brosephd

Trade Deadline Targets

Who are some trade deadline targets that we can buy low or scoop off the waiver and perform due to a trade for new opportunity?

Post some rumors or possibilities/beneficiaries:

Emmanuel Sanders - Sutton/Hamilton

Kenyan Drake - Mark Walton 

OJ Howard (Bucs supposedly not interested in trading) - Brate

Melvin Gordon - Ekeler

A.J. Green - Auden Tate/Boyd

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Who are some trade deadline targets that we can buy low or scoop off the waiver and perform due to a trade for new opportunity?

Post some rumors or possibilities/beneficiaries:

Emmanuel Sanders - Sutton/Hamilton

Kenyan Drake - Mark Walton 

OJ Howard (Bucs supposedly not interested in trading) - Brate

Melvin Gordon - Ekeler

A.J. Green - Auden Tate/Boyd

Hmmm.. I don't think any of these players are on the WW. And if they are it's probably in a shorter league where I don't think you want to use someone like Walton or Hamilton.

I think Brate and Walton are the most relevant. Brate would be a huge redzone Target and has proven chemistry w Winston. Walton still needs to lockdown goalline duties regardless of drake. 

Roto blurbs mentioned the saints going after Eifert, and that would be a huge upside play once brees is back.

• Like 1

Good thread. If Howard is dropped in your league (bye week, crappy numbers), pick him up and hold since Pats are on the radar. (it's a strong 11-day hold if you have the roster space, even though I envision most will eventually drop him for a kicker.) Either way, this is going to be a real-deal trade deadline. 

• Like 1

With the way the TE market is this year I definitely got Howard as my stash right now. An owner rage dropped him last week so I was able to get him off waivers for free. Bucs can say they’re not trading him all they want, I’m not buying it. Classic negotiating 101, just like how Jaguars said they weren’t trading Ramsey and how Giants weren’t trading OBJ.... 

Edited by jeremyt7
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

With the way the TE market is this year I definitely got Howard as my stash right now. An owner rage dropped him last week so I was able to get him off waivers for free. Bucs can say they’re not trading him all they want, I’m not buying it. Classic negotiating 101, just like how Jaguars said they weren’t trading Ramsey and how Giants weren’t trading OBJ.... 

6 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I think Brate and Walton are the most relevant. Brate would be a huge redzone Target and has proven chemistry w Winston. Walton still needs to lockdown goalline duties regardless of drake. 

Roto blurbs mentioned the saints going after Eifert, and that would be a huge upside play once brees is back.

I am not saying you guys are wrong, but what is making you think if Howard gets traded that Brate walks into a good spot? Howard is clearly more talented and it just seems like, despite running tons of routes, the Arians offense just doesn't look for the TE as a primary read. Is it just the chemistry between Winston/Brate?

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Hard no on Eifert.  Saw this movie before with the Saints picking up Fleener who supposedly Drew Brees would jump start his career.  Sometimes a guy like Eifert or Gary Barnidge puts together a decent season or season and a half and folks spend the next 6 years chasing those past points.  Especially in the Saints case where they don't use their TEs that much; aside from one season of Shockey and 3 of Graham (who they had no problem trading to SEA for an OL) and was used basically as a WR anyway. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11167916/nfl-arbitrator-rules-jimmy-graham-new-orleans-saints-tight-end

2 hours ago, b_23 said:

I am not saying you guys are wrong, but what is making you think if Howard gets traded that Brate walks into a good spot? Howard is clearly more talented and it just seems like, despite running tons of routes, the Arians offense just doesn't look for the TE as a primary read. Is it just the chemistry between Winston/Brate?

For me, yes, that’s the only reason. I do understand the skepticism in this new offense, but Winston always used to look for brate, particularly in the redzone. Not to mention, TE is usually a rough spot for over half the league (fantasy). I don’t think Howard is dealt, but it was one of the more intriguing pickups of all the rumors I’ve heard to this point.

