Sign in to follow this  
HarmStrong

Andrew Wiggins 2019-2020 Outlook

“At shootaround before the Timberwolves’ final preseason game in Milwaukee, Andrew Wiggins and Josh Okogie were firing up halfcourt shots, seeing who could best the other. Wiggins made one, but Okogie answered. Wiggins went back for another shot and banked it in again. Okogie missed his next one, and Wiggins prevailed. As he walked over to the bench area, Wiggins flashed his recognizable wide smile.”

smh...

2 hours ago, myzto said:

“At shootaround before the Timberwolves’ final preseason game in Milwaukee, Andrew Wiggins and Josh Okogie were firing up halfcourt shots, seeing who could best the other. Wiggins made one, but Okogie answered. Wiggins went back for another shot and banked it in again. Okogie missed his next one, and Wiggins prevailed. As he walked over to the bench area, Wiggins flashed his recognizable wide smile.”

smh...

lol career loser

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, myzto said:

smh...

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

"Empty stat lines", I say as I pick up Brandon Ingram

don’t compare the 2

ingram has legit top 50 potential .. maybe better 

7 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

don’t compare the 2

ingram has legit top 50 potential .. maybe better 

I am hoping for this, but I'm hedging my bets

I went back and dug up his stats. he's actually been improving in 3s, rbds, and stocks over the years. It's his FG/FT% that's worsening. If he can go back up to his career highs (~45%/75% respectively) which will bring back up his points, he'll be a top 80ish player. May not happen but those numbers aren't absurd. Obviously I'm not drafting him nowhere near 100, but as a last pick or waiver add you can do worse.

Ingram is basically the new Wiggins. The hype on Ingram these past three years was just as absurd as the hype on Wiggins his first three years. They both suck for standard 9-cat settings.

Edited by kev777zero

5 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

I went back and dug up his stats. he's actually been improving in 3s, rbds, and stocks over the years. It's his FG/FT% that's worsening. If he can go back up to his career highs (~45%/75% respectively) which will bring back up his points, he'll be a top 80ish player. May not happen but those numbers aren't absurd. Obviously I'm not drafting him nowhere near 100, but as a last pick or waiver add you can do worse.

Ingram is basically the new Wiggins. The hype on Ingram these past three years was just like the hype on Wiggins his first three years. They both suck for standard 9-cat settings.

Problem is the volume of shots. If you take him with even your last pick where he should technically be good value, you’re definitely giving your percentages a massive hit, especially in fg%. Id stay away regardless of adp. He’ll fit a good punt percentage team though, which I don’t  draft consciously and that’s why I’m so low on him.

He could prove us wrong and go back to 45%, but I’d be okay not gambling on him.

Edited by boytoy

5 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Problem is the volume of shots. If you take him with even your last pick where he should technically be good value, you’re definitely giving your percentages a massive hit, especially in fg%. Id stay away regardless of adp. He could prove us wrong and go back to 45%, but I’d be okay not gambling on him.

I should add that he's a much better fit if you are punting either fg%, ft%, or both lol. His best category which is points is actually quite hard to find in the back end of drafts. I'd prefer him over someone like Sexton who has almost no counting stats and his % are harder to improve. I'm going with sort of a Josh Lloyd approach with this.

Edited by kev777zero

I'm not arguing on Wiggins' behalf, but it's kinda interesting that even if his percentages did increase, we wouldn't buy it for the first few weeks anyway.  We'd think he was just on a hot streak, and rightfully so.  Then we all catch on, and he goes through a cold streak and we all bail...

FG% and FT% are two things you can kinda look back on after a few months, but when it's happening, you can't be too sure.

24 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

I should add that he's a much better fit if you are punting either fg%, ft%, or both lol. His best category which is points is actually quite hard to find in the back end of drafts. I'd prefer him over someone like Sexton who has almost no counting stats and his % are harder to improve. I'm going with sort of a Josh Lloyd approach with this.

100% people complain about finding 20ppg at the end of your draft. If you are building around him shame on you. He is a valuable piece with some upside. 20ppg at the end of the draft I will always take.

47 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm not arguing on Wiggins' behalf, but it's kinda interesting that even if his percentages did increase, we wouldn't buy it for the first few weeks anyway.  We'd think he was just on a hot streak, and rightfully so.  Then we all catch on, and he goes through a cold streak and we all bail...

FG% and FT% are two things you can kinda look back on after a few months, but when it's happening, you can't be too sure.

