MilesBridgesBetterThanZion

Devonte' Graham 2019-2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Scary Terry robbed Jordan

Its funny how MJ is the great basketball mind the sport has seen, but the guy cant evaluate talent and build a team for the life of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

anyone knows why this guy doesn't start over Rozier???

Cause the Hornets invested A LOT of money into Rozier over the summer.  

15 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

anyone knows why this guy doesn't start over Rozier???

There's 58 million reasons why Rozier is going to be given every opportunity to be a productive starter in CHA.  All that really matters for Graham though is gets ample PT to put up his numbers, which he has thus far.  He has not played less than 30 minutes in the last 5 games -- he's in a good spot right now on a young CHA team that is focused on developing their youngsters, scary sunk cost contract and all. 

Cant even trade this guy for Dwight Powell even after his terrible 1 point, 5 reb game last night. Hornets are so bad, Graham is gonna be forced to be aggressive which will only hurt his fg%. Thats my guess as to why no one wants him.

13 hours ago, 80version said:

There's 58 million reasons why Rozier is going to be given every opportunity to be a productive starter in CHA.  All that really matters for Graham though is gets ample PT to put up his numbers, which he has thus far.  He has not played less than 30 minutes in the last 5 games -- he's in a good spot right now on a young CHA team that is focused on developing their youngsters, scary sunk cost contract and all. 

and what matters the most is, whenever he's on the court, the ball is always in his hands.

I like how hes playing so smart, steady, and in control. He's not forcing the issue, instead getting defenders to bite on pump fakes multiple times this game to get to the ft line. I mean 9 ft attempts in 1st half, most off pump fakes on jumpers, thats great work.

• Like 3

What i dont like is how hes leading the team in points, assists, ft attempts at the half, and yet they make him come off the bench to start 2nd half. He was clearly in rhythm, they shouldve let him come out with the starters in second half and make Rozier come off the bench.

21 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

I think I was offered him in return for Thybulle at one point early on. I am a fool.

Wow that hurt. I had a chance to grab him instead I went for Pj Washington. I could use the assist.

1 minute ago, bmoney0111 said:

Wow that hurt. I had a chance to grab him instead I went for Pj Washington. I could use the assist.

I think I thought having more than 2 Hornets wouldn't fly, so I didn't even grab him from the wire either. Oh well.

20 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

OG Anunoby

OG was drafted in a lot more leagues than Devonte was tbf. Devonte began the year at like 6% ownership and is now 71% owned, and I believe OG was 55% owned when drafts completed. That's a big gap. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

I can't see how anybody else could be waiver wire pick up of the year.

Tristan is right up there with him. In one league I got both! But yea I assume Graham had much less of a draft rate than Thompson did 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:30 PM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

This is eerily similar to snagging Donovan in his rookie season. Beast. 

Agree. Even cooler is the fact that they were high school teammates at Brewster Academy in '13-'14. Dtae is so legit, can't wait to see what he does the rest of this year.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

This is eerily similar to snagging Donovan in his rookie season. Beast. 

I felt the same thing. He has exactly the same even keeled demeanor. I saw that look and chose poorly with Donovan his rookie year, so I knew not to pass on Graham when I saw it on the first game of this season.