Sign in to follow this  
kdpat15

Josh Oliver 2019 Outlook

I just don’t see the appeal here. I’ve got him on my watch list in case you guys are right, but he doesn’t appear to be fast or very athletic. TE is not a targeted position in Jax. Oliver doesn’t block well. Even in a keeper league, I don’t see much to get excited about other than opportunity. But if he’s not a good blocker, then how much opportunity will he get?

9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I just don’t see the appeal here. I’ve got him on my watch list in case you guys are right, but he doesn’t appear to be fast or very athletic. TE is not a targeted position in Jax. Oliver doesn’t block well. Even in a keeper league, I don’t see much to get excited about other than opportunity. But if he’s not a good blocker, then how much opportunity will he get?

Well the original thought was with Foles and his propensity to use ertz.. I dont know what happens with GMII at the helm but Oliver was one of the better sleepers 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-oliver?id=32194f4c-4952-4360-2a59-44a3fa93d63f

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/josh-oliver/

Eh Hayden Hurst 

18 hours ago, TheINC said:

I'd like to see what this kid does but there hasn't been a productive TE in Jax this season yet

James O'Shaughnessy was a startable TE before his acl tear.

5 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

James O'Shaughnessy was a startable TE before his acl tear.

Twenty targets and 14 catches in five games? I can’t really agree with your assessment. He had a couple of TDs, but I don’t think that makes him startable. Jmho. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Twenty targets and 14 catches in five games? I can’t really agree with your assessment. He had a couple of TDs, but I don’t think that makes him startable. Jmho. 

Averaged about 8 fppg. In a 12 teamer I say that was startable. Not sexy stats though. Minshew reportedly had a good rapport with Oliver in the offseason. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Averaged about 8 fppg. In a 12 teamer I say that was startable. Not sexy stats though. Minshew reportedly had a good rapport with Oliver in the offseason. Time will tell.

Maybe. What I wouldn’t like when looking at his stats is that he was TD dependent. But you are right. If you take his ppg avg and add it to his point total, he’s the TE13 in my 1/2 ppr league. And he’s the TE14 in per game avg (not included injured guys). 

As for Oliver, I just don’t have any confidence on him yet, but I am going to be keeping an eye on him. There are just too many things going against him...which means he’ll put up 6-80-1 this week. Lol. 

Noticed he was scooped in a couple of 14 teamers and even a 10 teamer play in. Desperate times out there in TE land. It might make some sense to speculate though, sounds like Dede is not feeling so good and that might open up a few extra looks over the middle? I just think Swaim could return next week and essentially leave Oliver with only a few packages/targets.

My kid said flex him over jamaal williams...  I'm like ehh

Edited by hard1

just read he is starting and will see ample playing time...im going with him because my next best option is Ebron

I dont own any shares, and have no plans to, but he is considered a stash, yet people are dropping him after a week? How could you expect something his first game? Lol

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Dont trust this bum

A rookie tight end coming off an injury didn't produce on limited snaps in his first career game..  I guess his career is over. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

A rookie tight end coming off an injury didn't produce on limited snaps in his first career game..  I guess his career is over. 

Im just salty cuz he was supposed to play a lot with the 2 starters banged up and he got 0 targets.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Im just salty cuz he was supposed to play a lot with the 2 starters banged up and he got 0 targets.

Who said he was supposed to play a lot? Marrone? Coughlin? DeFilippo? Or a few supposed fantasy experts?

For this next game, you actually have Marrone saying he'll play more.

15 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

Who said he was supposed to play a lot? Marrone? Coughlin? DeFilippo? Or a few supposed fantasy experts?

For this next game, you actually have Marrone saying he'll play more.

coaches can't be trusted either

can't start him unless you see it first or you're SUPER desperate

7 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

coaches can't be trusted either

can't start him unless you see it first or you're SUPER desperate

Put two and two together...

The Jaguars focus this week has been on red zone offense, and Marrone is saying Oliver will play more. Oliver was an offseason star before his injury, but the rookie QB didn't feel comfortable going his direction last week. It sounds like they finally got some reps together and that might change. I'm guessing Oliver gets a TD.

9 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

The Jaguars focus this week has been on red zone offense, and Marrone is saying Oliver will play more. Oliver was an offseason star before his injury, but the rookie QB didn't feel comfortable going his direction last week. It sounds like they finally got some reps together and that might change. I'm guessing Oliver gets a TD.

Start at your own risk

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

I care nothing about offseason stars. There have scores of offseason stars who never amounted to anything in the NFL. 

• Thanks 1