Dr Rene Garcia

Recruiting START-UP Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League- $$$

WELCOME TO THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION (HOBA)

14 TEAMS

$300 PER SEASON

2 DIVISIONS/ 7 TEAMS PER DIVISION

The HOBA is a dynasty style head to head categories formatted league.  I currently run a 10 year running dynasty baseball league, and very much enjoy the continuity of a dynasty style format.  A little about me:  I have run leagues for over 20 years and started playing fantasy basketball in the old AOL fantasy grandstand days of the late 90’s.  I am a serious player and always a contender.  This league will incorporate trading of future picks as well.  There will be teams that are rebuilding with youth.  There will be championship, win now dynasties.  The continuity of this style is what draws my interest in fantasy sports.  I’m looking for a likeminded group.  I already have about 1/2 the league filled, but we are looking for some new talent and styles to join this group.  

STARTERS (10):

PG

SG

G

SF

PF

F

C

C

UTIL

UTIL

5 bench spots

5 IR

10 CATEGORIES

FG%

3pointers made

FT%

Rebounds

Assists

Steals 

Blocks

Turnovers

Double Doubles

KEEPERS:  

EIGHT (7) prior to the Rule V draft (2 round).  The Rule V draft will begin on Labor day weekend, every season (First week in September).  This draft will last for 2 rounds. The draft order is worst to first and ranking based on previous season Final Rankings.

Following the Rule V draft keepers will expand to NINE (9) prior to the the DBA ANNUAL DRAFT.  The 6 round draft will begin approximately on the first week of October, each season.

PAYOUT (16 teams):

$300 X 14 = $4200

League Winner: $1500 + "THE STOGIE"

Runner up: $750

Divisional Championship Losers: $400/ $800

R1 Playoff Losers: $300/ $600

2nd chance playoff winner: $300

Best Record Regular Season $100

(Site Hosting Fees: $150)

PLAYOFFS// 6 TEAMS:  The top 2 teams in each division will be seeded #1-4. The 5th and 6th seeds will be wildcard seeds. Best record, regardless of division.

The remaining 8 teams enter the 2nd chance playoffs.  All 8 non-playoff teams go head to head against each other in 1 week/ 1 round playoff root.  The top 2 teams go head to head in the 2nd chance Finale. Winner of the 2nd chance playoff receives free admission (worth $300) into next season.

AVAILABLE FRANCHISES:  Franchises will be chosen based on the teams that participated int h Wold Professional Basketball Tournament of the 1930’s and 1940’s.  Franchises are selected on a FIRAT COME FIRST SERVE basis based on when league payment is received.  The list of available franchises are below:  

Oshkosh All-Stars

New York Rens-Washington Bears

Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons

Harlem Globetrotters

Detroit Eagles

Chicago American Gears

Chicago Bruins-Ramblers

Toledo White Huts-Whites-Jeeps

Sheboygan Redskins

Anderson Chiefs-Duffey Packers

Minneapolis Lakers

Brooklyn Eagles

L.I. Grumman Flyers/Hellcats

Dayton Acmes-Mickeys

Midland Dow Chemicals

Indianapolis Kautskys

Washington Heurlick Brewers

Tri-Cities Blackhawks

Baltimore Bullets

LOOKING TO BEGIN EMAIL DRAFT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. 

EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED:  MLBWIZARD2@AOL.COM

images.jpg

Edited by Dr Rene Garcia

Hi there,

Ive been searching for the right dynasty league to join. Yours sounds very intriguing. A few initial questions:

What platform will it be hosted on?

Trying to understand the format of keepers. You only get to keep 8 players at the end of each season, correct?

Will the startup draft be a snake draft or auction?

Thanks!

1.  Will be hosted on CBSSPORTSLINE or Fantrax

2.  8 Keepers before all teams enter the Rule V draft.  All teams protect 8 players. The remaining players on roster are left 'unprotected' and eligible to be selected in two round 'RuleV Draft'.  Once the Rule V draft is complete, you add on 2 additional keepers for a total of ten keepers headed into the annual draft.  The annual draft is 5 rounds.

3.  Snake draft for the startup.  Will be run in the draft room and in my experience, drafts like this end up going at a pace of 1-2 rounds per day and take about 1 week to complete.

Please feel free to ask any additional questions. 