Edited by itschief33
  • Thanks 1

OJ seems like a good 1 week flier if he's been drop. Possibly league winner type if landed with Patriots. Even though Bruce doesn't use his TE's much, Winston targets Brate a lot in the RZ and with OJ gone, he would probably get an extra catch or 2. 

• Like 1

Brate had back to back 6 TD seasons coming into this season. I expect at least 4 more TD this season. 👍🏼

On 10/18/2019 at 3:14 AM, jeremyt7 said:

I don't think dropping Howard can be considered rage dropping at this point. He's scored 28 points in 6 weeks. He completely sucks in the realm of fantasy football. Regardless of his real life talent or potential, cutting ties with him is the level headed thing to do. And Tampa has stated they have no interest in trading him and they have no reason to, despite how bad people want him to produce in fantasy. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Nickmo said:

I don't think dropping Howard can be considered rage dropping at this point. He's scored 28 points in 6 weeks. He completely sucks in the realm of fantasy football. Regardless of his real life talent or potential, cutting ties with him is the level headed thing to do. And Tampa has stated they have no interest in trading him and they have no reason to, despite how bad people want him to produce in fantasy. 

Just seems stupid to not get value for him when teams are hurting for a TE.

Less than a week away until the trade deadline! Any players other than those listed above you’re keeping an eye on? I recently heard Rashaad Penny as a trade candidate after playing only two snaps on Sunday.

Is there anyone you’re adding in case the starter in front of them gets traded?

15 minutes ago, FMIII said:

Is there anyone you’re adding in case the starter in front of them gets traded?

Olabisi Johnson if Diggs is traded

2 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Ertz/Goeddart?

If they lose to Buffalo I can see a team like New England trading for Ertz possibly. Chances are still very small.

3 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Olabisi Johnson if Diggs is traded

Diggs isnt getting traded now.

Edited by Evincar

On 10/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, Sticky2 said:

Just seems stupid to not get value for him when teams are hurting for a TE.

When Daniel Fells is looking like a better weekly dart throw then you, you have no value.

Sell high Phillip Dorsett 

With the news of Gordon done for the year the hype on this guy seems to be building up a bit too much. Gordon hasn’t been doing much all year anyway, so I don’t see him being elevated that much if at all. Their offense is so unpredictably balanced it’s anyone’s guess aside from Edelman who’s gonna have the safe floor that week.

Robby Anderson I heard may be a target and some teams have inquired on him. Big play threat. 

Gio Bernard- would probably be in a similar role for his new team. Look at a team with a RB currently carrying the load of 20+ carries a game. 

Melvin Gordon if any team willing to trade in season but I doubt it. 

Austin Hooper’s name was floated around. Not sure if that will happen. 

NFL should trade more often. It's gross to watch guys like OJ Howard wast away on teams that don't use them.

Eagles should ship Ertz to Seattle,then Ertz and Goedert will have value. TB should send OJ Howard to NE then Howard and Brate would have value but that just makes too much sense.

• Like 2

Looks like the jets want to move Robby. He would do well on the Eagles as DJax hasn't practiced in what, 7 weeks? 

Edited by SGagne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SGagne said:

Looks like the jets want to move Robby. He would do well on the Eagles as DJax hasn't practiced in what, 7 weeks? 

Yup they want to move Leonard Williams too.

A key thing to remember is the Jets GM came in after free agency.

If the Jets wanted to go full tank mode, they could find a way to IR Darnold (that Toe injury is bad!), and trade away the players that will leave in free agency next year that may have some value to teams this year (Leonard Williams, Robby Anderson, LT Kelvin Beachum, RT Brandon Shell ). 

If they really wanted to go nuts they could trade away Le'Veon Bell.  The team getting Bell would acquire him for a minimal cap hit this year, and an "out" after 2020.

They'd pay someone to take Trumaine Johnson (along with his contract) off their hands.

The Jets are in a strange position where they've got a horrible record but a very easy schedule going forward.  The team isn't that great, but probably good enough to climb back to 500ish.   Rationally they should trade everything they can and tank, but realistically they'll probably try to win as much as possible.