Sign in to follow this  
Kizzel

PPR: James White for Jamaal Williams

The Aaron Jones owner sent me James White for Jamaal Williams. Do I take it and run? White would be coming to me. 

Williams value is based on Jones' health. If Jones stays healthy White is much more valuable. If Jones were to miss time Williams would be  lot more valuable than White. NE RBs are headache in general. The Jones owner came to you right? I'd ask for more, a better RB/player. 

Edited by keven
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keven said:

Williams value is based on Jones' health. If Jones stays healthy White is much more valuable. If Jones were to miss time Williams would be  lot more valuable than White. NE RBs are headache in general. The Jones owner came to you right? I'd ask for more, a better RB/player. 

james white was rb8 in my 0.5ppr format last year... this year he's been a rock solid but unspectacular RB2. jamal williams has had the main gig before and done squat... he looked fine Monday night but i dont think he's a lock to put up aaron jones production if jones were to miss time..... you're letting recency bias get the way

2 minutes ago, boredster said:

james white was rb8 in my 0.5ppr format last year... this year he's been a rock solid but unspectacular RB2. jamal williams has had the main gig before and done squat... he looked fine Monday night but i dont think he's a lock to put up aaron jones production if jones were to miss time..... you're letting recency bias get the way

I get it. The only player in PPR I'd feel comfortable owning on the Pats is Edelman. White has a few spectacular games every year. But there is Michel to feed and Burkhead lurking, you never know when White will have those big games. And then there is the vulture Bolden. If Jones went down I'd much rather have Williams. The other owner is fishing for Williams make him pay. If he's offering White he'll go higher. If not you have his insurance. It does depend on the rosters as they stand. In a vacuum it makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, keven said:

I get it. The only player in PPR I'd feel comfortable owning on the Pats is Edelman. White has a few spectacular games every year. But there is Michel to feed and Burkhead lurking, you never know when White will have those big games. And then there is the vulture Bolden. If Jones went down I'd much rather have Williams. The other owner is fishing for Williams make him pay. If he's offering White he'll go higher. If not you have his insurance. It does depend on the rosters as they stand. In a vacuum it makes sense. 

he'd have to be pretty dumb to pay more than what he is already offering in white. btw, last year white had 4 games less than 10 pts, 4 games more than 20 pts, the other 8 were all double digit... there's a reason he finished the year as a top 10 RB. this year in ppr he's been over 10 every week.... id much rather have that guarenteed 10 points than have a lotto ticket of a player in williams who seems to be just above JAG ability/talent

Edited by boredster