12345game10

Tristan Thompson 2019-2020 Outlook

I think the concerns are either a trade or an injury for him. If neither of those does happen then he will keep up the great production

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Zizic and Henson coming back are valid points...but why would they take minutes away from TT? They are not good at all lol. There's no benefit for the Cavs to play them over TT. Cavs don't even seem like they're tanking. Larry Nance could have been a threat to his PT but Nance hasn't been good at all himself. 

I think if there's a drop off it'll be because TT isn't playing well himself. But this is a contract year for him so he has every incentive to try and ball out as much as possible. There's always a chance that he falls off so if you want to sell high I'd try and get a top 40ish player. 

I agree the Cavs actually look competitive this year, which is surprising. I think Thompson's values relies on how good the team stays, I could see him keeping this up if they're in the playoff hunt. But if they started to lose and KLove gets traded this could get bad. But Beilein has unlocked TT's inner bucket, so who knows. & I mentioned those two mainly because they play Center which is his position. At the moment the Cavs rotate 3 players between PF and C. Ziziz and Henson aren't really competition though, just food for thought.

31 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Zizic and Henson will eventually come back

Lmao.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

Double TT has been such a waiver wire gem. & He shoots 3's now!? More made 3's in Philly than Ben Simmons. LMAOOO.

Are we selling high here? I'm skeptical he can keep this up. But I wanna keep him just to see if he can. The Cavs frontcourt is depleted rn that's why I think he's been getting so many minutes. Zizic and Henson will eventually come back but I wonder if that'll effect Thompson. The man is straight ballin'. Can someone in their 9th year get MIP? I'll just enjoy the ride for now and if he regresses, back to streaming!

If you’re worried about Zizic and Henson you shouldn’t be doing fantasy NBA my man 

13 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

If you’re worried about Zizic and Henson you shouldn’t be doing fantasy NBA my man 

LOL. I'm no novice to fantasy. Just stating facts. Once those guys come back it'll affect the Cavs frontcourt minutes. Not sure why everyone thinks mentioning them is so funny. I scooped Double T after his first game so I saw his potential. & I can bet I've watched more Cavs games than anyone on this thread, so I do my hw.

2 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

LOL. I'm no novice to fantasy. Just stating facts. Once those guys come back it'll affect the Cavs frontcourt minutes. Not sure why everyone thinks mentioning them is so funny. I scooped Double T after his first game so I saw his potential. & I can bet I've watched more Cavs games than anyone on this thread, so I do my hw.

I had him too before you blew up and sold high. Like someone else mentioned, unless he’s traded or injured he’ll continue to produce. Coach LOVES him 

17 minutes ago, Heavy_Jon said:

What happened today?

He played the 2020 NBA Champ Miami Heat. Disregard.

• Thanks 1

Eh, he racked up a few offensive fouls on Meyers after trying to be a bit too aggressive and had to sit. 

Though the TOs definitely hurt, that's his game; I'm just glad he's playing hard and not getting hurt.

Nothing to worry about, and Nance's injury might give him a few extra minutes at C.

2 minutes ago, vyun said:

He is who he is. Nobody wants him if you try to sell high. Enjoy the ride while he's playing well and dump him when he crashes

He will never crash will be worth owning all season but he obviously wont be top 30 overall like he is now. Top 70 very realistic though 

I knew after one bad game the vulchers will be out lol. No. He's never going to get dropped. Just move along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vyun said:

Top 70 still ambitious. He’s not suddenly a better basketball player. Dude is still mediocre on the court. Just getting a lot of touches which will steadily go down as the Cavs stink it up and they start letting their two young guards start doing whatever they want. Top 100 is realistic, still worth owning, but that’s a substantial crash from top 30

Ya because the young guards have an impact on Tristan's 30 mpg....not.  He has had basically one bad game, last night, on the season. He had 3 fouls in the first half of that game and never got going to recover in the 2nd. What will you say if next game he goes 20 and 10? Top 70 is hardly ambitious. I guess you didn't see last season where he was playing like a monster just like he is now before he got injured derailing his season. Even if he only averages 14 and 9 with 1 block on his percentages, that is guaranteed top 70. 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 2

Got an interesting offer proposed to me for him in my points leagues. Obviously I'm not really a fan of TT as most people probably aren't but my biggest concern is health. Is he an injury prone guy? Only played 43 and 53 games the past two seasons.

Anyone worried about his TOs?  They've spiked in the last 3 games, and he's already got 4 in the middle of second quarter ...

Lmao wtf, this load management BS has gone too far. What do they need to rest Tristan Thompson for, they ain't even making it to the playoffs.. Smdh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eh, as long as he plays against Dallas and Portland this week.  Should get a ton of boards against them, since Dallas just traditionally struggles with rebounding, and Whiteside is a delicious matchup for opposing Cs.

TT's been tanking my TOs and the rest of his stats are rather mediocre, so as long as he's healthy and can play in more games, I'm fine with random load management (even if it's for a dude that only played about 25 minutes on average for his last three games).