I'm picking him up with the mindset that if he suddenly goes on a hot streak in the beginning, I sell lol. If no one buys then I'll run with it til the wheels fall off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toronto416 said:

100% people complain about finding 20ppg at the end of your draft. If you are building around him shame on you. He is a valuable piece with some upside. 20ppg at the end of the draft I will always take.

Damn some people here would be willing to drop Wiggins without a blink of an eye.. the problem is that as soon as hes on WW he'll get snatched... I didnt build around him, but my a** drafted him at 5.. hard to justify the drop at this point..  if you look at my signature do you think the rest of my line up should help with the rest of the cats.

Sorry, but drafting Wiggins in H2H and Roto is a disaster. Been there done that. He is by far the worst fantasy and NBA max player at the same time. Maybe in the future they will bench him to light up his a** but I don't know. He is a lost cause.

5 hours ago, kev777zero said:

Ingram is basically the new Wiggins. The hype on Ingram these past three years was just as absurd as the hype on Wiggins his first three years. They both suck for standard 9-cat settings.

ingram is way better than wiggins

bad comparison 

2 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Damn some people here would be willing to drop Wiggins without a blink of an eye.. the problem is that as soon as hes on WW he'll get snatched... I didnt build around him, but my a** drafted him at 5.. hard to justify the drop at this point..  if you look at my signature do you think the rest of my line up should help with the rest of the cats.

you drafted him in the 5th round? 

4 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

ingram is way better than wiggins

bad comparison 

Ingram last 3 year finishes in BBM were #224, #178, #316.

Wiggins was #171, #159, #114.

What similarities do they share? Yep, being horrible for fantasy purposes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

you drafted him in the 5th round? 

andrew wigginsVerified account @22wiggins

I’m proud to announce for the second year straight i’ll be donating $22 for every point I score towards supporting underprivileged children who face barriers in participating in organized sports. The goal is and will always be to help kids be kids and play sports!

YES man :( I hesitated when it came to the 5th round for some reason and panicked .. saw his PPJ stat line and it looked too juicy at the time.. lol. I even offered anyone on my league if they were willing to entertain a trade.. not one bite :(

Hopefully the whole chaos to start the season with Jimmy is put past him.

3 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Ingram last 3 year finishes in BBM were #224, #178, #316.

Wiggins was #171, #159, #114.

What similarities do they share? Yep, being horrible for fantasy purposes.

this is disingenuous because you’re going by totals and ingram missed a lot of time last year .. he also had to adjust to playing with lebron

ingrams post asb numbers:

27.8 PPG

7.5 RPG

2.3 APG

1.5 3FGM

ALL ON EXTREMELY HIGH EFFICIENCY 

albeit a small sample size, it’s still quite impressive for a DEVELOPING 21 year old. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

andrew wigginsVerified account @22wiggins

I’m proud to announce for the second year straight i’ll be donating $22 for every point I score towards supporting underprivileged children who face barriers in participating in organized sports. The goal is and will always be to help kids be kids and play sports!

YES man :( I hesitated when it came to the 5th round for some reason and panicked .. saw his PPJ stat line and it looked too juicy at the time.. lol. I even offered anyone on my league if they were willing to entertain a trade.. not one bite :(

Hopefully the whole chaos to start the season with Jimmy is put past him.

My goodness. I'm so sorry lol

20 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

this is disingenuous because you’re going by totals and ingram missed a lot of time last year .. he also had to adjust to playing with lebron

ingrams post asb numbers:

27.8 PPG

7.5 RPG

2.3 APG

1.5 3FGM

ALL ON EXTREMELY HIGH EFFICIENCY 

albeit a small sample size, it’s still quite impressive for a DEVELOPING 21 year old. 

I used the per game value not totals. Although I do agree Ingram has more upside than Wiggins, he's still only viable in punt FT.

Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram and Andrew Wiggins, my three favorites every year watching their owners suffer.

Edited by blob2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

I used the per game value not totals. Although I do agree Ingram has more upside than Wiggins, he's still only viable in punt FT.

Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram and Andrew Wiggins, my three favorites every year watching their owners suffer.

i’ll bump this in a month so we can have a nice laugh over it 

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i’ll bump this in a month so we can have a nice laugh over it 

Hopefully to have a nice laugh at all the naysayers 😭

• Thanks 1

So i got stuck with him because the ESPN servers collapsed towards the last quarter of our draft and the last 4 spots were autofilled across the board. I can't get rid of him soon enough, but I'm going to have to package the sh!t out of this.