kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

Not bad actually. In a league where I own both him and Ayton I am in 3rd placeish. I wish there were updates as to how theses guys were doing in terms of conditioning drills etc

26 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

So how's life for those who held onto Collins? I sucked it up and just done my best to make up for it by maximizing my wire pick ups every week and I'm currently sitting 1st on my league.

Only 4 more weeks :)

Undefeated in my dynasty league where he is in my IR (Fantrax).

The other league was an eight team league so I dropped him. Looking to pick him up soon though. 

I thought about dropping him as soon as it happened in my 14-team league and then repicking him halfway through, but there's always some dumbass who will pick him without knowing what they are getting themselves into and will end dead last.

Not bad.  I tied my last match up (honestly i should have won. I was up for most of the week), and I'm on my way to winning this match up right now (I'm against the Ayton team though, so it's an easy one).

Thanksgiving week should be ok as most days that ATL are playing will be fully rostered days even with Collins on the bench.

I'm just trying to be extremely aggressive on streaming, and it's ok.  What I don't like is keeping this streaming spot for short term adds and basically foregoing long term upside guys.

2 hours ago, DZaak said:

Not bad.  I tied my last match up (honestly i should have won. I was up for most of the week), and I'm on my way to winning this match up right now (I'm against the Ayton team though, so it's an easy one).

Thanksgiving week should be ok as most days that ATL are playing will be fully rostered days even with Collins on the bench.

I'm just trying to be extremely aggressive on streaming, and it's ok.  What I don't like is keeping this streaming spot for short term adds and basically foregoing long term upside guys.

Well, you can't really have the cake and eat it too. I think streaming aggressively is the only way to survive when you are playing with one less player, even more so when its one of your top 3 players.

I had to let go of Fultz to keep that streaming spot available and I hated myself for it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

4 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

So how's life for those who held onto Collins? I sucked it up and just done my best to make up for it by maximizing my wire pick ups every week and I'm currently sitting 1st on my league.

I actually traded for Collins soon after the suspension (got him for the cheap cheap price of 1 Cody Zeller lol). Floating in the 5-7th spot. Also have injuries to Zion and Otto Porter, so late Dec onwards, my team’s gonna be kinda stacked.

29 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

I actually traded for Collins soon after the suspension (got him for the cheap cheap price of 1 Cody Zeller lol). Floating in the 5-7th spot. Also have injuries to Zion and Otto Porter, so late Dec onwards, my team’s gonna be kinda stacked.

Traded him for Jarrett Allen last week as well. There's no way he was going on the wire in my league. 

Eh, floating around the middle of the pack, but that's also been because of dealing with other injuries as well.  I feel like things could certainly be going a lot worse and am not too disappointed in having 5-4 or 4-5 weeks.  Just trying to stay afloat until he gets back, and waiting for Hayward to come off IR.  If both happen around the same time in December I expect my team to take off.

Just gotta stay alive and reap the benefits in due time guys.

18 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

I'm somehow sitting in 1st place with Collins/hayward/kyrie out. Each week that I get a W is massive. Let's gooo Collins. 

1 hour ago, vyun said:

Cool story kid

Well he asked how ppl were doing that hung onto him, don't throw shade my way for answering. 

• Like 3

Just now, mmcc1029 said:

Well he asked how ppl were doing that hung onto him, don't throw shade my way for answering. 

Don't worry. That dude just sounds weirdly salty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

I'm barely first place. I've been fortunate. Three players are returning first-round value atm (KAT, Doncic, and Isaac). And FVV has broken into the second round.

Looking forward to an Xmas present in the form of Collins' return

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmcc1029 said:

Add him to your ignore list and the forums will be much more pleasant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im in a good position (5-0) so I traded Jaylen Brown and TJ Warren to get this guy. Hope he comes back with a chip on his shoulders.

17 hours ago, DrKalikot said:

Im in a good position (5-0) so I traded Jaylen Brown and TJ Warren to get this guy. Hope he comes back with a chip on his shoulders.

Lol why with a chip on his shoulders? He just got caught, unlucky

To chime in on how it’s going. One league it’s Fantrax 12 team 3 bench was able to IR currently in 4th and up 6-2 right now. If that holds I’ll be 8 games over .500. Another is a 14 with 5 bench on yahoo first week was going badly down 7-2 but salvaged on Sunday and only lost 5-4. Last two weeks won 5-4 and currently up 6-3. If it holds I’ll be 5 games over .500. So it’s not going too bad so far.

Currently 4-1, tight matchup this week though. Should still be able to readily compete for playoffs despite his absence. Only regret was trading Wiggins for him at the start of his suspension thinking I bought low - I could’ve offered someone like Miles Bridges instead.

18 minutes ago, idanking said:

is it realistic to expect once he retruns?:

22 pts, 11, 1.5 3's, 1 stl, 1.5 blk?

Lol. No. The 5 games he played where he's ranked 2nd round, he was 17 points / 1.8 3s / 8.8 rebs/ 1.6 assists / 1.0 steals / 2.0 blocks. And even this I think is unsustainable (specifically the blocks). 

I think he will be around 17 points / 1.5 3s / 1.5 assists / 0.7 steals / 1 block 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook