kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

I dunno quite how the minutes will quite  shake out yet. But I believe this is the best chance for Bruno Fernando to break out... He’s a really really deep sleeper type...didn’t think he would be given a chance until the second half of season..this JC situation just accelerated his sleeper process lol. 

Could be a chance he uses this added playtime to possibly overtake Len for his mins completely...at the very least I’m streaming these b2b games lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

I dunno quite how the minutes will quite  shake out yet. But I believe this is the best chance for Bruno Fernando to break out... He’s a really really deep sleeper type...didn’t think he would be given a chance until the second half of season..this JC situation just accelerated his sleeper process lol. 

Could be a chance he uses this added playtime to possibly overtake Len for his mins completely...at the very least I’m streaming these b2b games lol

worst case scenario is that Collins was sharing with Fernando and he gets popped as well lol

Is he gonna get an INJ tag? If he is, i’ll try to trade for him. 

Edited by seeL
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shkodran_plako said:

Wow this is terrible,  half of my team is now out/injured

Horrible year for fantasy 

Think of it this way: if there was any load management to be done for Collins this season, he'll have his full quota of 25 games and will play out the rest of the year!!

24 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Think of it this way: if there was any load management to be done for Collins this season, he'll have his full quota of 25 games and will play out the rest of the year!!

Sad and funny. But also true.

52 minutes ago, Shkodran_plako said:

I kid you not. I have Steph, Ayton, Collins, Bagley

Ah, I'm sorry man.  I've got Ayton, Collins, and Bagley, but all of them are spread out in separate leagues ... and it still pisses me off.

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Your players tried to cheat and got caught. Don't know why you expect sympathy from Yahoo or other players. He's not getting an INJ tag nor should he.

Right. The actual NBA team gets to swap out the suspended player for another player but Mr. Fantasy Owner has no such option. Solid reasoning buddy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, croydonfacelift said:

Right. The actual NBA team gets to swap out the suspended player for another player but Mr. Fantasy Owner has no such option. Solid reasoning buddy. 

Switch to a weekly league then where your bench players don't need to contribute. Also saves you from having to pick up scrubs with back to backs all throughout the season to squeeze out extra points. Our league switched last year and everyone loves it.

9 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

Your first mistake was thinking that fantasy sports are supposed to resemble real-life sports in any meaningful way

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Switch to a weekly league then where your bench players don't need to contribute. Also saves you from having to pick up scrubs with back to backs all throughout the season to squeeze out extra points. Our league switched last year and everyone loves it.

Or roto.  Just bench him.  Pretty much just impacts daily H2H.  

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Or roto.  Just bench him.  Pretty much just impacts daily H2H.  

having to play a replacement player that attempts to approximate his production especially in a deeper league is definitely going to affect those of us in roto as well... 

especially that beautiful fg% contribution. 

11 minutes ago, chaiway said:

having to play a replacement player that attempts to approximate his production especially in a deeper league is definitely going to affect those of us in roto as well... 

especially that beautiful fg% contribution. 

Yes obviously the lost value of having to replace a top 30 player with someone who is likely around 100.  I was referring specifically to being screwed by being unable to put him on IR bc suspended players aren’t IR eligible. 

5 hours ago, s-kayos said:

Should I try to acquire Jokic? Pretty sure he's not on any PEDs or 'roids right now 

This comment instantly made me forget about my frustration with the suspension news... At least for a minute

3 hours ago, markdash said:

Your first mistake was thinking that fantasy sports are supposed to resemble real-life sports in any meaningful way

I mean, if that's the case, then there would be no problem in letting us put them in the IR, unless your joy is hampered from having a non-injured but unavailable player allowed in the IR slot, because it's not "Realistic".

If Anthony Davis decided to to take a trip to Antarctica for 10 games, I know I'd want that manager to be able to replace some of his production so they can still compete.

Other than "realism", or "morals", the only other reason I can think of for someone to be against it, is that they have an advantage now, and they don't want to lose that advantage.

Or maybe lack of empathy. I wonder how many Collins manager had no sympathy for Ayton managers until this ish happened to them lmao.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

If they did allow IR spots for suspensions that'll open up pandora's box for allowing IR spots for sickness, load management, etc

They already do for sickness... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

They already do for sickness... 

And pregnancy. 

18 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

If they did allow IR spots for suspensions that'll open up pandora's box for allowing IR spots for sickness, load management, etc

Then so be it lol,

And I would consider sickness an injury, your organs are being attacked.

Vacations, family birthdays, if they're not playing for whatever reason, then we can put them in the IR spot.

It affects the thing that matters the most, the "game", all the same right? 

Yahoo can enact whatever rule they have, 3 games and they're eligible.