will be out for

I also seen the coach say that Miles Bridges seem to play better at PF so hopefully that means PJ sees more time at the 5 which should give him more opportunities to block (and foul lol)

29 minutes ago, dont_panic said:

He's too inconsistent this year, probably drop city

He is a hold in 12 team+... don't have anyone in ww with his upside come 2nd half of this season.

7 minutes ago, reverb said:

This is pretty frustrating. 

why? I'm happy with that line. Could be better but not disaster as u make it sound. he just got back, wait till after as break

Edited by atlantadynasty

40 minutes ago, reverb said:

This is pretty frustrating. 

4 stocks are frustrating?

Potential through the roof. I’m trynna figure out who has a better ROS Wagner or a guy like pj. Realistically, pj is gonna be getting 30+ a night later on in the year + they’re gonna let him take however many shots he wants. This kid looks solid ROS 

2 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Potential through the roof. I’m trynna figure out who has a better ROS Wagner or a guy like pj. Realistically, pj is gonna be getting 30+ a night later on in the year + they’re gonna let him take however many shots he wants. This kid looks solid ROS 

PJ is the more sure thing as of now in terms of minutes.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

It is frustrating understandably. PJ and Wagner are similar in their current value while PJ gets more minutes. (5-10 min)

PJ's consistency is also worse than Wagner given the games so far this year. Actually, he is barely roster-worthy in 12-team leagues -- Bad fg% ft% TO scoring

It's when he fills the stat sheet with 3 3's 3 steals and 2 blocks, that gets owners hooked up.

The only base to hope for is the more minutes after the break but he still has Bridges as a big barrier for max production.

It's not so crazy to drop this dude for players on waiver. He is only an okay stash.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

18 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

why? I'm happy with that line. Could be better but not disaster as u make it sound. he just got back, wait till after as break

I guess he spoiled us early on with the scoring and 3s that accompanies the stocks, Rebs. 

11 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

have to bench one tomorrow ... hes sitting 🙏😔

Against the Wolves? No no it's basically an all star game.

27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Against the Wolves? No no it's basically an all star game.

between dedmon and/or Washington homie :( been liking the blocks hes been providing.. vsing a team that's full of rebounders and somewhat high blocks.. want to make sure I keep it competitive in that department 

10 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

between dedmon and/or Washington homie :( been liking the blocks hes been providing.. vsing a team that's full of rebounders and somewhat high blocks.. want to make sure I keep it competitive in that department 

Think they're pretty even, PJ was back in the starting lineup last game against the Pistons FWIW, I'd start him over Dedmon.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Watched the game last night.  The only positive was 9 rebs. The bad was 1/8 FG and 0/3 from 3pt. The rest of the team shot 47% and 41% from 3pt.

He had 30 minutes and didn't do much against a bad Wolves defense.

Possibly still affected by the right ankle sprain. Possibly rookie wall. It would be wise to hold until after the ASG and assess then. If he turns up on a WW I'll be adding to see what happens after the ASG.

“Man, after I play Friday I’m not doing nothing until practice (next Tuesday),” Washington said Wednesday. “I knew it was going to be a lot of games. I didn’t know it would wear on my body like this. Obviously I’ve been in the training room getting my body right. But I think this break is definitely going to be good for me just getting off my feet and not worrying about basketball.”

He is just tired, very tired.

Edited by RipCity0

19 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

“Man, after I play Friday I’m not doing nothing until practice (next Tuesday),” Washington said Wednesday. “I knew it was going to be a lot of games. I didn’t know it would wear on my body like this. Obviously I’ve been in the training room getting my body right. But I think this break is definitely going to be good for me just getting off my feet and not worrying about basketball.”

He is just tired, very tired.

ASB will be a nice rest, though can we rely on him to be "unleashed" down the stretch if he's hitting a fatigue wall already? Between recent performances and injuries, he's been a waste of roster space since late December. His season numbers are something like 11.7 / 5.5 / 2 / 0.8 / 0.7 on shaky percentages and plenty of minutes (30), so idk if his upside is as massive as his hot start suggested. Don't wanna drop him but he'll be on my chopping block as playoffs approach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has been "unleashed" all season. Just does not have it yet in his rookie year. Next year maybe. Now its Monk and Bridges show behind Graham.

8 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

He has been "unleashed" all season. Just does not have it yet in his rookie year. Next year maybe. Now its Monk and Bridges show behind Graham.

I agree. The problem is, the moment I drop him he'll go on a ROY-level tear, and nothing burns quite like riding a player out until the worst possible moment. This probably won't happen, but makes it tougher to jump ship on my 'big' November pickup. I guess we're at a point in the season where loyalty to potential upside becomes less valuable than objectively evaluating their numbers, aka time to stop being so damn clingy.

• Like 2

Coach said he needs to find ways to involve him more in the offense. Think he’ll be more aggressive second half 

1 hour ago, mattshhh said:

I agree. The problem is, the moment I drop him he'll go on a ROY-level tear, and nothing burns quite like riding a player out until the worst possible moment. This probably won't happen, but makes it tougher to jump ship on my 'big' November pickup. I guess we're at a point in the season where loyalty to potential upside becomes less valuable than objectively evaluating their numbers, aka time to stop being so damn clingy.

This sounds about exactly where I'm at with him, I'm in 2nd and right the heels of 1st place team. All the stats say I should cut bait but I just fear the second I do he starts to put it all together...gonna give him another week or so. But I'm starting to cyclops some replacements lol