kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

31 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Why would anyone?

Injuries. I traded for him with House/Jarrett Allen to a team that was decimated with injuries. House was killing it, but thought I sold low on Allen when he was slumping. But this has been a very pleasant surprise. Looks like I won that trade, especially when Kyrie eventually comes back and stops all ball movement for the Nets. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

I traded him for Fox. Before Fox sprained his ankle. I thought the difference in GP would make up for the difference in value. Fox promptly missed 17 games right after, and killed any benefit I was getting from the trade . *sigh* . I'll appreciate JC from afar, and will always imagine what could've been (I have Gobert, Embiid and Turner in my 12-man league)

6 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I traded him for Fox. Before Fox sprained his ankle. I thought the difference in GP would make up for the difference in value. Fox promptly missed 17 games right after, and killed any benefit I was getting from the trade . *sigh* . I'll appreciate JC from afar, and will always imagine what could've been (I have Gobert, Embiid and Turner in my 12-man league)

Points league? Fox was drafted way higher than JC 

20 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Points league? Fox was drafted way higher than JC 

Nope, 9-cat. I actually drafted JC after Fox, but he was clearly outplaying him to start the season. Then boom, 25-games 

First it was steven adams, then dedmon. Now it’s drummond. Hawks are in hot pursuit of a starting center to pair with collins.

Any insights on how this will impact his production? His value right now comes from primary big man stats—reb, blks, fg%—all of which could be in danger with the addition of a solid starting center.

1 minute ago, simon said:

First it was steven adams, then dedmon. Now it’s drummond. Hawks are in hot pursuit of a starting center to pair with collins.

Any insights on how this will impact his production? His value right now comes from primary big man stats—reb, blks, fg%—all of which could be in danger with the addition of a solid starting center.

I'd expect the add of Drummond or Adams to result in an immediate massive reduction in fg% impact, reb and blocks. I'd also expect him to be more perimeter oriented, esp if they add Drummond. A new C add is not a good look for his value an in fact may be catastrophic. Owners should be we-we'ing in their pants. 

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Do the Hawks really think adding Drummond/Adams will put them in playoff contention? LOL

i dont think thats the question to ask lol

Collins and Drummond are an awful fit together offensively with how much Drummond clogs the paint and how much Collins wants to drive to the rim. 

Griffin and Drummond hasn’t worked either and Collins is a poor mans (peak) Blake. 

4 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Collins and Drummond are an awful fit together offensively with how much Drummond clogs the paint and how much Collins wants to drive to the rim. 

Griffin and Drummond hasn’t worked either and Collins is a poor mans (peak) Blake. 

Agreed man... drummond looks so useless whenever blake touches the ball cause you know he generally plays iso whenever he gets the touches. Rather see a constant pick and roll 

Drummond-Blake hasn’t worked because of injuries, poor coaching and not having an elite playmaker as point guard. Trae, Drummond and Collins would be a solid core since Collins can stretch the floor and hit threes 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

He must be going if they acquire drummond ?

Drummond could end up being a rental no way they include Collins. Probably looking at red velvet, Len, Crabbe and picks?

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Drummond could end up being a rental no way they include Collins. Probably looking at red velvet, Len, Crabbe and picks?

I actually like the idea of LEN going ... he's definitely worth the flier. 

Posted (edited)

The Hawks are 15th seed in the Eastern Conference right now.  Drummond isn't going to change that situation. The only way they trade for him is if they are guaranteed he will sign an extension or opt in next year.  

Edited by mbroo5880i

3 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I actually like the idea of LEN going ... he's definitely worth the flier. 

They’d have to include him to match salaries I’m pretty sure. Very odd that Atlanta is interested given he’s opting out as the only real big fish this offseason. Adams is a better fit imo he doesn’t have to be relied on to score and is under contract 

13 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They’d have to include him to match salaries I’m pretty sure. Very odd that Atlanta is interested given he’s opting out as the only real big fish this offseason. Adams is a better fit imo he doesn’t have to be relied on to score and is under contract 

They dont have to include Len. They have other salaries to match, including Crabbe, Evan Turner and Parsons. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

He must be going if they acquire drummond ?

I think absolutely no chance Collins gets sent. If this trade happens, they'll probably send Parsons or someone else for Pistons' cap relief. And if they have to give up a young player, it'd have to be someone not named Trae or Collins

If Drummond comes over, fantasy-wise, I think best case is Collins produces similarly to JJJ. Floating around the perimeter more and jacking up more threes, but still occasional small-ball 5 and post-ups. Stocks here and there. Best-case, he's as efficient as JJJ too.

Worst-case, his efficiency, boards, and blocks and overall production take a big hit...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

They dont have to include Len. They have other salaries to match, including Crabbe, Evan Turner and Parsons. 

Why would Detroit take any of those guys? Are they UFA? Len could start in Detroit 

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Why would Detroit take any of those guys? Are they UFA? Len could start in Detroit 

They would take one of those guys for salary filler, plus one of Reddish, Huerter, Hunter and/or picks

37 minutes ago, hoop said:

If Drummond comes over, fantasy-wise, I think best case is Collins produces similarly to JJJ. Floating around the perimeter more and jacking up more threes, but still occasional small-ball 5 and post-ups. Stocks here and there. Best-case, he's as efficient as JJJ too.

Worst-case, his efficiency, boards, and blocks and overall production take a big hit...

Basically what he was last season, but more 3s regardless.

• Like 1