MilesBridgesBetterThanZion

Devonte' Graham 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

This dude is legit.

He’s pulling up like he’s Lillard.

This new offense for Charlotte is very fantasy friendly. It looks just like BKN’s.

4 3s 14 pts and still 2 min to go before the half.

he won’t shoot this good all year but he has a path to 6th man minutes and two guard lineups.

What do you think, top 125 potential? Top 100?

37 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

That's why I indicated that it was a flip from last game.

He's down to -28. Gotta assume he's not much of a defender

Well, to be fair, Graham isn't gonna stop Towns from dropping 38 lmao. Not much a PG can do about that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dfstout said:

So he said he watched a lot of Lillard to study from in offseason n camp...good eye...hes lil' Lillard!

yeah I made that same point earlier in this thread. He had a move in the first game where I instantly reacted because I felt like it was Lillard.

It was a behind the back stop on a dime dribble to split the defense and finished with a scoop underhand layup, but that’s not what caught my eye. What caught my eye was when he brought it past the half court line he did a little hesitation where he perked his head up like he’s going to pass it off laterally to another guard, as soon as he did that, the big man reacted and twitched, he then drove forward and that’s when they tried to trap him and he split the pick..

THE only guy who does that in the league is Lillard, it’s a stop and go where you do a little perk up with your head/body and you can either cross, pass off, or stop and drive, and it’s very hard for big men to react because they’re too slow to know which one it’s going to be, it’s very useful for guys with a quick first step like Lillard and Graham.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

yeah I made that same point earlier in this thread. He had a move in the first game where I instantly reacted because I felt like it was Lillard.

It was a behind the back stop on a dime dribble to split the defense and finished with a scoop underhand layup, but that’s not what caught my eye. What caught my eye was when he brought it past the half court line he did a little hesitation where he perked his head up like he’s going to pass it off laterally to another guard, as soon as he did that, the big man reacted and twitched, he then drove forward and that’s when they tried to trap him and he split the pick..

THE only guy who does that in the league is Lillard, it’s a stop and go where you do a little perk up with your head/body and you can either cross, pass off, or stop and drive, and it’s very hard for big men to react because they’re too slow to know which one it’s going to be, it’s very useful for guys with a quick first step like Lillard and Graham.

Well heres to hopefully scoopin new Lillard off the wire!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Don't tease me like that lol- I will gladly take something like 13 pts 2 3's 4 assts 

• Like 1

I was impressed watching the game. Did not know much about this guy. Hornets have some good looking young talent.

Rosier got into foul trouble and only played 17 min. But in 17 min, put up 11pts and 10 ast.  

Graham was great from 3, going 6/9.

I'm glad I'm not a Rozier owner. I'd be a little nervous about this guy competing for Rozier's minutes.

40 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I was impressed watching the game. Did not know much about this guy. Hornets have some good looking young talent.

Rosier got into foul trouble and only played 17 min. But in 17 min, put up 11pts and 10 ast.  

Graham was great from 3, going 6/9.

I'm glad I'm not a Rozier owner. I'd be a little nervous about this guy competing for Rozier's minutes.

They're also playing on the court together. Gallagher pointed out that he already played small ball next to Rozier the first game, and last year he played up to 7 minutes a game next to Kemba. 

Twelve threes in two games, I can already see myself complaining when he hits "only" half.

• Haha 2

Coach James Borrego is expected to play guards Devonte Graham and Terry Rozier more together moving forward.

"We can play them together," Borrego said following Friday's game. "We can play Terry off the ball some with [Devonte] out there. We’ll look at that lineup. We played it some tonight." Through two games, the two point guards have shared the floor for 12 total minutes. Interestingly, Rozier has yet to score in those minutes. With Nic Batum out for the next 4-6 weeks, playing the two guards together will be a little bit easier. For those that were able to snag Graham off the wire already, this is a great development. If he's somehow still available in your league, go grab him before it's too late.

Sidenote: its beeen tooo late in my league...scooooped

• Like 1

Love this guy and he’s available in my league but I already have Ball, Simmons, Dame and D. Murray. Could drop Justise Winslow but he does everything  

Hell Yeah!  So what are we thinking when the FG and 3's stop going in?  Or are they going to stop going in???  😎

40 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Hell Yeah!  So what are we thinking when the FG and 3's stop going in?  Or are they going to stop going in???  😎

FG% is going to drop for sure, but he gets enough shots to average around two threes per game IMO. 

1 minute ago, Mad Luke said:

FG% is going to drop for sure, but he gets enough shots to average around two threes per game IMO. 

Agreed he’ll be good for triples and dimes

On 10/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, dfstout said:

he’s starting to take over the PG role, they didn’t play Rozier the entire half..

Just now, Lifschitz said:

he’s starting to take over the PG role, they didn’t play Rozier the entire half..

Never insult Dame like that again. Rozier started and obviously played this half... he’s just in foul trouble again 

Just now, Lifschitz said:

Rozier foul trouble

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

Rozier foul trouble

I was too lazy to check the box score but thought that might be why. By half I meant 2nd q.

Either way, this guy is consistently in there when it matters. 

whether it’s Rozier missing, foul trouble, or not leading the unit well, Graham has Charlotte competing in all these games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I was too lazy to check the box score but thought that might be why. By half I meant 2nd q.

Either way, this guy is consistently in there when it matters. 

whether it’s Rozier missing, foul trouble, or not leading the unit well, Graham has Charlotte competing in all these games.

Rough game so far for Graham but him and rozier still about even in minutes in the first half of this game. 

9 minutes ago, MidnightExpress said:

Rough game so far for Graham but him and rozier still about even in minutes in the first half of this game. 

the Lakers have much better defense this year, so I’m not concerned. The key is minutes, usage, and even if he has an off night the overall line still comes in decent. He still has time to get the line better even so.

OMG he just crossed Quin Cook so bad and made him fall and they called offensive foul, what a JOKE

• Like 1