dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, mtx said:

HOU up 30 in 1Q and Nunn doesn't play. Thought for sure the lopsided score would help w/ mins. Nope.

Hes their trusted starter not a garbage time special.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rfhamilton said:

Hes their trusted starter not a garbage time special.

nah man spo wants to get his starters in with 5 min left when they’re up 30, he won’t win his fantasy week otherwise 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ahtech said:

drop city!

Yep yep, time to drop for a hot free agent.  Too many mouths to feed especially that black hole Jimmy Butler.  He can't even get decent run in a blowout.  Rookie wall hitting way too soon, especially when Waiters comes back to take all his minutes.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Haha 2

I don't understand, do you guys think 19 minutes is the new norm or something?  Do you feel like the coach has lost confidence in him, or that he isn't an integral part of the offense?  This isn't Marielle Fultz where he's the "starting PG" who just brings the ball down the floor and isn't actually involved in the offensive sets.

From the games I've watched this guy is a knockdown shooter, and thinking 2-10 isn't an anomaly is crazy to me.  He isn't hesitant to shoot the ball and his teammates look for him when he doesn't have the ball.  One game where he was supposedly in foul trouble dealing with Harden and Westbrook and he's hit a wall and is done.  Yeeeah, ok.  Someone mentioned Butler being a black hole but it's actually looked the opposite, he hasn't just been ball hogging at all and I think he's done a good job making himself part of the team (no idea how things looked against Houston though).

This is my first time doing fantasy basketball in years but I feel like the overreaction here might be more drastic than on the football side.  If you are watching the games and or have sound reason for believing a player is going to continue to struggle going forward I get it, but one bad game when signs otherwise point to heavy offensive involvement and at least moderate success yet you guys are saying he's no longer viable for fantasy is crazy.

You're probably still going to get decent points with several threes, a steal or two a game with a couple assists and rebounds and hopefully back to the 50% FG range with little effect on FT% (though he hasn't missed one yet).  To say he's hit a rookie wall makes zero sense to me, but I'll come back and admit it if I'm wrong over the next few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The one bad game overreactions have been on overdrive this year.  And the Rodney McGruder comparisons are laughable to anyone that actually has watched McGruder play in his career and has actually watched Nunn play this year instead of just looking at the box scores panicking.  

In no way was McGruder good ever.  He had one decent stretch of games his whole career last year when he averaged 14 points in October.  Wow.  League winning stuff.  Other than that, he is never been fantasy relevant or real life relevant ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read between the lines. 

These guys are trolling so you can drop. As soon as you do, they will scoop him up

Nunn is the truth

He will also keep getting more time on the court as season progresses and the vets start to drop

1 hour ago, curly said:

Read between the lines. 

These guys are trolling so you can drop. As soon as you do, they will scoop him up

Nunn is the truth

He will also keep getting more time on the court as season progresses and the vets start to drop

Really? Im in the same league as both of them and I dropped Nunn 3 minutes ago after reading their advice.

• Haha 1

It’s always the same idiots overreacting in all the threads too...

Starting think Russia sending in fantasy basketball trolls/plants to disrupt the US fantasy landscape lol.

Nah...all kidding aside though, it’s really getting annoying, seem to be worst then previous years too!

For anybody using these boards to help make your roster moves/adds/drops, pay attention to the post counts/avatars of users of post. 

Usually the overreactors are newer posters/newbies. I usually memorize avatars of these ppl and Ignore whatever they have to say lol. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, IDatDude said:

It’s always the same idiots overreacting in all the threads too...

Starting think Russia sending in fantasy basketball trolls/plants to disrupt the US fantasy landscape lol.

Nah...all kidding aside though, it’s really getting annoying, seem to be worst then previous years too!

For anybody using these boards to help make your roster moves/adds/drops, pay attention to the post counts/avatars of users of post. 

Usually the overreactors are newer posters/newbies. I usually memorize avatars of these ppl and Ignore whatever they have to say lol. 

Man, the overreactions are definitely much, much worse than in years past. We haven't even had 10 games yet and already people are dropping guys that have been proven top 50-60 players for years (see the RoCo, Conley, Bledsoe etc threads). 

As for Nunn - are people seriously dropping after one bad game? Like really? 

Edited by fabrar
  • Haha 1

if he plays bad again tonight, is that something to be concerned about?

Miami is so deep aside from Jimmy that I have to imagine the perimeter players will all switch off having big games/bad games

16 minutes ago, nir said:

I play fantasy in ultra competitive 12 teamers, with deep rosters and IR slots. 

Not sure what settings your referring to with this question, but in a 12 teamer and up, it’s gonna are more then 2 games for me to drop a young talented player, whose a starter. 

My leash is extremely long with high upside guys like this because I know in my league the WWs are BARE. Yeah if he plays bad...I can drop him and stream the latest flavor of the wk, I may get some production now, but in a week when I drop that player and Nunn’s back on track and balling out (young players...u gotta deal with inconsistency)....yeah....went thru that with Mitchell couple years back...never again. And funny enough, his close player comp is...well Mitchell lol

So go ahead and drop him for one of the warriors guards or Bruce Brown jr or something, and let’s revisit thread in a couple weeks. Remember folks...it’s a long season...we got 82 games 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nir said:

You shoulda already dropped for a hot free agent after his last dud.

• Haha 2

It's a whole lot of reverse psychology / mental gymnastics going on. As soon as you drop him, at least half the league will put in a priority. Don't fall for it lol.

I'm not sure whether anyone has raised this point before but this situation reminds me of Rodney McGruder last season.

Not worried in the least bit, he was due for some off games, and Denver is putting Gary Harris on him.

Some of you really want your fellow league mates to drop him so bad lmao. How disgraceful.

10 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I'm not sure whether anyone has raised this point before but this situation reminds me of Rodney McGruder last season.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Some of you really want your fellow league mates to drop him so bad lmao. How disgraceful.

The gods have brought him back to earth.