kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

Drop or no? 1st place in yahoo after two weeks but stuck on if I should ride out the 25 games or just drop. Would love some thoughts. 

Just now, Stagz_ said:

Drop or no? 1st place in yahoo after two weeks but stuck on if I should ride out the 25 games or just drop. Would love some thoughts. 

Stop it 

29 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

what league are you playing

21 minutes ago, MrBean said:

what league are you playing

Yahoo H2H daily with 3 bench spots and an IR spot but can’t put him on IR. Thanks 

Just now, Stagz_ said:

Yahoo H2H daily with 3 bench spots and an IR spot but can’t put him on IR. Thanks 

Quick! Give him the league ID # so he can look it up! 

9 minutes ago, csklmf said:

someone offers me John Collins for my Gordon Hayward. Should I accept it? 

Idk, maybe someone in the AC forum will have an answer for you. 

56 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

This question belongs in the AC forum 

4 minutes ago, 80version said:

Idk, maybe someone in the AC forum will have an answer for you. 

Mb 

4 minutes ago, yeet said:

Someone traded him for McCollum if anyone wants to gauge his value

Lol that seems like a good gauge. Not.

A steady, reliable asset or a high-risk pick that was just suspended 25 games to boot?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yeet said:

Before the suspension?

You guys only look at points, play points leagues, or just don’t follow analytics.  McCollom is ranked 128th on the season. Collins was top 30 before the suspension.  It’s whatever if you don’t want to take on a suspended player, I won’t blame you.  But actually the Collins owner got fleeced.  He will return for the last half of the season, including the fantasy playoffs, and will be a much better asset than McCollom.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

You guys only look at points, play points leagues, or just don’t follow analytics.  McCollom is ranked 128th on the season. Collins was top 30 before the suspension.  It’s whatever if you don’t want to take on a suspended player, I won’t blame you.  But actually the Collins owner got fleeced.  He will return for the last half of the season, including the fantasy playoffs, and will be a much better asset than McCollom.   

Lmao .. I’m a bit surprised Stifle , such a bad take coming from a Vet like you. None of that matters if you don’t make it to the playoffs ... which is extremely difficult to do carrying dead weight for 25 games. Also season just started and your looking at rankings... brodie cmon. Josh Hart is currently ranked 17th and Baynes is 19th .  Enough said . Yes he’s a great player no denying that , but it’s still very premature. 

Edited by RunCMC

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

and you only look at 7 game sample sizes. lets disregard the last 4 seasons of finishing as player rank #60, #50, #28, #45... CJ is as steady as they come and will return around 4th/5th round value. While Collins will be a black hole on your roster for the next couple months. CJ is a great return for Collins. 

42 minutes ago, yeet said:

the only thing we should gauge from this trade is the stupidity of the former CJ owner

8 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

and you only look at 7 game sample sizes. lets disregard the last 4 seasons of finishing as player rank #60, #50, #28, #45... CJ is as steady as they come and will return around 4th/5th round value. While Collins will be a black hole on your roster for the next couple months. CJ is a great return for Collins. 

CJ is a top 60 asset and I think he’s pretty consistent at that.  Collins was touted as a top 30 player.  I didn’t draft Collins.  Actually if you look at the bold predictions I thought he would be a bust.  But if you drafted Collins then presumably you thought he would be a top 30 asset and has he performed as such to this point.  Do what you want with your own team.  I don’t care.  But to say in a trade involving a top 30 player for a top 60 player that the guy getting the top 30 player was robbed is incredibly hyperbolic.  And honestly you’re not going to tank just bc you’re carrying a suspended player.  It’s one player for 1/4 of the season.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

CJ is a top 60 asset and I think he’s pretty consistent at that.  Collins was touted as a top 30 player.  I didn’t draft Collins.  Actually if you look at the bold predictions I thought he would be a bust.  But if you drafted Collins then presumably you thought he would be a top 30 asset and has he performed as such to this point.  Do what you want with your own team.  I don’t care.  But to say in a trade involving a top 30 player for a top 60 player that the guy getting the top 30 player was robbed is incredibly hyperbolic.  And honestly you’re not going to tank just bc you’re carrying a suspended player.  It’s one player for 1/4 of the season.  

you're contradicting yourself right and left

10 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

You're gonna be without him for 8 matchups which is more than a third of the fantasy regular season