Ren

Sounds like a very interesting league.  I would like to be a part of it.

Please send invite to cgunit11@yahoo.com

Thanks,

~Greg

Sounds fantastic. 

I have a few more questions I'll ask shortly but I'm almost certainly in. Definite preference for fantrax as I already have leagues there and not on CBS and I think it's a better platform.

Mark shortly..

Edited by Moon Shots

No worries.  Spots are almost filled.  Emails will be sent out to all GMs shortly.  

Please email me with your interest, as there still are a few spots available.

Cheers all.

Ren

mlbwizard2@aol.com

Just a few spots left!  Great group here!

WELCOME TO THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION (HOBA)

14 TEAMS

$300 PER SEASON

2 DIVISIONS/ 7 TEAMS PER DIVISION

The HOBA is a dynasty style head to head categories formatted league.  I currently run a 10 year running dynasty baseball league, and very much enjoy the continuity of a dynasty style format.  A little about me:  I have run leagues for over 20 years and started playing fantasy basketball in the old AOL fantasy grandstand days of the late 90’s.  I am a serious player and always a contender.  This league will incorporate trading of future picks as well.  There will be teams that are rebuilding with youth.  There will be championship, win now dynasties.  The continuity of this style is what draws my interest in fantasy sports.  I’m looking for a likeminded group.  I already have about 1/2 the league filled, but we are looking for some new talent and styles to join this group.  

STARTERS (10):

PG

SG

G

SF

PF

F

C

C

UTIL

UTIL

5 bench spots

5 IR

10 CATEGORIES

FG%

3pointers made

FT%

Rebounds

Assists

Steals 

Blocks

Turnovers

Double Doubles

KEEPERS:  

EIGHT (7) prior to the Rule V draft (2 round).  The Rule V draft will begin on Labor day weekend, every season (First week in September).  This draft will last for 2 rounds. The draft order is worst to first and ranking based on previous season Final Rankings.

Following the Rule V draft keepers will expand to NINE (9) prior to the the DBA ANNUAL DRAFT.  The 6 round draft will begin approximately on the first week of October, each season.

PAYOUT (16 teams):

$300 X 14 = $4200

League Winner: $1500 + "THE STOGIE"

Runner up: $750

Divisional Championship Losers: $400/ $800

R1 Playoff Losers: $300/ $600

2nd chance playoff winner: $300

Best Record Regular Season $100

(Site Hosting Fees: $150)

PLAYOFFS// 6 TEAMS:  The top 2 teams in each division will be seeded #1-4. The 5th and 6th seeds will be wildcard seeds. Best record, regardless of division.

The remaining 8 teams enter the 2nd chance playoffs.  All 8 non-playoff teams go head to head against each other in 1 week/ 1 round playoff root.  The top 2 teams go head to head in the 2nd chance Finale. Winner of the 2nd chance playoff receives free admission (worth $300) into next season.

AVAILABLE FRANCHISES:  Franchises will be chosen based on the teams that participated int h Wold Professional Basketball Tournament of the 1930’s and 1940’s.  Franchises are selected on a FIRAT COME FIRST SERVE basis based on when league payment is received.  The list of available franchises are below:  

Oshkosh All-Stars

New York Rens-Washington Bears

Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons

Harlem Globetrotters

Detroit Eagles

Chicago American Gears

Chicago Bruins-Ramblers

Toledo White Huts-Whites-Jeeps

Sheboygan Redskins

Anderson Chiefs-Duffey Packers

Minneapolis Lakers

Brooklyn Eagles

L.I. Grumman Flyers/Hellcats

Dayton Acmes-Mickeys

Midland Dow Chemicals

Indianapolis Kautskys

Washington Heurlick Brewers

Tri-Cities Blackhawks

Baltimore Bullets

I'm in for this (assuming payments will be handled through League Safe and such).  DM me please?  Thank you! I remember playing fantasy sports when LaDainian Tomlinson was a rookie, so yeah...it's been a while for me, too.

Edited by andy88c

Looking to start the draft process in 24-48 hours.  Extended draft done in a draft room.  1-2 rounds per day.  Takes 7-10 days to complete the inaugural draft.  Not too late to join!

D573697A-DFEE-4F56-A26E-A35A5BE50C80.jpeg