heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

Wanted him but he got snatched as I didn't know exactly who to drop. Could've dropped Fournier but I felt this year can be a bounce back top 70 year for him.

If you have anyone on your team that you feel will just provide borderline top 100 production, won't hurt to drop to see how it goes with PJ. The traditional notion of not owning rookies or not trusting rookies is slowly eroding away as college programs get more suited to the modern NBA...

9 minutes ago, danny__boy said:

Quick question, whats the hype about him? what does he do good in what cats? sorry.

If he starts, he can be a triple-1 threat. Potential line: 12 points, 1.5 3pm, 5.5 rebs, 1.3 steals, 1.25 blks on 50%/81%

^ he’s getting some dimes too, I got him good for 2.5. Its not amazing but down the line if he gets C elig in small ball lineups it starts having more value.

5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

If he starts, he can be a triple-1 threat. Potential line: 12 points, 1.5 3pm, 5.5 rebs, 1.3 steals, 1.25 blks on 50%/81%

Nice, he would fit well on my team, i guess i gotta drop pj tucker lol

15 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Do you guys think he will hit 81% from the FT line? I understand he was 81% during preseason (on 11 total shots), but his FT% during college were in the 60s.

I would probably think he would be around the low 70s if there was an improvement.  

Also, his steal and block rate from preseason is a bit misconstrued. 4/5  steals and 2/3 blocks came from one game against Philly. 4 out of 5 games he only averages 0.25 blocks and 0.25 steals. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk
zz
  • Like 1

I drafted him and all, but this hype is out of hands guys. Don't make him THAT guy this season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I drafted him and all, but this hype is out of hands guys. Don't make him THAT guy this season.

Almost everyone is unanimously saying 12/5+/2/1/1/1, you consider that hype? 

5 hours ago, danny__boy said:

Nice, he would fit well on my team, i guess i gotta drop pj tucker lol

The great PJ exchange of 2019!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

yeah they literally asked who should I take Washington or looney.. Christ..

Champ, I commented on the guy brought up in the thread. You the man, won't happen again. This is a safe space.

6 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

So PJ will be better then Rui?

Pulled the trigger and dropped Jerami grant for him. They seem pretty comparable from a stat-line perspective but I was worried about Grants minutes and wanted to get some hype on my team

• Like 1

5 pages and haven't played yet a single regular season game. Hopefully y'all don't get depressed if he plays only 19 mins first game 

1 hour ago, GrandPa said:

No one knows, but both will have the opportunity to showcase their ability throughout the season. I like PJ better as he's more versatile IMO. I don't doubt that RUI will be flirting close to a DD though, but with Bryant developing so well with who knows :S

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrandPa said:

idk, no one does, I do think Rui has a real chance of being ROY

PJ does too like any rookie, and I think he is very talented, I'd choose Rui over PJ but get both! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dfstout said:

idk, no one does, I do think Rui has a real chance of being ROY

PJ does too like any rookie, and I think he is very talented, I'd choose Rui over PJ but get both! 

I play h2h 16 team,and i dont have room to error))My last pick its Rui and Herro.Really wanna add PJ or Thybulle,but cannot)

23 minutes ago, GrandPa said:

I play h2h 16 team,and i dont have room to error))My last pick its Rui and Herro.Really wanna add PJ or Thybulle,but cannot)

I'd keep RUI and Herro for now man! Honestly all four are probably going to do great this year though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrandPa said:

I think so.  He already is.  I don't know statistically / fantasy wise.  But as a pure basketball player PJ is miles ahead of Rui.

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I think so.  He already is.  I don't know statistically / fantasy wise.  But as a pure basketball player PJ is miles ahead of Rui.

Thx bro,this season will be great,draft gave a lot of talent

5 hours ago, lvlelvlo said:

Need some big man depth, should I drop Ross, Danny Green or Norman Powell for him?

How about wait for after the game tonight?