dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

what are we witnessing?....

I honestly kind of had him written off because of the circumstances, but admittedly had never even seen him play. Gotta say, from this video I am impressed. He's got a quick pull up jumper, doesn't lack confidence, can put the ball on the floor with a pretty decent handle, and can finish at/above the rim. A big part of the reason why I had mentally written him off before even analyzing the situation more closely, besides not having seen him play, is the amount of players who are currently OUT injured or for personal reasons. Jimmy Butler, Dion Waiters, James Johnson, etc. But I think Spoelstra knows what he has with this kid, he's seen all his guys play so he knows what he has. There's a reason he stated that he fully intended for Nunn, not Herro, to be in the starting lineup even with Jimmy. That's not a knock on Herro, but Nunn honestly looks pretty special. Granted, I've never seen him play before today, but I had no idea he was actually this talented. Even with the logjam of (somewhat) proven vets seemingly ahead of him, this is the type of guy you find playing time for.

I opted to get IT instead of him. Hopefully I made the right choice since I was thinking I need more help in 3s and FTM. But mannnn is he currently making me regret that decision 

Man i definitely regret not picking this dude up... I was hesitant with Jimmy coming out.. I don't think that'll effect him whatsoever. He looks so confident out there..

Got him for $7 off waivers after their 1st gm. 

2 hours ago, ejaggit said:

Seems like he has game but I don’t see this continuing with jimmy coming back...

it won’t be to the tune of 25, but it will be 15/4/4 at the least on fantastic percentages and steals.

That is extremely rare, he’s very rank friendly.

i don’t know why people are acting like no one can co exist with Jimmy, Miami needs a secondary scoring option, and no one on the roster is as pure a scorer as him outside of Jimmy. 

you guys are acting as if jimmy had the highest usage rate in the league, he’s been a 20-23 scorer most of his career, and has had other 20 plus scorers next to him.

I’m a nunnbeliever!

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

it won’t be to the tune of 25, but it will be 15/4/4 at the least on fantastic percentages and steals.

i don’t know why people are acting like no one can co exist with Jimmy, Miami needs a secondary scoring option, and no one on the roster is as pure a scorer as him outside of Jimmy. 

you guys are acting as if jimmy had the highest usage rate in the league, he’s been a 20-23 scorer most of his career, and has had other 20 plus scorers next to him.

I’m a nunnbeliever!

This. I guess butler will be back next game and we will know?

21 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I’m a nunnbeliever!

So he's the new jrich😄

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

So he's the new jrich😄

much better fg, fewer blocks, more consistent.

45 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Yeah, I mean Jimmy is no Zach LaVine, he's efficient all around, he's looking for the best play, he plays both sides of the ball, a lesser Kawhi.

And as someone who watched him develop early on in the Bulls, this is exactly the type of environment and teammates he's probably been looking for since the Noah/Deng/Gibson days.

Scoring and assists are spread out, everyone plays for each other, everyone plays hard every night, hothead coach.

I think if anything, Nunn will get less touches, but might raise his ast, become more efficient, maybe able to gamble more for stocks with Jimmy out there.

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

as long as he doesnt fall off like mcgruder last year

Heat have a lot of good young players. I was impressed by Duncan Robinson yesterday. He shot 8/12 and had 2 Reb, 1ast and 2 Blk in 23 min. Dragic looked like the all-star he was several years ago.

When Butler comes back, who gets minutes?? I don't see how they can bench Dunn. Hero got a lot of inefficient minutes. Robinson and even Silva looked good yesterday. Dragic looks back to form. Adebayo and Winslow look like studs. 

The Heat came back and beat the Bucks on Sat night (though the Greek Freak fouled out) and gave the Wolves all they could handle. Both games on the road. When they add Butler back, I would not want to play them.

Nice problem for the Heat to have. Especially if someone gets into foul trouble early. 

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

as long as he doesnt fall off like mcgruder last year

Mcgruder is just a below average role player,he can't get any minutes in LAC this season so far

Nunn has very good offensive skill set and can create his own shot 

Edited by kane
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kane said:

Mcgruder is just a below average role player,he can't get any minutes in LAC this season so far

Nunn has very good offensive skill set and can create his own shot 

Mcgruder is currently injured so yeah...

9 hours ago, JimboSlice said:

I see him geting more clean looks and more assists off Jimmy Buckets TBH.

Yup. Definitely agree. I think the shot attempts might dip, but quality will definitely go up

3 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

ENES needs to be in there, i don't know what you're doing without it there :)

how are y’all even pronouncing that?

like penis or like anus?? lol

mine is made up of 100% real words  

Just now, COBBLEPOT said:

how are y’all even pronouncing that?

like penis or like anus?? lol

mine is made up of 100% real words  

how did you get penis lol.

Its definteily a play on ANUS - EN ES

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

how did you get penis lol.

Its definteily a play on ANUS - EN ES

i think some1 in one of the threads said their team name was enes envy lolsmh 

22 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i think some1 in one of the threads said their team name was enes envy lolsmh 

that was after i said the name Enes Favors. back in like 2013 when they were together on UTah

Didnt Jimmy Butler just play with Embiid, Simmons, Tobias, Reddick, and Horford? how many high scorers did that team have? and we are worried with Butler coming back to this squad?

#wut

Edited by kmoore1521

good thing is he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. he can spot up and can slash/cut.

10 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Didnt Jimmy Butler just play with Embiid, Simmons, Tobias, Reddick, and Horford? how many high scorers did that team have? and we are worried with Butler coming back to this squad?

#wut

Not Horford but yes I agree. Nunn should still be active on the offensive end no doubt. Could be the steal of the season.